Which do you prefer for dessert

hlb76

pick your favorite  

334 members have voted

1. 1. pick your favorite

• Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
    • Bitter and Blanc
    • Other--- please share
    • Who has room for dessert after dinner?

The best dessert by far is the Banana Cream Pie on the Dream. Usually the pie is o.k., but this was unbelievable. One of the best I have ever had. Unfortunately, I have only been able to get it on the Dream. Denny

I think I had the same pie on the Inspiration about a month ago. I am not usually a dessert person especially on the Lido buffet, however that day I thought the pie didn't look too bad. WOW, I told my mom that was the best pie I've ever had. I only saw it out one day though, I kept looking believe me.

Sorry, everyone, but the Warm Fig, Date, and Cinnamon Cake wins hands down! I love it so much that I will order three every night, eat one and take the others to our cabin. Can you guess what I have for breakfast?!?! With milk, of course.

I am one who does not like the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake at all. I dislike it so much that I would forgo dessert if that was the only choice

Mmm, Fig Cake...Only 40 more days...

I'm not a lover of rich desserts so it was no big surprise that I really did not care for the Bitter and Blanc, Grand Marnier Souffle nor the mile-high cheese cake in the Golden Fleece. I did however enjoy the WCMC minus the ice-cream but this is most likely attributed to the fact that I love chololate. I also tried the Apple pie one evening and it was just ok. I have heard high praises for the Creme Burlee but it was not served on our cruise as the dessert menu that night was replaced with special Halloween cakes.

To my surprise, the desserts that I enjoyed the most were the sugar free options. We became engaged on the cruise and the wait staff brought us a huge piece of the low sugar coconut cake. It was fabulous; nice and light with almost a whipped cream filling. They are all made with Splenda and you can't tell the difference. If you want a nice light dessert do try one of these cakes. I have heard that the cakes are also offered in lemon, orange and banana gateau. I can't wait the other flavors on our next cruise.

I've never had the WCMC, creme brulee, or bitter and blanc....can't do that much sugar, but the waiters have always been very accommodating with the sugar free choices. I do remember some sort of lemon tart thing that was really good. Usually, though, I prefer to drink my dessert from a Bud Lite bottle LOL

I was on the Liberty last month and I did try the Grand Marnier Souffle but I did prefer the WCMC. Can someone please describe what the Bitter & Blanc is?

B & B is like a dark chocolate marble bread pudding, but more cakey, served with a vanilla sauce and is absolutely delicious!

I hated the WCMC on our first cruise, way to sweet & cloying for me. Thanks to a tip from someone on here, I asked for it "well done" on our September cruise and loved it.

What is this cappucino pie mentioned? I don't recall seeing that but it sounds yummy.

My picks:

Bitter & Blanc tied with Creme Brulee

WCMC

Grand Marnier Soufle

i don't get the chocolate cake. it's like warm cake batter. i get sick thinking i used to lick my mothers batters with uncooked eggs in it.

I also think it tastes like batter. The 1st time I had it, I think it was in the oven for just a minute (it was still batter and no cake). Not my favorite dessert. I only order it when I also order the fruit plate (I dip the fruit into the batter. YUM)

Sorry, everyone, but the Warm Fig, Date, and Cinnamon Cake wins hands down!

I agree. I was hesitant to get it, but it was really good.

Other than plain ice creme or sherbet I have yet to find an enjoyable desert on Carnival.

When I get the sherbet, I like to get all 3 flavors. Make my own rainbow sherbet.

I like the Chocolate Intensity up at the buffet at dinner. It is White Chocolate mousse and Milk Chocolate mousse, chocolate shavings and a slice of strawberry.

B & B is like a dark chocolate marble bread pudding, but more cakey, served with a vanilla sauce and is absolutely delicious!

I hated the WCMC on our first cruise, way to sweet & cloying for me. Thanks to a tip from someone on here, I asked for it "well done" on our September cruise and loved it.

What is this cappucino pie mentioned? I don't recall seeing that but it sounds yummy.

My picks:

Bitter & Blanc tied with Creme Brulee

WCMC

Grand Marnier Soufle

The Cappucino pie is awesome!

Grand Marnier souffle beats them all, IMHO. A VERY close second is bitter and blanc. WCMC is way to rich for me. I like it, but am not a big chocolatey kind of gal. The creme brulee is awesome but I don't recall it being served too often, either.

Archived