Majesty of the Seas to leave the fleet in November?

I agree a Vision Class would make sense, but not Enchanment. How about Granduer....or maybe bring back the Legend from the far east??.:rolleyes:

Neither the Granduer or the Legend have their schedules released for Summer 2012 yet... I would say either are a suitable choice.

I'm wondering if I need to go ahead and book the Carnival Sensation while its prices are still low for our December cruise or if they will replace Monarch with something else by then since she is supposed to leave service is November. Frustrating not being able to get any information :(.

Here's the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4472

To be clear, the only thing RCI denied was "selling" any of the ships -- they never answered about chartering or leasing Monarch or Sovereign. I was told, as I posted earlier, that the line was not selling/chartering/leasing Majesty.

Here's the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4472

To be clear, the only thing RCI denied was "selling" any of the ships -- they never answered about chartering or leasing Monarch or Sovereign. I was told, as I posted earlier, that the line was not selling/chartering/leasing Majesty.

Thanks for looking into this, Erica. Please let us know if you find out anything else. I need to know if I need to start making alternative arrangements!

I have been talking to C&A for a few minutes now. The CSR I am talking to is just as interested as we are and is hunting for an answer. He said the Monarch 2012 dates have been loaded into his system, but a hold has just been put on them and they are no longer accessable. He has made a few calls, everybody has given him contradicting answers from those dates are not supposed to be open yet to they are still working on pricing. He agrees that it sounds like something is up.

He's going to contact me again as soon as he hears anything.

I have been talking to C&A for a few minutes now. The CSR I am talking to is just as interested as we are and is hunting for an answer. He said the Monarch 2012 dates have been loaded into his system, but a hold has just been put on them and they are no longer accessable. He has made a few calls, everybody has given him contradicting answers from those dates are not supposed to be open yet to they are still working on pricing. He agrees that it sounds like something is up.

He's going to contact me again as soon as he hears anything.

Interesting because while I was on the Freedom I talked with a crew member and they heard they are bring a 3rd ship to Port Canaveral, possible sailing in winter months only. Maybee this 3rd ship might replace the Monarch full time. I hope that they bring a Radiance or Voyager class ship to replace the Monarch.

It's a very safe bet that it's Monarch of the Seas that's leaving the fleet in November! :(

I checked yesterday when we first found out that Monarch or Majesty was being replaced, and there were no cruises after April 2012 for either ship. Which means the Majesty cruises that are now online for sailings after April 2012 were just released today! They wouldn't add more sailings for Majesty if she was the ship leaving the fleet. And they haven't added any more cruises for Monarch.

Dear Royal Caribbean, When were (are) you planning to tell us that Monarch of the Seas is leaving the fleet? Thanks for caring about us. Now I feel like going over to the Carnival forum...

Yikes!!

I am pre-paid in full for my New Year's Eve cruise on the Monarch 12/30/11. So what do they do with that?? :eek:

Ok...so put me in a suite to make up for it on the replacement ship!! ;) :D

It is really just not the cute little ship I am so attached to .....but the fantastic crew that is really the best in the fleet. Just point me to where they are going and I will follow!

Ok...so just curious...I tried to book a "dummy cruise" on the Monarch for April of 2012. It went all the way into the "payment" section.

So where is this info that reservations cannot be booked after October of this year coming from anyway??? :rolleyes: Sheeez....

We should take bets, it seems that the Legend or Grandeur are obvious choices so they get 2:1 odds, any other Vision class has 3:1 odds, Any Radiance class had 5:1, Voyager Class 6:1, Freedom Class 8:1 and Oasis 12:1, and maybe say that the Monarch isn't leaving for 15:1 odds :D

Here is one link to All That Cruise website

And here is more info from another site.

Earlier this week the Korean media reported that All That Cruise, a new Korean cruise line, had purchased a ship and was scheduled to start sailing in January 2012, with sources indicating it was a Sovereign-class ship, the Majesty of the Seas, from Royal Caribbean International. Since then that rumor has been denied by the cruise line, but a person familiar with the situation in Korea told Cruise Industry News that All That Cruise will take delivery of the vessel in October, 2011, and has bought the ship from Royal Caribbean.

