Share a bargain/deal

That cruise looks fabulous and the boat does too... The price is great.. Shame about the cost of the airfares!

I got my spreadsheet out and tried to tally up the price, even if I live on two minute noodles and fresh air till November next year, it's the air-fares that that are stopping me getting on that boat.

Yes, the one way airfares are the killer, as they won't let you buy an atw ticket (with the cruise gap in the middle).

If you can find a way to buy a return ticket, it can work. We did this for our two TAs.

I thought I had found a good deal on radiance of the seas for an April Queensland cruise through an online agency.

I got a reply this morning and it appears the price 'pushed through incorrectly' (thier words)from Royal Carribbean and the price went up $900 dollars. I just hope they don't use my email address/details to spam me now.

Anyway, I'm on the lookout for a cruise for one adult/one child that is not going overseas. In march or April is around 5 days up to 10 days and is around $90 per person per day (tight-arse cruising). I don't want a p & o cruise and have done the carnival spirit, although, for the right price, i'll do her again. Interior rooms are fine (I doubt I'll get anything else for my budget). I guess I'll keep checking daily ... I'm sure I'll find one.

Celebrity Solstice some good package deals, December - March: Sydney - Auckland or vice versa. Balcony cabins, Concierge Class, 12 nights plus 2 nights in Auckland at 4 star apartment hotel, the Quadrant or similar, plus flight back to Sydney on Emirates. $1999. pptws.

We got the above through an on line agent. But you can book cruise only directly with Celebrity $1600 to $2000 pptws, depending on cabin grade/type, cruise only. You need to go to the on line agents to get the cruise/stay/fly packages.

Edited by NSWP

I got a bargain..... Voyager of the seas dep Sydney 8th December 2012 , 14 nights , twin inside for 1915.00... That's $957.50 pp 68.39 pp per day ... BARGAIN :)

Wow, that IS a bargain, I'll have to look into that one. Thanks.

I got a bargain..... Voyager of the seas dep Sydney 8th December 2012 , 14 nights , twin inside for 1915.00... That's $957.50 pp

68.39 pp per day ... BARGAIN :)

Wow that is a bargain.

I think there will be more bargains coming up with all the ships here. We are doing Voyager in Jan & paid $82 a day & that wasnt booking last minute, as we booked in July. :D Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by joejoe 59

Wow that is a bargain.

I think there will be more bargains coming up with all the ships here. We are doing Voyager in Jan & paid $82 a day & that wasnt booking last minute, as we booked in July. :D Enjoy your cruise.

What sailing is that? I want to do the jan 5th Tasmania trip but it's $1412 per person (inside) for 8 nights or $176.50 per night per person.. That's about $86 more per night then what I will pay. I'm going to watch closely though. I'm on Xmas close down then and can get organized to go quickly if the price is right.

Another one I'm looking at is the april 9th Queensland sailing on the radiance of the seas... This one is $976 per person, Or $97 per person per day... But I'm waiting to see if it drops in price as well...

I recently went on the spirit and paid $86 per person per day ( when you take into account the refundable on board credit given), so my tight arse ways now only want to pay around that price to cruise.

Anyone here use a USA based agent to book on Royal Caribbean?

Thanks

I want to do the jan 5th Tasmania trip but it's $1412 per person (inside) for 8 nights or $176.50 per night per person.. Thanks

Peak holiday time...Prices may not move much for that date.

We have found the best deals each year are usually pre Christmas, late November early Dec.

We have found the best deals each year are usually pre Christmas, late November early Dec.

Oh damn, I really want to step on a ship these holidays!!! Looks like the April cruise is a more likely option.. Even It the price doesn't move, I'm almost happy to pay it.

What sailing is that? I want to do the jan 5th Tasmania trip but it's $1412 per person (inside) for 8 nights or $176.50 per night per person.. That's about $86 more per night then what I will pay. I'm going to watch closely though. I'm on Xmas close down then and can get organized to go quickly if the price is right.

Another one I'm looking at is the april 9th Queensland sailing on the radiance of the seas... This one is $976 per person, Or $97 per person per day... But I'm waiting to see if it drops in price as well...

I recently went on the spirit and paid $86 per person per day ( when you take into account the refundable on board credit given), so my tight arse ways now only want to pay around that price to cruise.

