Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

After the show we went to the Piazza Café for one last Fat Carrot Cake for dad.

CarnivalPride293.jpg

We ran into Richard and Helene again and had a nice long chat about our cruise.

CarnivalPride291.jpg

We returned to our cabin at 12:30 a.m, put our luggage out in the hallway for pick-up and went to bed.

CarnivalPride295.jpg

Since it was our last night, Mitchel’s curfew was 1 a.m but obviously it wasn’t enough because dad had to go find him at 3:40 in the morning, he was roaming the ship with his buddies.

Tomorrow is debarkation day.:(

Thank you LoveMyBoxer. I'm hoping to be cruising on Miracle next year. :)

Mike!

You and Tracy will LOVE the Miracle!!!!! Do you want to take the Miracle out of Florida or NYC? One day we want to go out of NYC!

Aruba and Curacao are beautiful!!!! :) So was Catalina Island in DR! We did not make it to Grand Turk due to high winds! :(

8 night cruise is awesome!!!!!

Hi Mike:

I hope you do cruise the Miracle. It is our favorite ship, especially out of NYC! If you enjoyed the Galley tour, I think you would really like the "Behind the Fun" tour. I can't recall if you did that on you B2B2B2B! Thank you for another wonderful review! I "almost" feel like I'm just back from a cruise!

Karen

Thanks Karen.

We haven't done the "Behind the Fun" tour. It's nice that we still have lots of things to do and places to go even after 6 cruises under our belt. :)

Mike!

You and Tracy will LOVE the Miracle!!!!! Do you want to take the Miracle out of Florida or NYC? One day we want to go out of NYC!

Aruba and Curacao are beautiful!!!! :) So was Catalina Island in DR! We did not make it to Grand Turk due to high winds! :(

8 night cruise is awesome!!!!!

In 2012 if possible we would like to do Miracle, 8 nights out of New York and Liberty out of Miami.:)

Mike, I stumbled across your cruise review last evening while doing some research on what we should do as our second cruise. I read from the first post to the last night -took me about 3 hours!

Our first (my husband, two sons 10 & 14 and I) were on the RCCL Explorer out of NJ the week of Feb 18 and LOVED it. We are hooked. We live in NJ and it was definitely easy without the plane ride. I hate to fly so am looking for other cruises nearby. BTW, my 14 yo is a Mitchell too but two L's in his name!

I had found the Carnival Pride and your photos and descriptions definitely make it easy to see what it could be like cruising out of Baltimore on her. We are looking at the first week of November in 2012. Thanks for sharing your experience and all the beautiful photos.

Good luck to Tracy and the rest of the family while she is away.

Thanks again!

Randi

Mike, I stumbled across your cruise review last evening while doing some research on what we should do as our second cruise. I read from the first post to the last night -took me about 3 hours!

Our first (my husband, two sons 10 & 14 and I) were on the RCCL Explorer out of NJ the week of Feb 18 and LOVED it. We are hooked. We live in NJ and it was definitely easy without the plane ride. I hate to fly so am looking for other cruises nearby. BTW, my 14 yo is a Mitchell too but two L's in his name!

I had found the Carnival Pride and your photos and descriptions definitely make it easy to see what it could be like cruising out of Baltimore on her. We are looking at the first week of November in 2012. Thanks for sharing your experience and all the beautiful photos.

Good luck to Tracy and the rest of the family while she is away.

Thanks again!

Randi

Thank you Randi, so your an addict like the rest of us now. Hope you enjoy your cruise on Carnival Pride. :D

Sunday, Jan 9th, 2011: Debarkation

We got up at 8 a.m and left the cabin shortly after 9 a.m. We made our way to the Lido Deck for breakfast.

CarnivalPride300.jpg

CarnivalPride299.jpg

One last meal

CarnivalPride298.jpg

Facebook friends for life?

CarnivalPride297.jpg

Last minute notes in my journal

CarnivalPride305.jpg

Took a walk outside, very chilly 27 degrees.

Notice the hats and scarfs.

CarnivalPride301.jpg

CarnivalPride302.jpg

CarnivalPride303.jpg

As mentioned earlier, our debarkation zone number was 19 and we were expected to be called between 11:40 and 11:50 a.m. Things were running ahead of time and we were off the ship at 10:55 a.m. We quickly picked up our luggage, then instead of getting in the long custom lines for Americans and we were directed to the international area which had no line whatsoever. Lucky us! We were in our vehicle and on the road at 11:10 a.m.

