Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Excellent review, it's a sad that all good things must come to an end, but I can't wait for the next one. Awesome job Mikey. I wish the best of luck to you and Tracy

Thanks Andrew, I can't wait for the next one too. :D

Mike, do you have your pictures and copies of menus and fun times on a website or anywhere where I could download them to show to my friend who will be cruising on the Pride with me in the fall. She is not very computer savvy, so the simpler I can make it, the better. I have loved reading your review, and your pictures are great. Good luck to you and Tracy and your family.

Thank you lulu13, check on Page 40 of my review, post # 786 ,you can download the Funtimes.

For the menu: https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Feel like I had a walk on role in a big production. I want royalties. ;)

Helene and I are looking at another post new years cruise possibly from Cape Canaveral.

We may bring a kid or two. We'll see.

Lots of good deals that first week of the year as usual.

Helene loved the Pride but not leaving Baltimore in winter.

She felt the cruise experience must include lots of sun bathing.:p

Looking forward to your future reviews. Best to all.

Feel like I had a walk on role in a big production. I want royalties. ;)

Helene and I are looking at another post new years cruise possibly from Cape Canaveral.

We may bring a kid or two. We'll see.

Lots of good deals that first week of the year as usual.

Helene loved the Pride but not leaving Baltimore in winter.

Tracy's sentiments exactly.

She felt the cruise experience must include lots of sun bathing.:p

Looking forward to your future reviews. Best to all.

Royalties you say, Mmmm, will a beer do if we ever cruise together again. :D

So I ask myself how on earth does a review thread on CC end up with 42 pages and counting with over 800 posts? Seems ridiculous to me.

But then I look at the thread and see the review and pics and discover that this is indeed the best review with pics I have ever seen on CC!!!!

Thanks so much for all the pics and the time it took to post all of it!

Fantastic job!!!

EDIT: Title supposed to say "How on earth IS a review thread so popular" but I can't fix it. Ugh, seeing it feels like a small splinter I can't remove.

Edited by cdamion

So I ask myself how on earth does a review thread on CC end up with 42 pages and counting with over 800 posts? Seems ridiculous to me.

But then I look at the thread and see the review and pics and discover that this is indeed the best review with pics I have ever seen on CC!!!!

Thanks so much for all the pics and the time it took to post all of it!

Fantastic job!!!

EDIT: Title supposed to say "How on earth IS a review thread so popular" but I can't fix it. Ugh, seeing it feels like a small splinter I can't remove.

Thanks cdamion, appreciate everything you said. :)

hey mike, may i just add my compliments for a great review. our last carnival cruise was 2 years ago, i had actually forgotten about chocolate melting cake! i was wondering how did the ship handle that windy day, was there a lot of rocking? i was a bit worried because someone had mentioned that it was longer and more narrow than some of the other ships. thanks

The yacht in the previous photos, it's huge, look at the people standing next to it.

DSC_0670.jpg

For those interested, "the Radiant was commissioned by the Russian media tycoon Boris Berezovsky but he subsequently sold her to Abdulla al-Futtaim, a billionaire car dealer from the United Arab Emirates, before she was completed. Built in 2010, length 110 m, crew 44, guests 20.

As well as the standard features for a yacht of this size - helipad, gymnasium, cinema, spa - she has one of the highest security specifications ever conceived. Berezovsky ordered a personal "escape launch" – a speedboat with turbo-charged twin diesel engines capable of exceeding 75 knots. She is also equipped with an arsenal of sonic guns that fire low-frequency sound waves that can burst the eardrums of approaching assailants, and a military water cannon capable of sinking an approaching boat at more than 100 yards."

I want one of these!!! :D

Mike

hey mike, may i just add my compliments for a great review. our last carnival cruise was 2 years ago, i had actually forgotten about chocolate melting cake! i was wondering how did the ship handle that windy day, was there a lot of rocking? i was a bit worried because someone had mentioned that it was longer and more narrow than some of the other ships. thanks

Thank you mom23+1, I don't believe the ship rocking at all. As far as I remember it was smooth sailing all the way back. Mike

Mike,

Enjoyed all of your Pride pictures! I am sailing Pride again next year, and have a serenity question.

I've seen a few pictures now in which some show the serenity lounge deck chairs with dark or brown cushions, and others with no cushions.

And..... how many hammocks are there now?

Oliver

Mike, thank you for sharing your story and family with us once again. Awesome review! I love the crystal clear pictures. Best of luck to Tracy on the rest of her training and safe return to you guys!

Thank you Diffuser87. Appreciate it. :)

Mike,

Enjoyed all of your Pride pictures! I am sailing Pride again next year, and have a serenity question.

I've seen a few pictures now in which some show the serenity lounge deck chairs with dark or brown cushions, and others with no cushions.

And..... how many hammocks are there now?

Oliver

I checked my photos and all I see is blue lounge chairs and no hammocks. So I don't know where you saw chairs with dark cushions, in the Serenity pool area?

I checked my photos and all I see is blue lounge chairs and no hammocks. So I don't know where you saw chairs with dark cushions, in the Serenity pool area?

Mike --- I think I've figured it out. You cruised Pride in early January, right? I don't think Pride had finished adding the upgrade to the aft deck by then. Since then, I've seen pictures from other cruisers (Feb & March) who have said that that area has been upgraded to "Serenty" status.

Thanks again for your review & pictures. We loved the Pride, and are looking forward to her again.

Oliver

Mike...thank you for posting such a great review. I am new here and yours was my first subscription !!! We leave on the Pride 4/3 and are very excited ! Celebrating a friends 50th !! It's been 6 years since my husband and I cruised and your review actually showed us how much we missed back then ! I took notes from your review and have them in our cruise papers to take along ! Thanks again

Hey Mike - two things:

First - it took me most of the day ( I started reading it at work and had to finish reading it when I got home) to get through this thread and read your cruise log! You did a fantastic job. You should start a blog - seriously.

Second - It made my day. I walked away from a cruise on the Paradise recently because I received news that my Dad was about to pass away just as I was about to check in. Leaving the cruise and going back home was the right thing to do, but a little part of me is sad that I didn't get to go. This journal of your family's cruise made me feel like I was there with you and for that, I thank you. <3

I am loving your review! It will obviously take me another day to finish it though! Love the pictures and the wonderful antics! Hope all is well with your wife as she completes her journey!

We cruise in June and I can't wait!

All the best.

Ann

Mike...thank you for posting such a great review. I am new here and yours was my first subscription !!! We leave on the Pride 4/3 and are very excited ! Celebrating a friends 50th !! It's been 6 years since my husband and I cruised and your review actually showed us how much we missed back then ! I took notes from your review and have them in our cruise papers to take along ! Thanks again

Thank you cmoorem2, hope you really enjoy your cruise. :)

Hey Mike - two things:

First - it took me most of the day ( I started reading it at work and had to finish reading it when I got home) to get through this thread and read your cruise log! You did a fantastic job. You should start a blog - seriously.

Second - It made my day. I walked away from a cruise on the Paradise recently because I received news that my Dad was about to pass away just as I was about to check in. Leaving the cruise and going back home was the right thing to do, but a little part of me is sad that I didn't get to go. This journal of your family's cruise made me feel like I was there with you and for that, I thank you. <3

Thank you imaboo, very nice of you. Also I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get to cruise soon. Mike

I am loving your review! It will obviously take me another day to finish it though! Love the pictures and the wonderful antics! Hope all is well with your wife as she completes her journey!

We cruise in June and I can't wait!

All the best.

Ann

Thanks Ann, all the best to you and yours and have a nice cruise. Mike