Is Jack Daniels available on board?

DH drinks Jack Daniels and pretty much only JD, except for an occasional beer or two or scotch. The lists I've seen do not have Jack Daniels on them. I did, however, see someone mention in a review that they were drinking JD at such n such bar on board. Anyone really know for sure? It would make his cruise much more pleasant if he can drink his drink of choice!!! :D We will be on Explorer if it makes any difference.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Happy Sailing, Everyone!

Not wanting to sound flipant, but JD would be considered a bar staple ... a common enough bourbon whiskey, readily available on most ships. You won't have an issue finding it on your RCL cruise.

I enjoy JD on ice, but if I were in the mood to splurge, I'd be willling to pay more for a single malt Scot whiskey ... Lagavulen, Talisker, etc., and am not sure if RCL carries those brands. Ah well ...

Michael

Thank you for all responses.....I'm much obliged! :)

Not wanting to sound flipant, but JD would be considered a bar staple ... a common enough bourbon whiskey, readily available on most ships. You won't have an issue finding it on your RCL cruise.

I enjoy JD on ice, but if I were in the mood to splurge, I'd be willling to pay more for a single malt Scot whiskey ... Lagavulen, Talisker, etc., and am not sure if RCL carries those brands. Ah well ...

Michael

I realize it is a bar staple. I met DH when I was the Bar Manager at a high end B & B with over 100 kinds of scotch. I was concerned because in all the postings of seen of "Bar Menus" it did not appear under Bourbon on any of them. I realize they may not have all their offerings on the menu, but thought it was a staple and would be listed, if available. I love a good Lagavulin myself!!!

So glad to have good news for DH when he gets home from work tonight. He also drinks it only on the rocks. Light on the rocks, at that! He's a huge fan. We have been to Lynchburg twice and have a "party" hot tub building with a JD barrel bar, table, chairs, etc. Cheers all!

DH drinks Jack Daniels and pretty much only JD, except for an occasional beer or two or scotch. The lists I've seen do not have Jack Daniels on them. I did, however, see someone mention in a review that they were drinking JD at such n such bar on board. Anyone really know for sure? It would make his cruise much more pleasant if he can drink his drink of choice!!! :D We will be on Explorer if it makes any difference.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Happy Sailing, Everyone!

Not all the bars are stocked with it but Jack is available on board. My wife drinks nothing but Lynchburg Lemonade and they make it for her all the time.

Jack & cokes are usually like $6.95 (for a regular drink, and I think it was like 8.95 for a double, so I would guess shots would be about the same). That's all my DH drinks in the evening with his dinner. During the day, it's beer and he drinks the Jack straight.

Not all the bars are stocked with it but Jack is available on board. My wife drinks nothing but Lynchburg Lemonade and they make it for her all the time.

Your wife has great taste! We LOVE Lynchburg Lemonade, especially in the summer! (Or on a cruise!) Mmmmm.............

Not to sound too whiskey snobby, but JD is Tennessee whiskey. Bourbon can only come from Kentucky and is not filtered through charcoal. ;)

Jack & cokes are usually like $6.95 (for a regular drink, and I think it was like 8.95 for a double, so I would guess shots would be about the same). That's all my DH drinks in the evening with his dinner. During the day, it's beer and he drinks the Jack straight.

$5.50 for me, but maybe the bartenders like me better. ;) :)

Not to sound too whiskey snobby, but JD is Tennessee whiskey. Bourbon can only come from Kentucky and is not filtered through charcoal. ;)

Yeah, yeah.....true enough! Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey! Ahem.....LOL If you're ever near Lynchburg, TN go to the distillery....it is a interesting and fabulous free tour and the grounds are quite lovely. Well worth a detour if near the area.

More fun Jack stuff: DH won a local "Loaf Off" Meatloaf Contest 3 years in a row with a Jack infused loaf and very tasty Jack glaze. Yummy!

Better yet: There is a recipe out there from Jimmy Bedford, a past Master Distiller, who died shortly after retiring, for Ham. It is out of this world! Uses a fresh ham, boiled with Jack and spices and then baked with a Jack glaze......woo hoo ...... big time!!! If any of you are fans look it up....probably on Jack's website, too. Soooo tasty :D

Happy Cruising (with Jack) Everybody!!!

Yeah, yeah.....true enough! Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey! Ahem.....LOL If you're ever near Lynchburg, TN go to the distillery....it is a interesting and fabulous free tour and the grounds are quite lovely. Well worth a detour if near the area.

More fun Jack stuff: DH won a local "Loaf Off" Meatloaf Contest 3 years in a row with a Jack infused loaf and very tasty Jack glaze. Yummy!

Better yet: There is a recipe out there from Jimmy Bedford, a past Master Distiller, who died shortly after retiring, for Ham. It is out of this world! Uses a fresh ham, boiled with Jack and spices and then baked with a Jack glaze......woo hoo ...... big time!!! If any of you are fans look it up....probably on Jack's website, too. Soooo tasty :D

Happy Cruising (with Jack) Everybody!!!

Ok, you may be the person to ask this:

I once sampled one of the "upscale" JD whiskeys. I don't know if it was Gentleman Jack or single barrel. Which one is REALLY smooth and REALLY REALLY smooth and VERY EXTRAORDINARILY smooth. I know that it was one or the other, because I haven't tried both. I just DON'T REMEMBER what I had!

It's too expensive to experiment with buying two bottles just to find out which one I REALLY liked.

Archived