We traveled 4 hours and stopped in Milford, CT, at the same Hyatt Place that we had stayed in on our way to Baltimore. Cost:$69.39 taxes included through Priceline, in a studio room with king size bed, sofa bed, mini fridge, free hot breakfast, free wireless, free parking. The next day we drove the remaining 7 hours to our home in New Brunswick, Canada.

To make it easier to obtain the Funtimes I have included all seven days in one post.

To open, click on the links below, (Pride day 1-7) it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 5 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

Pride Day 1

Pride day 2

Pride day 3

Pride day 4

Pride day 5

Pride day 6

Pride day 7

Just wanted to add my thank you for your very thorough review. Your pictures are great and really gives me an idea of what to expect in July when we go with our kids and grandkids. We've cruised a lot, but not too familiar with Carnival, so your report has been very helpful. I know it was a very time consuming process, but is really appreciated.

Good luck to you and your beautiful family and hope you have many more happy travels.

Fran

I also have the activity schedules for all age groups. Camp Carnival ages 2-5, 6-8, 9-11. Circle C ages 12-14, and the O2 schedule ages 15-17.

To open, click on the links below, it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 5 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

Camp_Carnival_2-5_years_old.pdf

Camp_Carnival_ages_6-8.pdf

Camp_Carnival_9-11_year_old.pdf

Circle_C.pdf

O2_Club.pdf

Mike, this was the most comprehensive, informative review I have ever seen. Your pictures along with the review gave us even more input. We leave NJ on Sunday morning at 8am heading for Baltimore and the Pride. Our excitement level is growing with each passing minute. Thank you so much for all the information. I hope we have as much fun as your family but I hope it's a little warmer than 27 degrees, lol. Bon Voyage.

Margie

Just wanted to add my thank you for your very thorough review. Your pictures are great and really gives me an idea of what to expect in July when we go with our kids and grandkids. We've cruised a lot, but not too familiar with Carnival, so your report has been very helpful. I know it was a very time consuming process, but is really appreciated.

Good luck to you and your beautiful family and hope you have many more happy travels.

Fran

Thank you Fran, hope you enjoy Carnival. :)

Hi Mike, I found your reviews last week, starting with your B2B2B. Love it! I'm from Newfoundland Canada and we're cruising in 3 weeks on the freedom. I'm so excited. This is only our second cruise but we're addicted already. After reading your reviews I want to do a B2B badly. Maybe next year. Your reviews gave me the incentive to bring my gym clothes this time and keep working out instead of just eating and lazing around, Thank you for that and good luck to Tracey!

Thank you so much for this great review! We leave for our first-ever family cruise on April 3 and seeing this has been great. DH and I are a little nervous as it's a new experience for us and we're going with a three-year-old and it's so nice to see the up to date menus, photos, Fun Times and more.

When I post my review it will be short and sweet since you covered absolutely everything! Thanks again.

so your review is almost over..so it occurs to me that Tracy should be doing one of depot...I know she is a little busy..but it would be a service to recruits from now on

I especially would like to see a photo of the garbage can over the recruits head..or are they still allowed to do that

I have video of my wife's cousin grad at depot..hearing the sgt yelling at his boneheads on their final parade is really funny...but I am sure there are people who if they heard it would think he was just mean

anyhow, thanks for the review...good wishes to Tracy and both of you stay safe

Mike, this was the most comprehensive, informative review I have ever seen. Your pictures along with the review gave us even more input. We leave NJ on Sunday morning at 8am heading for Baltimore and the Pride. Our excitement level is growing with each passing minute. Thank you so much for all the information. I hope we have as much fun as your family but I hope it's a little warmer than 27 degrees, lol. Bon Voyage.

Margie

Thank You Margie, I hope your Pride cruise is your best yet. Bon Voyage. Mike :)

Mike, you do an amazing job with your reviews and this one is no exception! Don't know how you find the time as I know how involved and time consuming it is. Another job well done! Thanks for sharing all your photos.:):):)

Thank you mississauga, I enjoyed doing the review, kept me occupied with Tracy being gone. Now I have to do some painting around the house, told Tracy I would repaint most of the house while she was away.

It was great to see a picture Manuel the Maitre'D. He was on the Miracle in 2010 and what a wonderful Maitre'D he was. Each night we saw him in the MDR and during the day, up on the Lido deck. He always stopped at our table to see how things were.

PS... time to water the plants?

:D

Thanks again for the great review and pictures.

You finished up just in time- we sail on the Pride in 15 days!!!

I was excited before, but now that I have gotten to know the ship through your review, I am more ready to go than ever before.

Thankfully we are only 15 days away.