Majesty of the Seas to leave the fleet in November?

I was reading this thread for the first time, and feeling very

crying-kids04.jpg

but now that you are telling me that it's not the Majesty, I am feeling very

Happy%20Cat.jpeg

Now that I'm reading it isn't the Majesty I'm feeling very nervous!

Awwww....that tabby kitten looks just like my girls when they were babies!! :D

Sooooo cute!

I am on the MOS for the New Year's Eve cruise. Or.....at least I think I am! :eek:

Has been my favorite ship, and I adore the great crew. Would hate to see her go. :(

Though I have noticed RCI has stopped offering any kind of deals what so ever on this ship for some time now, which is very unusual.

As much as I like the Monarch (obviously since i have been on her 5 times in two years) I would LOVE either the Enchantment or Grandeur. and like i said a month ago a waiter on MN told me she would be going soon and Enchantment would be replacing her.

I would love a bit bigger of a ship with balcony rooms available for the 3 day, heck i would even be ok with a bit higher price just not close to 700 for a suite.

And yes the MN hasnt had a really good deal in weeks, which is rare.

Now this is just my thoughts on what Could happen; if it's Majesty I think you might see Monarch relocate to Miami and have a Vision Class ship relocate to Port Canaveral. If it's Monarch; Majesty stays in Miami and a Vision Class ship still goes to Port Canaveral. As stated previously the Majesty and Monarch hold slightly more pax than a Vision Class ship (Enchantment being the exception) and the Bahamas cruises from Miami always go out full. So I would think that no matter which ship goes (if either of them do) a Sovereign class ship is probably going to be placed in Miami. Remeber this is just my speculation as I have no inside information or can confirm if any of what is being discussed is true.

Can you elaborate on this?

During the Cruise Shipping Miami Convention this year, Richard Fain brought this up during his discussion of the IMO Emission Rules. I searched CC for the coverage they had of his comments but did not find them. Here is a link to the EPA site on this.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/oceanvessels.htm

You can read the first page and see where the fuel standards for 2012 become significant detriments to cruise ships. This is the criteria that will severely impede cruising for us.

"In practice, implementation of the ECA means that ships entering the designated area would need to use compliant fuel for the duration of their voyage that is within that area, including time in port as well as voyages whose routes pass through the area without calling on a port. The quality of fuel that complies with the ECA standard will change over time. From the effective date in 2012 until 2015, fuel used by all vessels operating in designated areas cannot exceed 1.0 percent sulfur (10,000 ppm). Beginning in 2015, fuel used by vessels operating in these areas cannot exceed 0.1 percent sulfur (1,000 ppm). Beginning in 2016, NOx aftertreatment requirements become applicable."

I wrote to Senator Nelson about its impact on the cruise industry in Florida and he wrote me a bureaucratic answer that said basically "Its the way it is!" If you think the cost of cruising is getting higher - here is another of the reasons!

Sovereign only shows cruises through 11/12/2011. Maybe it's her????

Pullmantur isn't doing all that great.

That would make perfect sense! Can't believe that no one thought to look at that. Considering that both Majesty and Monarch still have available bookings past November, I think that we may have found our answer. That could also explain that many RCCL employees don't know much about it.

Well done! :)

I think considering the time when both Monarch and Majesty joined the fleet - we have to suspect they will leave pretty soon. I remember very well, when they joined in the late 80´s or early 90´s - they were the Top of all cruise ships. Sovereign is still considered the " mother of modern cruise ships" ! I love their Vision Class of ships - but even Vision Class is now about 15 years old. I love their Radiance Class of ships- but from Voyager Class up to Oasis- I would never cruise on either!

Michael

That would make perfect sense! Can't believe that no one thought to look at that. Considering that both Majesty and Monarch still have available bookings past November, I think that we may have found our answer. That could also explain that many RCCL employees don't know much about it.

Don't give me too much credit. I'm not convinced myself. One article says the ship is currently operating in the Caribbean. Both the Monarch and the Majesty are "almost" in the Caribbean.

Also, the Monarch is going into dry dock this weekend for 10 days refurb. Why spend the money only to sell it in a few months?

The most likely one is the Majesty simply because RCI just told Erica it wasn't the Majesty.:eek:

It's not the Sovereign. The Sovereign had a slightly less GRT and passenger capacity than Monarch and Majesty, which makes the numbers not add up, she doesn't sail in the Caribbean, and Pullmantur is not an American cruise line, it is Spanish even though it is a subsidiary of an American cruise line.

