Majesty of the Seas to leave the fleet in November?

So from what I am reading on this thread; both Majesty and Monarch will be leaving this fall. Am I correct; or did I read the thread wrong?

There has been no official word on this. Royal Car is denying that they are selling the Majesty. I spoke to someone that I know that works on Monarch, and they say that the Monarch has NOT been sold, and as far as they know there will be no changes to her schedule.

There has been no official word on this. Royal Car is denying that they are selling the Majesty. I spoke to someone that I know that works on Monarch, and they say that the Monarch has NOT been sold, and as far as they know there will be no changes to her schedule.

Back when I worked in corporate america, rumors were swirling in the press that we were going to sell off a non-strategic $2BB business unit. Our response was that we were't selling any business units; denied we would even consider such a move; wouldn't even dream about changing anything with our portfolio of business units - right up until the day we announced the sale, that is;)

RCI won't say anything other than to deny they have anything to say - right up to the day they have something to say:rolleyes:

I have a strong feeling about Grandeur.

Oh gosh I hope not. I was on the Grandeur last year and wasn't overly impressed with the condition of the ship. True, I enjoy the Solarium- but I liked the Majesty better.

Now Enchantment, I liked :)

I have a strong feeling about the Grandeur also and it's not a good one. :cool: If she had been my first cruise I might not have taken another cruise with Royal. :eek:

so what would happen if we booked the majesty for oct/nov 2012 and then she was taken off - would we be offered a different cruise or refunded? thanks

We are booked on the majesty for Nov 2011 and have just finished booking our airline tickets. Safe???? :eek:

By all accounts and denials MAJESTY sounds like a safe bet at least for the next year. Like Celebrity CENTURY she might end up being the last of her class in the fleet. Even if something came up down the road and MJ was sold in 2012 they would just transfer the bookings over to the replacement ship. I would think MONARCH's days with RCI are numbered even though Royal Caribbean is confirming nothing. A bit of a shame if you ask me if MN is sold and they are denying it publically.

We are on the monarch on 2nd Jan 2012... It's only a short trip but I kind of like the more intimate atmosphere on the smaller ships. I have to say got a bit lost with all the comments re tonnage but I will watch this space.

Agree with the comment re. Enchantment out of baltimore. We had an amazing trip from there over last new yr. I would actually welcome a different ship cruising from there, because most itineraries have a few sea days perhaps a ship with more on board facilities? It's really cheap and easy for us to fly into Washington/Baltimore from the uk. Looking at Bermuda in 2013!

I'm going to be watching this space as well. I was eyeballing a couple of shorty Bahamas runs on Majesty (thinking easy B2B) last week and they up and poofed this week.

Hmm.. RCI could legitimately say neither ship is being sold if the ship is being transferred to another part of the company. Sovereign comes to mind...

I got this tweet, so i'm not sure if it's them lying through their tweet, or if really it's a way of saying it is the Sovereign ship from Pullmantur.

http://twitter.com/#!/RoyalCaribbean/status/68042775177863168

One thing that is funny is all the speculation we're all doing. I love to read all these theories that people come up with. It's rather interesting to see all the different reasons people have for them too.

All i know is i really want to try to get on the Monarch another time just in case it's my last time.

I got this tweet, so i'm not sure if it's them lying through their tweet, or if really it's a way of saying it is the Sovereign ship from Pullmantur.

One thing that is funny is all the speculation we're all doing. I love to read all these theories that people come up with. It's rather interesting to see all the different reasons people have for them too.

All i know is i really want to try to get on the Monarch another time just in case it's my last time.

This has been on FB as well as published here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1411690

Everyone can relax for a while!:D:D

Pullmantur is owned by RCCL, the statement says RCCL is not selling any of its ships, so that should include Sovereign

Archived