Share a bargain/deal

Royal Caribbean 11 Night Queensland Cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas

18th Nov 2012 - 29th Nov 2012

Interior Cabin (category Q) is $1928.80 for two people. That's about $88 pp pd.

If you add in prepaid gratuities it's $2190.40 which is still under $100 pp pd.

It's a shame that we only have 10 days annual leave left this year.:(

Same price for the same cruise sailing on 7th December 2012. These prices are from RCI's website.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Sun Princess dec 2nd 2012 out of Brisbane to NZ return sign in to Princess web site for a good deal.

Yes we got a great price on the Sea leaving Sydney on the 3rd Dec - Insides and balconies now sold out.:)

We just picked up an inside guarantee for 14 nights on the Voyager out of Sydney to NZ on 24 November. Price was only $1004pp through a TA, PLUS we receive $200 on board credit (and 50% reduced deposit).

$65 per day if you take the OBC into consideration.

The thing we love about RCI is the service is brilliant no matter what you pay.

We did this cruise last year and paid $850 pp. It was a great trip. 10 days annual leave will get you there as the 11 day cruise obviously includes weekends. How are you off for sickies?? :)

We just picked up an inside guarantee for 14 nights on the Voyager out of Sydney to NZ on 24 November. Price was only $1004pp through a TA, PLUS we receive $200 on board credit (and 50% reduced deposit).

$65 per day if you take the OBC into consideration.

The thing we love about RCI is the service is brilliant no matter what you pay.

We were already booked on this cruise (booked quite a while ago) we have an inside cabin, our daughter wanted to also come but was having to travel solo which was just too cost prohibitive, but this week she managed to pick up a single outside cabin all be it on deck 2 for $1480 + $200 OBC, an amazing deal! have definetly learnt not to book to early in future. Robin:)

We were already booked on this cruise (booked quite a while ago) we have an inside cabin, our daughter wanted to also come but was having to travel solo which was just too cost prohibitive, but this week she managed to pick up a single outside cabin all be it on deck 2 for $1480 + $200 OBC, an amazing deal! have definetly learnt not to book to early in future. Robin:)

Hi Robin,

If you don't book early you have to be prepared to miss out I suppose. If there was a definite cruise I wanted to do I don't think I could wait until the last minute.

I read a post somewhere where the poster mentioned they purchased early at full price and complained when they saw the same cabins heavily discounted. I don't know if it's true but they said they ended up getting refunded the difference by their TA.

We keep an eye out for bargains and had no plans to do this cruise until we got the sale advice.

From what I read the bargains generally start 90 days out, then the last minute fares are offered to fill the boat.

Your daughter picked up a bargain. Usually single supplements are around 1.5 times the normal fare or higher. RCI is doing the outside cabins at about 1.1x for these cabins. The $200 OBC is the icing on the cake.

For this trip, the outside cabins are cheaper than the inside at the moment which indicates they aren't filling as quickly. My worry is that I will be upgraded from my inside guarantee to an outside if they don't fill them.

See you all on board!:)

Hi Robin,

If you don't book early you have to be prepared to miss out I suppose. If there was a definite cruise I wanted to do I don't think I could wait until the last minute.

I read a post somewhere where the poster mentioned they purchased early at full price and complained when they saw the same cabins heavily discounted. I don't know if it's true but they said they ended up getting refunded the difference by their TA.

We keep an eye out for bargains and had no plans to do this cruise until we got the sale advice.

From what I read the bargains generally start 90 days out, then the last minute fares are offered to fill the boat.

Your daughter picked up a bargain. Usually single supplements are around 1.5 times the normal fare or higher. RCI is doing the outside cabins at about 1.1x for these cabins. The $200 OBC is the icing on the cake.

For this trip, the outside cabins are cheaper than the inside at the moment which indicates they aren't filling as quickly. My worry is that I will be upgraded from my inside guarantee to an outside if they don't fill them.

We chose this cruise purley for the ship not the itinerary, as we have sailed to NZ 3 times before, so it did'nt really matter which cruise we chose as long as it was'nt during school holidays(Work commitments), we just thought it would be a popular ship as it is so different to what we are used to sailing out of Aust, maybe it has'nt been as popular as they anticipated, especially with the amount of ships sailing to NZ with far better itineraries. We were happy with our price when we booked, it was far cheaper than we had paid for our previous Princess cruises, so no drama's there. Any cruises that we do to NZ or the islands are purely done as a breakaway so apart from school hols we can go anytime, so I will just keep an eye on pricing and when I am happy with a price grab it. Definetley agree about booking something specific though, I would hate to miss out. I had been doing a lot of ringing around trying to get single fares for our daughter and they ranged from $2500- $2900 inside, so she had just about given up the idea of going when this deal came up, I am really happy for her, and the fact that she will be with us on this cruise.Checked our cruise personaliser and our set sail passes are ready to print, makes it seem closer somehow! Robin

If you can travel at short notice, Radiance of the Seas, 24 September 2012 from Honolulu to Sydney via Tahiti and NZ has balcony guarantees at $1222 pp twin share, $1132 ocean view guarantee, and inside guarantee at $1122.

Airfare might be a bit exxy but would still be an incredibly cheap 18 days!

• 1 month later...