Anyone here use a USA based agent to book on Royal Caribbean?

Thanks

We cruise on the 27th Jan to NZ, booked with on line Aussie agent in July i think.

Agreed, wouldn't expect the price of that one to fall much, in fact it's risen lately.

I've already booked it, higher than I'd like to pay, but you either pay or don't go.

Edited by The_Big_M

Celebrity Solstice some good package deals, December - March: Sydney - Auckland or vice versa. Balcony cabins, Concierge Class, 12 nights plus 2 nights in Auckland at 4 star apartment hotel, the Quadrant or similar, plus flight back to Sydney on Emirates. $1999. pptws.

We got the above through an on line agent. But you can book cruise only directly with Celebrity $1600 to $2000 pptws, depending on cabin grade/type, cruise only. You need to go to the on line agents to get the cruise/stay/fly packages.

I agree Les... some good deals on Solstice are about.

Shirley pointed one out to me that was the cruise before yours...Perth to Sydney via Bali. Cheaper than equivalent on Sun/Dawn Princess and on a much newer more "exotic" ship.

We booked this, which is a 17 nighter in Concierge Class 2 ( on the hump with a rather large balcony/veranda) ...cost Au$2800 each which includes airfares from and to Brisbane + $250 OBC. This cruise includes two full days in Bali which is a bonus.

cheers

Saturday's travel section in one of the newspapers has some deals on HAL:

14 day NZ roundtrip from Sydney - Verandah from $1999, Oceanview $1399 and Interior $1299. Dates are 19 Dec, 12 Jan

I have never sailed HAL (although I will be cruising with them in 2 weeks to Singapore) as they have tended to be much more expensive in a balcony cabin than other lines but lately some of the prices have been great. In the same paper Princess are advertising a 13 night NZ trip at $2979 in a balcony :eek:

HAL also have a 10-11 day S Pacific cruise on 26 Jan from $999 for interior and $1499 in a balcony.

There are a couple of other cruises also at good prices for HAL but they are in Asia.

These prices seem to be particularly good seeing as HAL is reportedly a reasonably upmarket line.

• 2 weeks later...

Great chance for Kiwis for a Classic Cruise on a Classic ship.

P&O's Aurora, San Fransico to Auckland. Fly /Stay /cruise deals via Air NZ. are coming out ...90 days from sailing.

18 nights via Honolulu and Tahiti.:)

They are probably doing them for Aussies to Sydney as well.:D

HURRY! THESE WON'T LAST LONG!

Just released, look at these amazing local Crystal Cruise deals.

2013 SHORT CRUISE GETAWAYS IN NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA AND ASIA WITH CRYSTAL CRUISES

Crystal Cruises have released a fabulous selection of short cruise getaways in early 2013 aboard the Crystal Symphonyas she heads down south, with sensational fares, valid for bookings made by 28 December 2012 – unless sold out prior!

Choose from one of these exciting itineraries, and experience the all-inclusive luxury that Crystal Cruises are renowned for, with complimentary fine wines, premium spirits and champagne served throughout the ship:

5 January 2013 – Melbourne to Hobart – 6 days from US$1,515pp

11 January 2013 – Hobart to Brisbane – 6 days from US$1,515pp

29 January 2013 – Auckland to Wellington – 5 days from US$1,850pp

3 February 2013 – Wellington to Sydney – 8 days from US$2,945pp

7 March 2013 – Singapore to Bangkok – 5 days from US$2,495pp

12 March 2013 – Bangkok to Hong Kong – 11 days from US$5,475pp

23 March 2013 – Hong Kong to Shanghai – 7 days from US$3,420pp

5 April 2013 – Shanghai to Kobe – 7 days from US$3,265pp

*Above rates are based on cat E cabins and are valid for new bookings only made prior to 28 December 2012. Guests must embark and disembark in the specified port on the date specified in the itinerary. Fare conditions apply and offer may be withdrawn at any time.

HURRY! THESE WON'T LAST LONG!

Just released, look at these amazing local Crystal Cruise deals.

2013 SHORT CRUISE GETAWAYS IN NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA AND ASIA WITH CRYSTAL CRUISES

Crystal Cruises have released a fabulous selection of short cruise getaways in early 2013 aboard the Crystal Symphony As she heads down south, with sensational fares, valid for bookings made by 28 December 2012 – unless sold out prior!