Don't give me too much credit. I'm not convinced myself. One article says the ship is currently operating in the Caribbean. Both the Monarch and the Majesty are "almost" in the Caribbean.

Also, the Monarch is going into dry dock this weekend for 10 days refurb. Why spend the money only to sell it in a few months?

The most likely one is the Majesty simply because RCI just told Erica it wasn't the Majesty.:eek:

At the "From the Top" briefing on Monarch last month we heard that the bulk of the work was engine related as well as new decking around the pool. Also, didn't someone say recently that they saw Sovereign in the Caribbean. When does the Fat Lady sing?

I'm hoping they make an announcement, although I will be sad to see Monarch go. I hope PC gets a Vision class ship, it would suck if RCI stops doing 3/4s from there.

The fact that it's been leaked makes me think RCI will say something soon. Although leaked information didn't hurry them along in announcing the C&A changes. :D

At the "From the Top" briefing on Monarch last month we heard that the bulk of the work was engine related as well as new decking around the pool. Also, didn't someone say recently that they saw Sovereign in the Caribbean. When does the Fat Lady sing?

I believe that the SOVEREIGN strictly sails in the Mediterranean. Pullmantur does sail the Caribbean but with old Celebrity and Carnival ships.

Come on, Royal Caribbean. Don't continue to allow bookings for a ship after it is supposed to leave the fleet! That's just plain wrong. They still have cruises for both Monarch and Majesty after November up on their website.

Very sad to hear that one of them will be leaving the fleet.

They should have put the ship in question into a Code Red status as soon as the Korean news story broke. To allow bookings to continue, if indeed the MONARCH or MAJESTY is leaving, is irresponsible.

The Sovereign did not leave the Med. DH has been to Barcelona last Saturday and she was in port. So it´s definitely not the Sovereign.

steamboats

Oh well, It made sense to me at the time. :rolleyes:

That was my thought. The Spanish market is hurting right now and if RCI can unload a ship that would be a huge help.

That would make a lot of sense to me....prices across the pond are/have fallen thru the floor.....way to much capacity in Europe right now.

For all you late comers it has already been determined it is NOT the Sovereign. The original Korean news articles stated The ship, dubbed “Hallyu Star,” is currently navigating in the Caribbean Sea. The Sovereign DOES NOT sail in the Caribbean, ONLY the Mediterranean.

So it is either the MONARCH, which appears to be the hands-on favorite due to multiple eyewitness passenger reports of conversations with crews, or the MAJESTY. Royal Caribbean has yet to acknowledge either way, and still has bookings open for both ships in December despite recently released schedules that cover into Spring/Summer 2012.

I just wish they would hurry up and issue an official press release and get of the pot.

I won't be sad to see either one of them gone as long as they replace it with a ship that has a concierge lounge. I have been on the Enchantement 4 times so I am rooting for her......

Just looked and they added a full sailing schedule for Majesty through 2012 and nothing for Monarch after April 2012. I would say that's a good indicator that the Monarch is going away. We have a trip scheduled on her this coming September, so at least I'll see her one last time.

The article specifies 2,744 passenger capacity which is the capacity of the twins as shown on Wiki.

Probably be replaced by an early Vision class, that is the only choice that makes sense.

Enchantment maybe?

I agree a Vision Class would make sense, but not Enchanment. How about Granduer....or maybe bring back the Legend from the far east??.:rolleyes:

They should have put the ship in question into a Code Red status as soon as the Korean news story broke. To allow bookings to continue, if indeed the MONARCH or MAJESTY is leaving, is irresponsible.

HA! Have you ever seen them act responsibly during a leaked PR situation? ;):p I haven't!

Just looked and they added a full sailing schedule for Majesty through 2012 and nothing for Monarch after April 2012. I would say that's a good indicator that the Monarch is going away. We have a trip scheduled on her this coming September, so at least I'll see her one last time.

Agree. On the deployment schedule, they have opened the Bahamas through spring, 2013 - with only the Majesty out of Miami listed, and have added a new Bahamas - TBD category at the bottom of the list.

Clearly, something else is eventually going in the Monarch's slot, and some other port will be losing a ship.

Archived