Cruise to Hawaii in 2012

dyson

My son will be going into the military next year, so we want to go on one more vacation as a family, Not saying that we wont go after he gets back. but it would be different...

so my idea is to go to Hawaii..But carnival doesnt have anything showing for 2012.. I know this year they have a 12 day does anyone know if they will be doign that next year...

My goal is to go with 5 people total as cost effectively as possible.....

any ideas?

We are patiently for the end of 2012 Hawaii prices to come out!! Hopefully they will release them within the next few months!! Maybe...April/May!!??

There is no telling what Carnival is going to do yet, with regard to Hawaii and Alaska, after August 2012 - as that's when the Spirit is being repositioned to Australia.

My guess is that they will take one of the 3 east coast Spirit class ships, run it through the canal, and have it take the Spirit's place.

Tom

There is no telling what Carnival is going to do yet, with regard to Hawaii and Alaska, after August 2012 - as that's when the Spirit is being repositioned to Australia.

My guess is that they will take one of the 3 east coast Spirit class ships, run it through the canal, and have it take the Spirit's place.

Tom

With the booking numbers being what they are in California and other cruise lines pulling out all together....

I would predict that the Splendor will take over for the Spirit and there won't be any 7 day cruises out of California year round...just when the Splendor isn't in Alaska....

But like you said...with Carnival..there is no telling...:)

With the booking numbers being what they are in California and other cruise lines pulling out all together....

I would predict that the Splendor will take over for the Spirit and there won't be any 7 day cruises out of California year round...just when the Splendor isn't in Alaska....

Good point. I suppose we'll all know in the next couple of months!

So, I guess your switching to the January sailing is wishful thinking on our part... right? :(

Tom

I'm betting you're correct - with the west coast cruise market almost dead, I doubt they'll bring us another ship to cover Alaska :(

Tom

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Splendor will be doing the Hawaii cruise!! I know that the Inspiration will start doing 3/4 Baja Mexico cruises next year out of LA.

We did the Hawaii round trip on Princess. I would say fly to Hawaii you will get to see and do a lot more, 14 or 15 days on a ship is a lot (and I love my sea days!!!)......
Those 14 or 15 day round trips are mostly cruises at sea with little time in Hawaii, only a day or 2 for each island.

A one way cruise provides a nice compromise. 5 days at sea, 7 days in the islands, then off the ship in Hawaii to stay on whichever islands you like for as long as you want. The bad part, for those of us who hate long flights, is needing to fly one way.

I ahve decided to go on teh 12 day from Mexico to Hawaii.. It will save me almost 3,000. and we will get more " island time "

Now all I need is a 2012 schedule

anybody know A cheap Arline from Honolulu to Jackson area? I can do Ga or Al too even new Orleans

• 2 weeks later...
Try the 9/11 Spirit sailing from Seattle to Vancouver for Alaska and then

try the 9/18 Spirit sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu for Hawaii.

HAVE FUN!

Don't try this, as you will find out that because of the Jones act, later you may end up having to re book on another cruise line to do a B2B.(Not really a B2B if using two lines)

Vanc. BC is not a distant foreign port (according to the Jones Act)

We ran into this very problem last Sept. about 5 of my CC Group had to cancel their Alaska 1/2 of the cruise on the Spirit, and quickly find another Line to sail it, then take the Spirit to Hawaii.

That after all their air fare and such had already be made.

It wasn't pretty I wouldn't think.

And Carnival had different answers every time a call was made.

"Yes, no, yes, no...Humm we'll look into that."

So just be aware...Not worth the stress of "What If"

• 4 weeks later...
We did the Hawaii round trip on Princess. I would say fly to Hawaii you will get to see and do a lot more, 14 or 15 days on a ship is a lot (and I love my sea days!!!). Of course we were on Princess not on Carnival, I really did not like Princess at all.

I had to choose between the Splendor and the Princess ship for a Hawaii cruise. I ultimately decided on Carnival, thinking the demographic may be a bit younger. Curious as to why you didn't like Princess.

Archived