Uniformed Security Officers Onboard

Stompy

Hey George, I just saw you video on "Most Daring" did you post it, or did someone else make some $'s off of your Flowriding skills w/o your permission?

do you know the episode title or the date it aired?

They were a wonderful asset to our Jewel TA, actually ran after the kids playing in the elevators. Then they chased 12 year olds out of the hot tubs and solarium. I was impressed. They were good to those they caught. Told them they had made some bad decisions and if the decisions didn't get better they would have to meet with the Captain & their parents. The kids shaped up. I heard the parents, later in the cruise, commenting on our good both sets of boys had been ;):D;)!

In addition to the Nepalese contingent, I've noticed a number of uniformed RC security from the Philippines. According to DH (who spent some time at Clark & Subic Bay, back in the old days) -- you don't want to mess with those guys, either! ;)

On a recent Carnival Cruise, I saw security like the picture above except with a white shirt and at night some of them wore, blue blazers with gray pants. They had a badge on there blazer. I'm sure they had many more dressed in civilian clothes.

Hi George. Maybe my wife can help you more when she returns later today with some details.

It was shown yesterday afternoon (Saturday 7/30/11) on channel 25 (here in Palm Beach County). I don't believe it was the video that your wife had taken of you, as it didn't seem as good or as clear. I think it may have been someone else filming on the cruise ship at the same time?

Kind of sucks, as your video, IMO, is the funniest video that I have EVER seen, as many would agree here on C/C (anyone that Flowrides often has had this happen to them, just not as much and for a long a time as yourself!:D)

But they weren't portraying it as that.:mad:

Hi George. Maybe my wife can help you more when she returns later today with some details.

It was shown yesterday afternoon (Saturday 7/30/11) on channel 25 (here in Palm Beach County). I don't believe it was the video that your wife had taken of you, as it didn't seem as good or as clear. I think it may have been someone else filming on the cruise ship at the same time?

Kind of sucks, as your video, IMO, is the funniest video that I have EVER seen, as many would agree here on C/C (anyone that Flowrides often has had this happen to them, just not as much and for a long a time as yourself!:D)

But they weren't portraying it as that.:mad:

Well you were right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT7nsT_6VuA

It is in the episode "Biggest Losers" - it is the actual video my wife shot and they used it without my permission.

These two don't look all that tough or intimidating to me tho !!

Looks can be deceiving and intimidating looking or not, they should be treated with respect for the job that they are tasked with.

Looks can be deceiving and intimidating looking or not, they should be treated with respect for the job that they are tasked with.

Don't worry, negc ... I am always VERY respectful .. I love a man in uniform .. wink! :D

Do we need to start a discussion to see if we should be tipping them?

Actually if I find out that they earn more than I do an hour, I would jump at the chance to work on a RCI cruise ship.

I have had no response to e-mails sent so far.

George I don't know how you felt watching it, but I was upset.

Especially as to the category.

Can you take any action against them?

Actually if I find out that they earn more than I do an hour, I would jump at the chance to work on a RCI cruise ship.

I have had no response to e-mails sent so far.

Since you are in South FL, why not just go to the HR Department in Miami?

George I don't know how you felt watching it, but I was upset.

Especially as to the category.

Can you take any action against them?

I emailed them-we'll see... Apparently this show first aired in 2010 and has been repeated many times

Archived