Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

The review is still great! I love all the pictures of Nassau and Atlantis. We had planned on going to Atlantis on our cruise last month. My Mom wasn't feeling well and we just stayed on the ship. Fortunately we didn't book it. We were going to go over and buy them there. Worst case scenario we were just to walk around. Lucky you that you got to tour the place for free. I wish I had that luck.

On Cabbage Beach did the water have rocks? Our tablemates went and said the beach was rocky in the water. Plus the sand had a lot of shells and hurt to walk on barefoot. Did you notice this as well?

Thank you tmt218. When I went in the water there was no rocks but then again I believe the tide was high and I didn't have to go very far. Maybe farther out??

As for the sand it was very fine, loved it.

MIke,

I'm really surprised you all got to that part of Atlantis without anyone stopping you!

They've been really strict on that both when we have visited on a cruise, and when we've stayed there....

I don't know why the guard choose to let us in a restricted area, being it was our first time at Atlantis we didn't know at the time that the outside lagoon area was for paying customers and hotel guests only. After we walked to where you see people in the photo and watched the feeding, we re-entered the building and to our surprise we were in the aquarian area. It was then we realized what had happened. Like I said earlier he was talking to several guests and simply ignored us. :)

DSC_0726.jpg

An article came out in our local newspaper about Tracy fulfilling her lifelong dream.

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/search/article/1382173

Thanks for the article. A very nice read and no way would I want to be on her bad side.

..since Tracy has a black belt she can just use the Alberta translator...thats where you bang the guys head into a table til he understands English

that joke goes over really well with the Ottawa types.

I love the humor there. Too bad it probably doesn't work. will probably be better off play pictionary.

I can promise you one thing.. I wouldnt want ot on the wrong side of that "teeny blond" LOL!! She'd kick my butt!!

ditto

when my oldest son started at the US Merchant Marine Academy last year, a number of the first-years learned to sleep on top of the sheets so they didn't mess them up before inspection.;)

lol. I wonder if my brother did the same thing. He graduated from Kings Point back in the mid 90s. My mother is still involved with the school and always seems to work indock. I was on the wait list but decided to pass. Good thing to since I met my wife in college in Oswego.

Joe

Tracy had Chicken Breast Marinated with Thai Spices and Oven Roasted Tom Turkey, no dessert. I had 3 starters again, Fried Shrimps, Chicken Breast Marinated with Thai Spices and Caesar Salad. For my entree (2) Grilled Filet Mignon of the Finest Aged American Beef and for dessert vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce. Mitchel had Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup, Penne Tossed in a Tomato Cream with Vodka and a plate of assorted cheese for dessert.

Fried Shrimps

DSC_0833.jpg

Chicken Breast Marinated with Thai Spices

DSC_0834.jpg

Oven Roasted Tom Turkey

DSC_0840.jpg

Double order of Grilled Filet Mignon of the Finest Aged American Beef

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

Right after dinner we went to the Butterflies Lounge for Karaoke with Melvin. Always fun, Tracy sang a song.

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0851.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

Melvin took a break and at 8:30 p.m they had Superstar Live with the Showband.

DSC_0861.jpg

Tracy was in a singing mood tonight since she had a couple of her new favourite drink, ‘Tiramisu’ (Malibu Rum, Peach Schnapps, Butterscotch Schnapps, Frangelico, Brogan’s Irish Cream, Ameretto and Kahlua)

DSC_0860.jpg

At 9:30 p.m we went to the Taj Mahal For the ‘Gender Showdown’ . A battle of the sexes, 6 girls against 6 guys. I was picked as one of the contestants. It was funny because Tracy had gone to the restroom and when she returned she was puzzled that I was gone until she saw me waving to her from the stage.

The first round was a number’s game. The men and women were each given a number from zero to five. Then the host called out a 5 digit number such as 51, 204 and your team had to line up in the proper order. We played four rounds and the guys won every one. The funny thing is when they played the Gender Showdown game on our Imagination cruise, they used letters instead of numbers and obviously they had to spell words, the girls destroyed the guys.

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

The second round involved sticking a quarter between your butt cheeks and then you had to walk any way you can ( usually the penguin shuttle) up to a cocktail glass, turn around and try to drop it in the glass.

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0879.jpg

One for the guys

DSC_0880.jpg

Mike...thank you for your awesome and detailed cruise review.....and finally....I get to see your smile!! You looked great in that picture on stage coming at the camera.....I know that you're RCMP, but you're also on vacation...... :D <----- want to see more of these....!!!!

Thanks again for the wonderful pictorial!!

Joyce :D

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am sailing the Pride in September. It will be my first time on Carnival. Your pictures are wonderful. Love the food photos - helping me decide what I am going to order already! LOL

Your family is beautiful by the way!

Another one for the guys

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

The guys won this round.

The last round involved making a snowman by wrapping up one of your teammates using toilet tissue. This round ended in a tie and thus the guys took overall title of being the dominant sex.

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

Mike...thank you for your awesome and detailed cruise review.....and finally....I get to see your smile!! You looked great in that picture on stage coming at the camera.....I know that you're RCMP, but you're also on vacation...... :D <----- want to see more of these....!!!!

Thanks again for the wonderful pictorial!!

Joyce :D

Thank you Joyce. There you go. :D:D:D:D