Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Quote "What I couldn’t understand was why we had to head north right of way, we had plenty of time, the ship could have stayed in the warmer waters, hence warmer temperatures for a while. We did get a OBC of just over $9 each which was better than nothing."

We didn't understand what the rush was either. Cracked me up that it was called a "bonus" day at sea.:rolleyes: Some bonus.

We peeled away from Freeport at 22 -23 Knots.:confused:

Wasn't all that impressed with the bonus activities either. Mike, I can't remember if it was you who told me

that they were up for the Pride's attempt to get to port and it was one half hearted attempt. Not 5 attempts as announced by Kirk.

I loved the cruise and would have to say this was the one thing that annoyed me.

I understand weather happens and ports are missed but it was not handled well.

In the end not a huge deal.

We spent a quiet afternoon walking around the ship, doing a little bit of shopping, had refreshments in the Atrium and did the dreaded but necessary laundry.

Trying out the glass elevator. We usually kept to the stairs when Tracy wasn’t wearing high heels.

DSC_0970.jpg

One way to keep a girl happy

DSC_0971.jpg

Looking for our photos

DSC_0972.jpg

Atrium

DSC_0973-1.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

DSC_0976.jpg

LOVE you quest pictures!!!! We have been on 5 cruises now and have not made it to one of them! :(

I am not a night person! Really, next cruise we take I will make sure to take a nap that day! :p

We ALSO had the same problem on our last cruise, to windy to port! :( Such a bummer when you are looking forward to getting on land for a bit! This happened to us trying to get to Grand Turk! We were suppose to rent golf carts for the day! You just have no choice but to make the best of it! :)

You have the BEST reviews!!!! :D

Tonight was our second elegant night, we love having a reason to dress up, actually I love seeing Tracy in a dress, back home she seldom wears them.

On our way to dinner.

DSC_00302.jpg

DSC_00292.jpg

The Ice Sculpture Martini

DSC_00102.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

Mitchel putting the moves on a girl

DSC_00122.jpg

I'm in love with your reviews! I JUST finished reading your 4 cruise review and really enjoy the way you write these! You have a lovely family and I pray Tracy's training goes by super fast so you guys can cruise again! (and of course so she is home with you) :)

Enjoying your review very much! We were able to walk thru everything at Atlantis on our Sensation cruise, didn't even see any guards.:D However, the next time we went on Fascination, guards were out in force, and you were limited to where you were allowed to gol:(

Thank you blueridge20. :)

I'm thinking I should post one of those pictures of you in a bra on the front door of the RCMP office, or maybe I should just keep a copy of it in my car in case you ever decide to stop me for something.:D

I think the latter would be better for you and me. :D

I am once again inspired by you and Tracy! We have been more "observers" in the past on cruises.....still have alot of fun, but not so much what you would call "participators." My cousin and I have already decided we are going to be "those people" on the next cruise and really try to participate in EVERYTHING! Seeing your pics just inspired me even more! Can't wait!

Great Review! Loved your B2B2B2B Review also! Best of luck to Tracy in her new career. My DH is a LEO here in the states. I have a lot of respect for all you guys and gals do!! I couldn't do it myself (I'm a total wimp), but I can't imagine what we regular citizens would do without you. Thanks for helping to keep us safe!!

Tracy had the Penne Siciliana from the main course menu as a starter, also Delice of the Ocean as a second starter, Martini Bass of filet for her main course, which was a change in the menu and for dessert, Amaretto Cake. I had Delice of the Ocean and Caesar Salad for starters, (2) Grilled Jumbo Tiger Shrimps with Beurre Blanc and Baked Alaska for dessert. Mitchel had Corn Chowder Maryland, Grilled Jumbo Tiger Shrimps and Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

Penne Siciliana

DSC_00142.jpg

Delice of the Ocean

DSC_00152.jpg

Martini Bass of filet

DSC_00212.jpg

Double order of Grilled Jumbo Tiger Shrimps

DSC_00222.jpg

Amaretto Cake

DSC_00232.jpg

Baked Alaska

DSC_00242.jpg

Since we were all dressed up, after our meal we went to the Atrium looking for a nice spot to have our photos taken. We took one photo by the railing, Mitchel was impatient and that’s all we got from him.

DSC_00362.jpg

The Ice Sculpture Martini

DSC_00312.jpg

DSC_00322.jpg

The Renaissance Lobby Bar

DSC_00332.jpg

All the goods spots in the Atrium were occupied so Tracy and I went to get our photos taken by the fountain. There were a couple of families taken photographs so we helped them out ( took photos of them with their camera) and they returned the favor.

CarnivalPride091.jpg

CarnivalPride093.jpg

CarnivalPride094.jpg

DSC_00452.jpg

DSC_00472.jpg

Then we were off to Starry Nights Lounge for Karaoke with Melvin. Enjoyed the singing until it was time to make our way to the Taj Mahal Lounge for ‘Vroom’ a tribute to the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Good show, in my opinion the best of the big three (Wonderful World, Jazzin and Vroom). As mentioned earlier we are not allowed to take photos of the shows but I have pre-show entertainment photos with Assistant Cruise Director Jaime.

DSC_00492.jpg

DSC_00502.jpg

DSC_00512.jpg

DSC_00522.jpg

DSC_00532.jpg

DSC_00542.jpg

After the show we hurried to the Butterflies Lounge for the ‘Punchliner Comedy Club’ featuring the R-Rated comedy specials of Happy Cole and Chas Elstner. We loved Happy Cole, he talked very fast with lots of sound effects. Chas Elstner was also funny, part of his act was to pick on/tease all the different nationalities in the crowd.

Happy Cole

CarnivalPride104.jpg

CarnivalPride105.jpg

CarnivalPride106.jpg

Between the shows

CarnivalPride107.jpg

Getting busy, they added chairs, people sat on the floor.

CarnivalPride108.jpg

DSC_00612.jpg

After the comedy specials it was time for a treat at Piazza café, we shared a Strawberry Cheesecake.

DSC_00672.jpg

DSC_00662.jpg

Afterwards we returned to Starry Nights for more Karaoke. Tracy wanted to sing but it was too late to submit her name since the lounge was closing soon.

Melvin belting out a song.

DSC_00682.jpg

These guys brought Wendy ( Melvin’s assistance), up on stage to serenaded her with a love song.

DSC_00692.jpg

DSC_00702.jpg

After it closed we headed over to Beauties Dance Club. The place was rocking!

DSC_00712.jpg

In the last few days, Tracy was being recognized by people who enjoyed seeing her on stage with Max Winfrey, even when I wasn’t with her, people would ask me where Tracy, tell her I loved her dress, etc. As for me I had a few people say to me " Hey, aren’t you the bald guy that got all those kisses". Well that’s it for today, tomorrow is another sea day.

DSC_00282.jpg