Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

I've had no problem viewing any of the photos if you are using an outdated browser that may be the problem, if you don't have IE8 or Firefox try doing an update and see if it works then. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to chime in...

By the way Mike it has been great reading both of your reviews looking forward to the conclusion to this latest vacation. You're making me want to take a cruise before I go away on the one I'm going on in September. Great photos Mike and good luck to Tracy.

I love the review but have not been able to see the pictures.

There is just a little box with an x in it.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

I had this same problem the other day. I just logged off (turned the computer off) waited a few minutes and turned the computer on again and I could see the pictures. Hope it works for you! :cool:

Thank you for posting this review. I just booked this cruise a few days ago and was very excited to read your take. I love all the pictures and can't wait to sail on her in December. I agree with your wife on the Tiramisu it is my favorite drink as well. Thanks for including the ingredients down now I can make it at home. Yummy.

Thanks again and the best of luck to your family.

Karen

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am sailing the Pride in September. It will be my first time on Carnival. Your pictures are wonderful. Love the food photos - helping me decide what I am going to order already! LOL

Your family is beautiful by the way!

Thank you jetravel, very kind of you. :)

Next was ‘ 60 seconds or less’. Contestants had 60 seconds to complete a task. The first contestant had to toss ping pong balls in cocktail glasses.

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

...it is to come across another one of your awesome reviews! I've been off cruise critic for a month or so since returning from my last cruise. Now that I have another one booked, I'M BAAAAACKKK! :D Hate to think I almost missed this! I thoroughly enjoyed your last review and this one is following along with your great standard of excellence! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Congrats and best wished to Tracy in her new endeavor! I, too, had a late career change. After nearly 18 years as a flight attendant, I am now the director of the children's ministry at one of my church's campuses. I also never looked back....the airline industry was getting tough. I took down Tracy's address and plan to send her a card, too.

Can't wait to see more and I will once again hate it when your review is over! You AND your son should smile more!! ;) You're such handsome fellows and you hide it behind the seriousness! I have a handsome husband and 3 handsome sons and there's nothing better than seeing handsome men smiling! :)

The second contestant had to shake her booty and make little round plastic balls come out of the box that was attached to her hips.

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

I don’t remember what the third contestant’s task was but she happily walked off the stage with a ship on a stick.

DSC_0898.jpg

The fourth contestant had to put a cookie on his forehead and try to catch it in his mouth. It was funny because his nose always got in the way.

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

At 11:15 p.m it was time for the ‘Carnival Quest’ game in the Butterflies Lounge. We had heard about it but had no idea what to expect. The game is described as "If you’re an adult who wants to have fun, we’ve got just the thing. These adult-only team competitions will have you throwing your inhibitions into the sea" Our host, Patrick told the crowd that everyone could participate and to make teams of 4-8 people, in other words 2 to 4 couples per teams. We were sitting in the front row with 3 other couples so naturally we formed a team with them. Patrick then told us to send one person from each team to pick up a team number, we were lucky number 13.

Patrick

DSC_0901.jpg

Judges

DSC_0906.jpg

The objective of the game was that Patrick would call out for an object or action and one or more members of each team would come up to him, show him the object or perform the action. Depending on when you successfully completed the task, points were awarded accordingly, first to finish got the most point, then second and so on. He started with something simple like a real set of keys, no one on our team had any keys, who need keys on a ship? Then he asked for a fruit, one of our teammates had a slice of orange in their cocktail. Next he asked for a ‘Funtimes’ , again we scored some points. Then Patrick called for a set of false teeth, no points for us. Then he wanted a girl to come up and perform the ‘worm’ .

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0904.jpg

Patrick’s interpretation of the ‘worm’

DSC_0905.jpg

Next he wanted a girl and a guy to come up and exchange a piece of clothing.

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

Following that was a guy had to bring up a single girl and show Patrick he had obtained her phone number. Tracy went up with a teammate after he said " pretend to be single".

DSC_0911.jpg

Patrick kept three girls on stage to ask them for their phone numbers. Notice Tracy is trying to hide her ring. Naughty!

DSC_0912.jpg

As of now I hadn’t participated in any of the events so when Patrick called for a bald headed guy I was the first one up. After the task was over and all the teams had sent in their cue balls, Patrick asked me to stay on stage since I guess I had been the first one to respond. He got a chair and had me sit down. (I’m thinking what is he up to).

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

As of now I hadn’t participated in any of the events so when Patrick called for a bald headed guy I was the first one up. After the task was over and all the teams had sent in their cue balls, Patrick asked me to stay on stage since I guess I had been the first one to respond. He got a chair and had me sit down. (I’m thinking what is he up to).

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

waiting to see what "you did". Being he wanted "bald" makes me guess.

Patrick asked for a girl to come up and kiss my bald head and leave a lipstick mark. Tracy’s up there waiting her turn.

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0919.jpg

Tracy going for extra points. Patrick figured out we were a couple and said " I thought you were single"

DSC_0920.jpg

Then he asked me how I liked it? I responded (choosing my words carefully) that I loved all the attention. Well if that’s the case, I want a guy to come up and kiss his bald head and leave a lipstick mark. Talk about rough, man I could feel all those whiskers, now I understand what you ladies have to endure at times.

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

Patrick gave me a bottle of champagne for being a good sport.

DSC_0945.jpg

in one of our first cruises the cruise director at the welcome aboard show told the audience a cruise is what u make of it....make ur own fun, get involved. we have remembered that every cruise we take and have always got involved whether on stage or just laughing in the audience....it looks like ur family has that same philosophy. nice to see u smiling!!!

The next task was for a guy to come up on all fours and bark like a dog.

DSC_0924.jpg

Then he wanted a girl to show him her tattoo. You can see girls on both ends backing in, trying to get Patrick’s attention.

DSC_0926.jpg

Come on Patrick, check it out.

DSC_0925.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

After that he asked the guys to show him their six pack.

DSC_0928.jpg

If you’re thinking by now ‘wow’, well it gets better/worst depending on how you look at it. Next he wanted a girl to show him a bra and that meant in hand. Those two girls going up were our teammates, both of them did it even tho one would have sufficed.

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0931.jpg

DSC_0932.jpg

Now for the finale, Patrick asked for a guy to get dressed like a girl and he specified that he wanted a bra, purse, high heels and lip stick. All of the sudden I noticed that most of my teammates were looking at me and I’m like "what, I haven’t done enough" Anyway, off I go, for the team and all.

DSC_0936-1-1.jpg

I couldn’t fit in any high heels so I settled for flip flops.

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

DSC_0939-1.jpg

DSC_0940.jpg

Then Patrick asked each of the guys (girls) to strut their stuff for the crowd.

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0943.jpg

The points were tallied and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams were awarded a bottle of champagne. A lot of fun, a lot of laughs, I hope none of my colleagues are CC members.

Overall a very good, fun filled day, (Cabbage beach, Atlantis, Senor Frog, Tracy singing at Karaoke and SuperStar live, the Gender Showdown and Carnival Quest). Tomorrow is Freeport and we had a snorkeling excursion scheduled at Paradise Cove but it was cancelled.