Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

We leave in 5 days on the Pride and I have just spent the last two hours reading this entire thread. Your pictures are beautiful. I have a question about Port Canaveral. Carnival offers a round trip shuttle for $16, but you mentioned shuttles for $10. Is that round trip and is it different than the shuttle service through Carnival. We are just going to Cocoa Beach to meet up with my husband's family who live not far from there.

Great Review! Loved your B2B2B2B Review also! Best of luck to Tracy in her new career. My DH is a LEO here in the states. I have a lot of respect for all you guys and gals do!! I couldn't do it myself (I'm a total wimp), but I can't imagine what we regular citizens would do without you. Thanks for helping to keep us safe!!

Thank you alreadypacked. :):)

I love this photo of you two. You can just see the love in Tracy's face. Hope that this six months truly flies by for you both and she'll be back in your arms before too long

Thanks momof1lilguy, I hope so too. :)

Thanks for taking us on another fun filled day. Must have been that cheese cake that refueled your batteries. I am exhausted just reading about all that you did! Good for you! Not to put a damper on this, but this is a pet peeve of mine in the shows: you get there early to get a good seat at the front, then people wander in RIGHT before the show start and pull up chairs and sit smack in front of you. I can see evidence of this in some of your pictures. Ah, well, such is life, right? Can't wait to read about your sea day. ;)

Actually it was the staff who put those chairs out. :(

Can I ask where Tracy will be going for 6months?

I seemed to have missed something and I can't find the info..

Just being curious!

And by the way...i LOVE your reviews... Makes me feel like I am there with your family..

Thanks.

Thanks Riley's Mom

Tracy is gone to R.C.M.P (Mountie) training for six months. She been gone almost a month now. We really miss her.

For those who sent her cards she told me last night that she has receiced three of them. She will try to get on cruise critic this coming weekend if she can find the time.

We leave in 5 days on the Pride and I have just spent the last two hours reading this entire thread. Your pictures are beautiful. I have a question about Port Canaveral. Carnival offers a round trip shuttle for $16, but you mentioned shuttles for $10. Is that round trip and is it different than the shuttle service through Carnival. We are just going to Cocoa Beach to meet up with my husband's family who live not far from there.

Hi, I hope you/Mike don't mind if I butt in here. We went to Cocoa Beach last November. Friends of ours moved there, just a few miles from the cruise terminal and they picked us up right there. So I wonder if it's an option for your family to pick you up vs. you taking the shuttle to THEM! Have a great cruise and family visit!

Hi, I hope you/Mike don't mind if I butt in here. We went to Cocoa Beach last November. Friends of ours moved there, just a few miles from the cruise terminal and they picked us up right there. So I wonder if it's an option for your family to pick you up vs. you taking the shuttle to THEM! Have a great cruise and family visit!

Karen, thanks for the response and suggestion. But the problem is they are 4 people in sedan and we are five. They are elderly and only will travel in one car so it's better for us to go to them. :)

Hi Mike - Great review so far.. :) I was wondering what those pink cubes were in one of the dessert buffet photos ??

I tried cropping it so you can see what I am referring to...

Thanks - Kelly

Thanks kelly.

Sorry, I don't know what they are.

Another Great Review!!! You tell such a great story and paint such a good picture of your trip!!! On a side note you better hope your Buddies back at work don't find all this good blackmail materiel on here:p LOL!!!

Good luck to the Misses! And to You and your Family!

Thank you SteelerCruiser, appreciate it.:)

Just enjoyed looking at the crisp clear pictures you have taken and shared. wondered what type of camera you used and how long were you able to use it before recharging???

Nikon D50. I think the battery was good for about a 1000 photos.

Yes that $10 roundtrip and it is different from the Carnival shuttle.

Quoting myself from an earlier post. "No reservations, just walk over to the taxi/stuttle area and buy your $10 per person ticket for the day. If you choose the same stuttle we did, the first stop is at the parking lot of Ron Jon Surf Shop which is just a short walking distance to Cocoa Beach. The next stop is Walmart and then Merritt Mall. They have several shuttles doing this route all day."

I don't mind any useful suggestions that can help answer or clarify a question. Thanks for helping out. :D

Richard and Helene enjoying the show or was it the beer

CarnivalPride111.jpg

Both!:o Glad you didn't mention the unpleasantness at Chaz's show. That was crazy!

So sad. This review is coming to an end (I think).

At 3:15 p.m we went to the Normandie Lounge for the free galley tour. There was a good crowd, we sat at the dining tables as one of the restaurant’s officer gave us a run down on how the galley operates. The number of meals prepared each day, the amount of eggs, chicken, shrimps, steaks, etc. they go through every week. One bit of information I found interesting was that the food is loaded in Port Canaveral rather than Baltimore mostly because of the possibility of a winter storm hindering the whole process of delivery and loading.

CarnivalPride163.jpg

CarnivalPride164.jpg

CarnivalPride165.jpg

Bet that place is bustling during meal hours

CarnivalPride166.jpg

CarnivalPride167.jpg

CarnivalPride168.jpg

After the galley tour we went back to our cabin to pack our bags, always a depressing necessity. We had zone ticket # 19, according to the debarkation information pamphlet this meant we would supposedly be disembarking between 11:40 and 11:50 a.m. We hunted down our room steward (Rodel from the Phillipines) and gave him an extra tip.

Debarkation002.jpg

Debarkation001.jpg

If anyone would like to be able to download the pamphlet:

Click on the pamphlet below, it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in (for my computer) 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 5 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

Debarkation_Information.pdf

After photographing our last cruise sunset we hurried to the ‘Fun Farewell Party’ for free drinks in the Taj Mahal Lounge. The party had began at 5.00 p.m. I had three Whiskey Sour while Tracy decided to abstain from any alcohol because it leads to the munchies and ultimately, a snack right before dinner.

Lots of waiters

CarnivalPride198.jpg

CarnivalPride199.jpg

Our favorite bar waiter (Hery)

CarnivalPride200.jpg

Whiskeys sours

CarnivalPride194.jpg

CarnivalPride193.jpg

Hi Mike - Great review so far.. :) I was wondering what those pink cubes were in one of the dessert buffet photos ??

I tried cropping it so you can see what I am referring to...

Thanks - Kelly

I believe those are pink marshmallows. I was just on the Glory and they were offered during the Chocolate Buffet. I was curious when I saw them and was going to get some when I read the sign for Pink Marshmallows.

Kirk invited people up on the stage to dance to the band music but only one little girl came up.

CarnivalPride195.jpg

Then another

CarnivalPride196.jpg

Then a whole bunch

CarnivalPride197.jpg

Afterwards, Tracy couldn’t help herself, she had to have Sushi. We’ll have to bypass the sushi bar next time, especially right before dinner. :D

CarnivalPride201.jpg

CarnivalPride202.jpg

I believe those are pink marshmallows. I was just on the Glory and they were offered during the Chocolate Buffet. I was curious when I saw them and was going to get some when I read the sign for Pink Marshmallows.

thanks :D I figured it was something like that to dip in the chocolate fountain..