Bookings must be well down on this Round the Pacific Cruise. I have never known Crystal to offer such segments to the wider "mass" cruise market before. For Crystal , the prices are amazing.

I checked out the 5 day Auckland to Wellington sector but then discovered it included 2 overnights, Auckland and Tauranga......great for overseas guests to have a good look around .

Holland America Oosterdam January 2013, 11 nights to South Pacific. $900 p/p for an inside cabin based on twin share. $1299 p/p for an outside cabin or obstructed balcony cabin p/p based on twin share.

Obstructed balcony cabin has great views except that instead of having glass panels on the balcony railing, it's a sheet of steel. Has no affect on view when your standing at balcony.

Edited by LuckiePuris

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of super duper specials for January cruises on the Pacific Dawn ...both 19th and 26th sailings have Outside cabins from $599 .....yep thats right OUTSIDE cabins from $599....we couldn't help ourselves :p......booked the 26th sailing........ yay............:D:D:D.

A couple of super duper specials for January cruises on the Pacific Dawn ...both 19th and 26th sailings have Outside cabins from $599 .....yep thats right OUTSIDE cabins from $599....we couldn't help ourselves :p......booked the 26th sailing........ yay............:D:D:D.

That is a good deal for an outside cabin, Shiona. As you can't help yourself, and your list of future cruises is growing, you'll have to stop looking for awhile! :)

I noticed on one of those cruises, the 4 berth price was more expensive than the 2 berth price. The old supply and demand!

That is a good deal for an outside cabin, Shiona. As you can't help yourself, and your list of future cruises is growing, you'll have to stop looking for awhile!

I noticed on one of those cruises, the 4 berth price was more expensive than the 2 berth price. The old supply and demand!

I'm blaming Debsta she told me on FB about a cetain 2014 Princess cruise so I went there for a looky see, as you do, and some how ended up in P & O Australia booking this deal:o. Price was too good to refuse....and we need a weeks holiday after being on the Voyager of the Seas....:D:D

I have started planning our world cruise crawl for 2014 so I am on the prowl for bigger and better and of course CHEAP bargains.... so won't be stopping yet...:D

Love to hear how your Ocean Princess cruise went.... she is our all time favourite ship will be looking at some of her itineraries for 2014 too....

Wow what a great price, enjoy :D

• 1 month later...

Extract from a email received today:

As one of our loyal customers we wanted to give you the first opportunity to take advantage of an amazing last minute deal on the beautiful 'Celebrity Solstice'

We have just 4 cabins available for the unbeatable price of $2195pp for a 17 night cruise from Sydney to Honolulu visiting Vanuatu, Tahiti & Hawaii plus 1 night in Waikiki & airfare home! You save over $700pp and we'll even throw in a US$100 per cabin onboard credit.

Departs 8 April 2013

√ Luxury cruising on the 'Celebrity Solstice'

√ 17 night Sydney to Honolulu cruise

√ Onboard gratuities

√ 1 night post-cruise in Waikiki 4 Star hotel

√ One way flight from Honolulu to Sydney

√ Bonus $100 Onboard Credit!

Hurry, this is a strictly limited offer. Only 4 Inside Category 09 cabins are available.

Book Now!

Extract from a email received today:

As one of our loyal customers we wanted to give you the first opportunity to take advantage of an amazing last minute deal on the beautiful 'Celebrity Solstice'

We have just 4 cabins available for the unbeatable price of $2195pp for a 17 night cruise from Sydney to Honolulu visiting Vanuatu, Tahiti & Hawaii plus 1 night in Waikiki & airfare home! You save over $700pp and we'll even throw in a US$100 per cabin onboard credit.

Departs 8 April 2013

√ Luxury cruising on the 'Celebrity Solstice'

√ 17 night Sydney to Honolulu cruise

√ Onboard gratuities

√ 1 night post-cruise in Waikiki 4 Star hotel

√ One way flight from Honolulu to Sydney

√ Bonus $100 Onboard Credit!

Hurry, this is a strictly limited offer. Only 4 Inside Category 09 cabins are available.

Book Now!

WOW!!! What agent offers deals like this to Aussies?

Thanks

Raina