Who else is tired of waiting for Carnival...

Mercury

...to release the Europe 2012 itineraries?

I wonder why they take so long in comparison to other cruise lines? I need this info urgently - I have my eye on a Celebrity Silhouette sailing but I would like to see what Carnival has on offer before I decide.

Waiting for Carnival is proving tough though as I have probably lost out on getting a Cat FV on Celebrity (there are only 4 available).

Why is Carnival so slow :confused: :(

Place your deposit on Celebrity. They are fully refundable. Then, when Carnival posts their schedules, you can cancel Celebrity. Personally, I'd take the Silhouette any day for an European cruise.

Carnival does not always do European itineraries, and I strongly suspect they are waiting as long as possible for deciding whether to put their new ship in the Med for a summer. Perhaps Carnival Breeze will be coming straight to the US without doing any European sailings.

Carnival only sails Europe sporadically so it's a bit more difficult for them to contract with tour operators and secure berths at various ports of call.

It's not as simple as calling the folks in Mallorca and saying, hey, I'll be there Tuesday. On occasions it can take 18 months to get an itinerary set.

Give 'em some more time. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the outcome...

:)

Carnival only sails Europe sporadically so it's a bit more difficult for them to contract with tour operators and secure berths at various ports of call.

It's not as simple as calling the folks in Mallorca and saying, hey, I'll be there Tuesday. On occasions it can take 18 months to get an itinerary set.

Give 'em some more time. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the outcome...

Hi Mach,

Do you know something about the Carnival Breeze's European itineraries?

Hi Mach,

Do you know something about the Carnival Breeze's European itineraries?

No, I don't but Carnival has favorite European ports. Looking at where the Magic is going should provide some pretty good clues about where the Breeze will visit...

No, I don't but Carnival has favorite European ports. Looking at where the Magic is going should provide some pretty good clues about where the Breeze will visit...

I was so hoping you were going to yes, that they were going to expand to Eastern Med and Northern Europe:(

Civil unrest in areas nearby would be my bet as to why Carnival is taking their time.

Just take a look at Countries that France (of all countries :rolleyes: ) has used military force against recently and draw a line from France to those countries; you'll discover that the area the ships sail is criss crossed with lines. :o Most folks opt to cruise Europe and the Med to see where history was made, not be there to witness it. ;)

Does anyone else think that the Magic's Europe sales seem to be lacking? They've extended that Europe sale over and over...

Perhaps they are considering a shorter time in Europe next year.

We'll only know when they release the schedules and then again that can change! LOL!

Host Mach - lets put this another way... Would your information indicate that the Breeze will be in Europe next summer? And if so, would the itinerary be the same as Magic or would there be some interesting additions.

I really don't have a solid clue about where the Breeze may sail but given what seems to be somewhat lacklust sales for the Magic I'd guess you'll see some changes in the European ports...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carnival forego Europe sailings altogether next year, maybe with the exception of a transatlantic cruise to bring her home. Airfare will almost certainly be even higher than it is this year, and airfare is likely what's killing their bookings this year.

That would be my guess too, as the Magic is pretty much following the itin of the Dream.

I am disappointed that we are embarking from Barcelona, however, as I loved spending 3 days in Rome prior to Dream. Oh well. Maybe Breeze will depart from there or Florence--another of my favorites.

That would be my guess too, as the Magic is pretty much following the itin of the Dream.

I am disappointed that we are embarking from Barcelona, however, as I loved spending 3 days in Rome prior to Dream. Oh well. Maybe Breeze will depart from there or Florence--another of my favorites.

Does anyone else think that the Magic's Europe sales seem to be lacking? They've extended that Europe sale over and over...

I think Carnival's prices started out high and are coming down to where they should be. My first Magic cruise has been sold out for sometime and the second one appears to be getting there, as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carnival forego Europe sailings altogether next year, maybe with the exception of a transatlantic cruise to bring her home. Airfare will almost certainly be even higher than it is this year, and airfare is likely what's killing their bookings this year.

I would be shocked if they did that. It should soon be known what they are going to do. Both NCL and RCCL are adding more ships to Europe. That should tell you something.

I would be shocked if they did that. It should soon be known what they are going to do. Both NCL and RCCL are adding more ships to Europe. That should tell you something.

FWIW, Carnival has always been better about making money than RCCL and NCL have been.

I think Carnival's prices started out high and are coming down to where they should be. My first Magic cruise has been sold out for sometime and the second one appears to be getting there, as well.

True enough, RCCL will have 12 ships in Europe for the summer of 2012. But (and this is a big but) I think Carnival's soft European sales are really due less than desirable ports of call. Moving to a homeport of Barcelona and the restrictions that brongs along with not having contracts in those other more desirable (my take) ports of calls along with the bigger saturation you describe adds to their woes, not eliminating them. There is no comparison betwen Barcelona and Rome.....

the bookings are lacking on the Magic IMO because of the cost of Airfare more so than anything. It's outrageous. I looked recently and it was $1400 rd trip from LAX to Barcelona.:eek: For one!!

I wanted to do the Breeze next year sa I have two kids graduating one from college the other HS, but I think the airfare will make it cost prohibitive..:(

...to release the Europe 2012 itineraries?

I wonder why they take so long in comparison to other cruise lines? I need this info urgently - I have my eye on a Celebrity Silhouette sailing but I would like to see what Carnival has on offer before I decide.

Waiting for Carnival is proving tough though as I have probably lost out on getting a Cat FV on Celebrity (there are only 4 available).

I plan to sail Europe next summer on or off Carnival...at this point I am getting a bit tired of waiting and wanted to give CCL a fair shot. I am going to start looking and placing a deposit on another line and if the Breeze does do Europe sailings and the itinerary is good, Ill switch.

I think planning over a year out will make this easier on $$!

True, I'd pick Barcelona every time given the choice.

Well you are the first person I have heard mention it. Not to say that Barcelona does not have its up side...gypsies tramps and theives (just kidding):), but considering most Eurpoean crusiers will do this one time the upside of ROme seems to way outway the upside of Barcelona (sans less flying time) IMHO.

Barcelona was my least favorite port of our 12 day Med cruise...but to each their own.;)

Archived