LADIES: How many pairs of shoes are you taking on your cruise?

I've never cruised before, but here is what I am taking on our upcoming Alaska cruise.

1 pair sneakers

1 pair flip flops

black ballet shoes

silver pumps

snow boots (still thinking about this one. It might be cold on deck at Hubbard Glacier, and I plan to spend the day outside on the deck.)

Oh boy! This thread is for me!

I usually take between 14-17 pairs of shoes!! LOL!! I wear every one of them' date=' too! A girl's got to have her shoes![/size']

Just discovered the fashion board and I am addicted already! I can totally relate to 14 (or more) pair of shoes on a 7 day cruise. And I too wear every one.

The good news is that I usually fly southwest or jetblue which have free baggage so packing space is never an issue.

OMG:eek:

How do you have room to pack all this.

My last holiday was a land tour and we were restricted to 1 large suitcase and back pack carry one.

I brought 3 pairs of shoes.

A pair of sandshoes

Birkenstocks as we were doing alot walking and i wanted to give my feet a breather

Cream Ballet flats for night time wear

I really could have done with a pair of heals for night time and some strappy sandal flats for casual walking around.

I will take workout tennies

1 pr fashion tennies

5 - 6 prs flip flops

2 - strappy sandals for formal nights

2 pr high heel sandals for other nights.

Sadly, my favorite pair of strappy sandals that I wore on our last cruise decided that they loved cruising soooo much that they stayed on the ship.:( I imagine them having a great time. :D I have been looking for over a year now, and I still can't find anything close to them. I miss them a lot.

Am currently packing for a 35 day cruise and am taking

1 pair dressy shoes for formal nights

1 pair of sandals for other nights

1 pair black leather casual flats

1 pair of excursion sandals

1 pair of jogging shoes

2 pairs of flip flops (or thongs as they care called in Oz!!) :)

1 pair reef shoes

Luckily I can get a taxi to and from the ship from my home!

Sadly, my favorite pair of strappy sandals that I wore on our last cruise decided that they loved cruising soooo much that they stayed on the ship.:( I imagine them having a great time. :D I have been looking for over a year now, and I still can't find anything close to them. I miss them a lot.

I feel your pain about losing your shoes.

Last cruise I brought

black skechers

black Mary Janes

Ecco sandals

Didn't wear the skechers.

Yikes! I just went on a shoe shopping spree!! I'll be bringing between 10 and 12 pairs.

So glad to read your post! I'm bringing exactly between 10 and 12 myself and thought I might be the only one. Since I haven't cruised in 10 years, I feel so out of practice. I need a "how to" refresher course!

I am officially out of control in the shoe department. In the last month, I've bought 10 pair, some for work, sandles for summer and a couple pair of dressy heels. I need to stay out of the stores for at least the next six months.:eek:

I used to pack many more shoes than I do now -- baggage fees for weight and extra bags have made me a much more economical packer! Now, I wear my sport sandals on the plane and pack a pair of casual slides for dinner, and if I'm on a cruise with formal nights a pair of dress sandals. But overall, I like to save my suitcase room for more clothes :)

Ohhh the never ending shoe dilemma!

The obvious are:

flip flops

sneakers/trainers

but then......there are all my heels, I really do love heels, they make me feel sexy and taller hahaha.

So which heels to take, I love them all for different reasons but luggage restricts and they take up so much room.

Will probably go with:

black, bejewelled pair of wedges

black peep toe platform pumps

red peep toe pumps

and maybe one pair of pewter strappy heels

I just caved into buying yet another pair of shoes. It is a sickness I tell ya:D I bought some really elegant black satin heels, pointy toe with beading. So gorgeous. Lets see, how many pairs?

Keens

black heels

jeweled kitten heels

and probably 3-4 pairs of flip flops.

But, I still have 9 months and the call for nw shoes may come again tee hee:D:D

Kris

I try to pack all clothes around one color. usually black, brown or white. Am travelling to the Med, black as my base color. Will take the following:

Black dress shoes

Black shoes for casual night

Sneakers

walking shoes (merrills)

flip flops

I will be taking the following shoes. I have decided against heels since my balance is not the best most of the time and on a ship I am not sure how I would be. So I think wearing the running shoes I will be able to pack in the others easily.

Flip flops

Running Shoes

Flats

Sandals

My DH n I just came back from our first cruise Apr 9th. I could have done with 4 instead of 6 pairs. Not to mention clothes, but that's another thread :)

1 sneakers

1 formal dress sandal

1 black casual sandal for pool (which I wore the majority of days)

1 strappy wedge sandal for dinners

Those would have been perfect. There's already a next time to be ready for. Happy Packing :)

I am packing light for this cruise, I'll only have a carry-on size suitcase + a backpack for the essential items I might need during the train/bus trip to get to port of Embarkation.

I didn't think I could do it for a Canada-New England cruise but I did! One thing I had to cut down was the shoes since they take up lots of space, here is what I bring:

- Light-weight walking shoes that will double up as gym shoes (don't worry, I'll clean them first if needed :)) - I'll wear those so I don't need to pack them

- Black flip flops in case I want to use the pool (not much of a pool person here)

- Casual and comfy black 2'' heel shoes for days on the ship and casual nights

- Black patent leather heels ( 4'' :eek:) for formal nights.

TOTAL : 4 pairs of shoes (only 3 to pack, including the flip-flops that don't take up much space.

I'm proud of myself :)

For some reason, I have never been the shoe type of gal. I hate shopping for shoes to be completely honest. I have wide feet and also sensitive so I am limited to certain types of shoes, which can be frustrating. I recently completed my shoe shopping for my upcoming cruise & this is what I got:

BCBG black wedge heels

BCBG leopard print black flip flops

GUESS black & grey flip flops

Lucky Brand black ballet flats

Oh boy! This thread is for me!

I usually take between 14-17 pairs of shoes!! LOL!! I wear every one of them' date=' too! A girl's got to have her shoes![/size']

i GOTTA meet ya..lol

I'll wear my sneakers on the ship...

Black crocs

Brown sandals, yes a heel

Black sandals, yes a heel

White sandals, yes, again a heel

black HIGH heels

Black clogs that i will wear with jeans....maybe my High Heeled leather boots???? LOL

i dunno..just don't tell my hubby...

OHHH and i forgot, my running shoes....LOL

If I take my sneakers, I'll take five. Otherwise,

-Crocs sandals for water wear

-leather Teva sandals

-purple heels (4"!) for both formal nights

-black sandals slides for other nights.

The heels match both formal night dresses.

Archived