MSC -

OUR POPULAR 48 HOUR IS COMING BACK STARTING 16 OCT 2012

7 NIGHT MED CRUISES FROM $354pp*

20 NIGHTS EX BUENOS AIRES STARTING FROM AU$749pp

Visits Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, France, UK, Germany

etc.

Some great fares available.

14 nights to New Zealand on Voyager of the Seas out of Sydney on 27th January 2013, only $2,390 for 2 people Inside Guarantee including gratuities.

That's just over $85/person/night

:D

I know thats what we paid as well, with grats. included, gotta love that. We choose our own cabin though, deck 9. We are on the same cruise as you. Cant wait, the ship is a destination in its self :D

I've just seen that Celebrity are having a sale: 8 to 20 October 2012

•Free Gratuities^ for 1st & 2nd passengers per stateroom (that's a savings of $94 to $428 per stateroom)

•Applicable to all stateroom grades

•Applicable to all Celebrity Caribbean cruises of 4 nights or longer departing between Dec 2012 & Apr 2013

•Bonus US$200 Onboard Credit~ when booking a Concierge Class or Aqua Class stateroom and Suites

Hi Robin,

You could get a Promenade cabin on Voyager that overlooks the Royal Promenade. I've not stayed in one but people we got to know when we were on Voyager had one and loved it. They have a bay window seat. :)

Jilly:)

You could get a Promenade cabin on Voyager that overlooks the Royal Promenade. I've not stayed in one but people we got to know when we were on Voyager had one and loved it. They have a bay window seat. :)

Jilly:)

Hi, we were assigned a Promenade Cabin on deck 6. These are currently going for $1700 with no OBC.

You have to get lucky sometimes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a great deal:

Diamond Princess, 18 nights, Bangkok to Sydney, departing 26th Nov 2012.

Cat BA Balcony $A 1509, Cat AE Minisuite $A 1674

Great value - BUT - only if your are NOT an Australian!

If you are, a BA costs you $A 2279, and an AE costs $2699.

The cheaper fares have appeared regularly on USA and European web-sites in recent weeks, the fares for Australians are from the Princess.com (Australian version) web-site.

Even allowing for an extra $150 to be added to the cheaper fares for taxes, we are having to pay 37% and 48% respectively more than our American and European fellow passengers.

Obviously Princess (and most of the other lines) feel we are idiots who they can rip off all the time.

And they still add 15% to our drinks and complain that Australians don't tip enough!

Don

Here is a great deal:

Diamond Princess, 18 nights, Bangkok to Sydney, departing 26th Nov 2012.

Cat BA Balcony $A 1509, Cat AE Minisuite $A 1674

Great value - BUT - only if your are NOT an Australian!

If you are, a BA costs you $A 2279, and an AE costs $2699.

The cheaper fares have appeared regularly on USA and European web-sites in recent weeks, the fares for Australians are from the Princess.com (Australian version) web-site.

Even allowing for an extra $150 to be added to the cheaper fares for taxes, we are having to pay 37% and 48% respectively more than our American and European fellow passengers.

Obviously Princess (and most of the other lines) feel we are idiots who they can rip off all the time.

And they still add 15% to our drinks and complain that Australians don't tip enough!

Don

Hi Shieldsboy,

Why not book via these agents...I use an agent in Germany and checked this cruise...$1503 for a BA ( though it appears these are booked out ATM).

A friend contacted a few Australian cruise agencies in regards to the price we got for a JS for our upcoming Rhapsody cruise, they could not get anywhere near the price offered by them and all advised us to book through the German company.

Robyn

Robyn,

Thanks for the suggestion but we are already booked on this cruise - however, certainly not at the prices offered to our overseas friends.

My purpose in providing details was to just add further emphasis to how often we are ripped off over here.

As for booking overseas, we have done this at times. Princess do their utmost to prevent Australians booking with overseas TA's - the situation was better a few years ago.

The real question is: Less than $100 a day for the best category balcony on the Diamond is a great deal - why isn't it also available to Australians?

Don

Hi Shieldsboy,

Why not book via these agents...I use an agent in Germany and checked this cruise...$1503 for a BA ( though it appears these are booked out ATM).

A friend contacted a few Australian cruise agencies in regards to the price we got for a JS for our upcoming Rhapsody cruise, they could not get anywhere near the price offered by them and all advised us to book through the German company.

Robyn

Princess is one of the cruise lines which do not allow US agents to book non-US residents unless the agency has done so in the past (i.e. before the cruises lines added restrictions). There are several cruise lines which have this policy including HAL as well. Using a European one is apparently OK as a poster on CC has booked an Eastern Med cruise through that channel.

There has been some discussion about whether you would be denied boarding if you had not booked in $AU though think the general view is that the line would not do so.

There are several threads about the lack of competition for the Au and NZ market and restrictions for booking cruises.

http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Images/AUD2012_Divina-Grand-Voyage-lowres_tcm39-67088.pdf

28 day cruise of the Mediterranean and Trans Atlantic, Venice to Miami, on MSC Divina - $100pd for Singles, less for Twin.

That cruise looks fabulous and the boat does too... The price is great.. Shame about the cost of the airfares!

I got my spreadsheet out and tried to tally up the price, even if I live on two minute noodles and fresh air till November next year, it's the air-fares that that are stopping me getting on that boat.