Oasis Cabin Configurations, Which Do You Prefer?

will773

I know that there are alternating cabin configurations on Oasis and Allure, but does it really matter which one you get?

Which do you prefer?

Feel free to post pictures of the different configurations if you have any!

Finished an Oasis cruise and I deeply recommend to stay away from the bed near the closet. It makes the room smaller than it is, plus it becomes a struggle to get any clothing from the lower shelves. I wish they would have retained the Voyager/Vision class configuration even though I would get hit with the bathroom door on occasion.

Also, take a gander at where the electrical outlets are placed.

Finished an Oasis cruise and I deeply recommend to stay away from the bed near the closet. It makes the room smaller than it is, plus it becomes a struggle to get any clothing from the lower shelves. I wish they would have retained the Voyager/Vision class configuration even though I would get hit with the bathroom door on occasion.

This is what I have heard too. We have too cabins booked next to each other. Hubby and I are taking the one with bed by Balcony and giving the kids the one by the closet. ;)

This is what I have heard too. We have too cabins booked next to each other. Hubby and I are taking the one with bed by Balcony and giving the kids the one by the closet. ;)

My aunt's don't know that there is a difference so I put myself in the cabin with the bed by the balcony and put them with the bed by the closet! :p

is there a way to tell which configuration you have?

If the room will hold 3 or 4 (based on the map key) they bed will be by the closet for fire code (being able to get out via balcony). Every other room will alternate bed by closet/bed by balcony. So if you study the maps you can tell which will be where. You just need to find a room that has 3 or 4 and count over to your room.

And I think this is only on Oasis/Allure (but that's all I've been checking on so that could be different?).

We have too cabins booked next to each other. Hubby and I are taking the one with bed by Balcony and giving the kids the one by the closet. ;)

That's exactly what we did. The bed by the balcony is much better and the kids didn't care.

Looks like I'm alone on this but I actually preferred the bed by the closet. Sure it made using the closet harder and their is no arguing that point but I think the experience was better even with that issue. Having the sitting area by the balcony seemed to make them feel connected more and as a result their was a lot more casual strolling out on the balcony. With the bed by the balcony it seems like the sitting area and balcony are disconnected and as a result the balcony would often not be used as much. It also become more difficult to be sitting inside and look out the door with the bed in between.

The other reason I preferred having the bed by the closet that probably isn't relevant to the majority of the people on here is that I sailed with three in a cabin. My parent's would always go to bed after the evening show while I would stay out until about 2am and then come back and go on the balcony with my laptop and camera to look at my pictures/videos. I would then go to bed and wake up first (thanks to the sun shining in) in the morning to go watch us pull into the islands. Having my bed by the balcony allowed me to move around better without disturbing them when I would go to bed last and wake first.

I use this link: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU

I look for the cabin that is closest to the one I am trying to find the information for, and count from there.

What a great website! Thanks for posting!!!

It looks like our ocean balcony cabin has the bed by the balcony, and the Central Park cabin we booked for the kids has the bed by the bathroom, so we got lucky!!!

If the room will hold 3 or 4 (based on the map key) they bed will be by the closet for fire code (being able to get out via balcony). Every other room will alternate bed by closet/bed by balcony. So if you study the maps you can tell which will be where. You just need to find a room that has 3 or 4 and count over to your room.

And I think this is only on Oasis/Allure (but that's all I've been checking on so that could be different?).

Though what you are saying would make sense, if it is based on fire code then how would one account for ocean view and interior cabins that only have one means of egress? It might be better to set them up opposite of the balcony cabins so as not to be blocking the door to the passageway.

I prefer the bed (beds together) by the closet, and the "sitting area" by the balcony. The closet is inconvenient, no matter how the room is configured...definitely a bad design. But, while utilizing the sitting area/couch, I prefer to be close to the balcony/outdoors instead of further inside the room! Plus, this configuration makes it easier to enter/exit the balcony area.

• 1 month later...

Agree, bed by the balcony is better, they did fix the electical outlets on the Allure, there are some on the vanity

Archived