Sliding Sky Dome???

Has anyone ever seen Carnival use their sliding Sky Dome? If so when do they us it and how did effect the pool area? Did they only use it for rain or did they also use it during cooler weather?

I have seen it open and close on several ships. Seen it used for both rain and cold (Spirit in Alaska). Kind of cool to watch.

Like Jimbo said, the only time we have seen a Spirit-class ship with the Sky Dome closed is when we were in Alaska last year on Spirit.

We have seen the dome closed on Freedom and Glory a couple of times when we were going through a passing rain shower. It took a little bit of time for the Captain to have the engineers re-open, but once they did it was awesome to see that happen!

I've seen it closed on both the Conquest and the Splendor. I love the sliding roof on the Splendor... it's over the midships pool and covers a far greater area than on the Conquest class...

:)

When the Splendor went to Canada during the swine flu, the dome was never opened. The best show I saw on the Splendor was when the maintenance guys were cleaning the glass of the dome.:D

On Victory, it creaks and groans a bit -not a smooth silent slider.

And it takes awhile to travel the whole distance.

We were in the Caribbean the one time I saw it deployed, and kinda wondered Why? :confused:

since it was exactly chucking down with a tropical downpour or nuthin...

When the Splendor went to Canada during the swine flu, the dome was never opened. The best show I saw on the Splendor was when the maintenance guys were cleaning the glass of the dome.:D

I did B2B on Splendor to Canada, May 17-31, 2009 and they opened the roof in Vancouver. EM

• 11 months later...

It was closed one night on one of our cruises. I don't remember which one though. We were in the hot tub and it was like being in a hot tub and sauna at the same time. Got out of the hot tub and didn't feel any difference in the temperature. It was hot and muggy.

I should ask: what other ammenities, besides the sliding sky dome, does the Magic not have, that the Conquest ships do have? I know the Magic has only 2 pools instead of 3, and does not have the sliding sky dome, and does not have fish and chips. What else does it not have?

I should ask: what other ammenities, besides the sliding sky dome, does the Magic not have, that the Conquest ships do have? I know the Magic has only 2 pools instead of 3, and does not have the sliding sky dome, and does not have fish and chips. What else does it not have?
I would hardly classify the dome as an amenity. :rolleyes:

Conquest doesn't have the Ropes course, or Serenity, or the expanded Waterworks, or Cucina del Capitano, or a Promenade Deck that goes around the ship, or a Lower Promenade that you can walk the length of the ship on or an Oceanside Barbecue, or Ocean Plaza or Cherry on Top, or...

Conquest doesn't have the Ropes course, or Serenity, or the expanded Waterworks, or Cucina del Capitano, or a Promenade Deck that goes around the ship, or a Lower Promenade that you can walk the length of the ship on or an Oceanside Barbecue, or Ocean Plaza or Cherry on Top, or...

My question was: what ammenities does the Magic lack? I've already been on the Liberty (Conquest class).

Archived