HMC + Cabana + Rain = Refund?

pyroguy

Hi - I'm considering getting a cabana at HMC on our trip on the Liberty in November.

If we go ahead and reserve but it's a rainy day, is there some kind of refund option? I would hate to spend the money, then if it's stormy and nasty all day have wasted the money on it for nothing.

Thanks.

Hi - I'm considering getting a cabana at HMC on our trip on the Liberty in November.

If we go ahead and reserve but it's a rainy day, is there some kind of refund option? I would hate to spend the money, then if it's stormy and nasty all day have wasted the money on it for nothing.

Thanks.

It is not nothing.. you will enjoy the day the rain usually doesn't last that long.. and the only way you will get a refund is if you cancel.. or can't make it to tender..

It started POURING shortly after we arrived on HMC last year...pretty much rained all day (it was the first day of rain they had in 3 weeks:rolleyes:). I was very happy we had the cabana because we were able to keep us (and all of our stuff) dry and still enjoy hanging out there. If you were to cancel and get a refund, I'm sure it would have to be at least a day in advance...they don't give refunds for rain (unless the tenders can't run)...

The comedians one night, after spending the day at the private beach, joked about people coming out of the ocean because it was raining .... they were like duh!!! they are swimming, so how can they get wetter?

I figure, if it rains, that counts as my shower for the day :)

We had a great morning last October and than about noon a good sized storm came up and pretty much everyone was back on the ship about 2 and the ship left early.

It is rare that it happens apparently more common is ship will not be able to tender so day becomes a sea day.

Beautiful island though.

The comedians one night, after spending the day at the private beach, joked about people coming out of the ocean because it was raining .... they were like duh!!! they are swimming, so how can they get wetter?

Years ago (more years than I care to number, but I was still in the Army) I was a scuba diver. More than once, several buddies and I would have a dive planned, and we'd wake up to rain. One of them would always complain that we couldn't go because of the rain... and yes, he was serious! :eek:

We had a great morning last October and than about noon a good sized storm came up and pretty much everyone was back on the ship about 2 and the ship left early.

quote]

The ship left early? That is a scary thought. Rain doesn't bother me, so I would not neccesarily be back on board early because of it.

Thanks.

You will only get a refund if the ship misses the stop. If the ship stops you will pay regardless of the weather.

I have been to HMC three times and twice I have had Cabana #8. I loved it and if it did rain, well, you go under the covered area and eat/drink until it passes. The longest it rained in the times I have been there is around five minutes, and I was in the water when it was raining....

The cabanas are fabulous and would gladly pay for another cabana again when I go there, whenever that will be.

It is rare that it happens apparently more common is ship will not be able to tender so day becomes a sea day.

Beautiful island though.

I was on the ship with you and remember it differently - we were enjoying our cabana until close to 3:30pm - we actually took the last tender off the island - it was a fantastic day and we were very glad we had the cabana as that storm was quite something, but our cameras, books, towels, etc. all stayed dry. Also, when you have a cabana, you don't have to take the towels off the ship ... they'll provide them to you in the cabana. It's nice because you don't have to worry about losing them, hauling them back and forth, etc.

You will have a great time. The cabanas are wonderful for eating, drinking and snuggling. All fun activities when raining. We had one and it only rained about 15 min about mid morning. The rest of the day was bright and sunny.

Archived