Link to whole story

The picture on the All That Cruise website of the ship is at the Port of Miami

Here is one link to All That Cruise website

And here is more info from another site.

Earlier this week the Korean media reported that All That Cruise, a new Korean cruise line, had purchased a ship and was scheduled to start sailing in January 2012, with sources indicating it was a Sovereign-class ship, the Majesty of the Seas, from Royal Caribbean International. Since then that rumor has been denied by the cruise line, but a person familiar with the situation in Korea told Cruise Industry News that All That Cruise will take delivery of the vessel in October, 2011, and has bought the ship from Royal Caribbean.

Link to whole story

The picture on the All That Cruise website of the ship is at the Port of Miami

Well those pics are clearly the Majesty not the Monarch, however I am still holding out hope its the MN so we get a bigger ship in PC.:D

just checked royals site and there are june 2012 pricings for the majesty so it doesnt appear to be her.

3 Night Bahamas Cruise

from Miami, Florida

search_result_thumb-carib2-292x178.jpg Majesty Of The Seas

ADD TO CRUISE COMPARISON

2012 DEPARTURE DATES:

Ports of Call:

Miami, Florida; CocoCay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Miami, Florida

PRICES STARTING FROM

$ 299 USD

Details & Prices Book Now

4 Night Bahamas Cruise

from Miami, Florida

search_result_thumb-carib2-292x178.jpg Majesty Of The Seas

ADD TO CRUISE COMPARISON

2012 DEPARTURE DATES:

Ports of Call:

Miami, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; CocoCay, Bahamas; Key West, Florida; Miami, Florida

PRICES STARTING FROM

$ 349 USD

Details & Prices Book Now

Just because schedules are posted doesn't mean it's carved in stone. Just ask the folks who were booked on the 10- and 11-night cruises this March out of Charleston on Celebrity MERCURY after her career was cut short and sold off to TUI.

It would be easy enough to maintain the Bahamas itineraries but with a different vessel, same class of cruise ship or not. What's to say they can't sell MAJESTY, transfer MONARCH to Miami, and replace her with LEGEND, GRANDEUR, or a Voyager-class?

This is the part of that update that gets me:

"Since then that rumor has been denied by the cruise line, but a person familiar with the situation in Korea told Cruise Industry News that All That Cruise will take delivery of the vessel in October, 2011, and has bought the ship from Royal Caribbean."

This is ONLY six months away and whatever replacement ship is involved will cover those already booked for Halloween school break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.

RCI has some major damage control if they don't release an official statement soon to relocate tens of thousands of guests.

Just because a ship still has sailings showing as available to be booked on the websites doesnt mean RCCL cant/wont change their minds and move the ship....look at recent fiasco with Independence and Navigator sailings....especially the Navigator...months of cruises cancelled.

Just because a ship still has sailings showing as available to be booked on the websites doesnt mean RCCL cant/wont change their minds and move the ship....look at recent fiasco with Independence and Navigator sailings....especially the Navigator...months of cruises cancelled.

But why would they release more itineraries for Majesty yesterday if she was the ship leaving? They didn't release any more Monarch cruises yesterday. It would be really dumb if they added more cruises for Majesty and not Monarch if Majesty was the ship that was leaving.

Then again, they have done some really dumb things lately. I guess you could be right, but it doesn't make sense that it would be Majesty.

But why would they release more itineraries for Majesty yesterday if she was the ship leaving? They didn't release any more Monarch cruises yesterday. It would be really dumb if they added more cruises for Majesty and not Monarch if Majesty was the ship that was leaving.

Then again, they have done some really dumb things lately. I guess you could be right, but it doesn't make sense that it would be Majesty.

The photos on the All That Cruise website are the Majesty.

The weight and size descriptions make it a Sovereign class ship.

The site says it was built in 1993, which none of them were.

As said earlier, the really sad thing is that a Royal Caribbean ship seems to be leaving the area, and no matter what ship it is, RCI has all 22 of their current ships available for booking past the October/November 2011 date.

Actually, not sad, pathetic on RCI's part. There are many people planning and booking the holiday cruises now.

Value????????????

Make that 2 threads that have made an entertaining read this morning. :D

Media uses canned photos all the time. A picture of the Majesty doesn't mean it is the Majesty. Why would they not say the name of the ship, but show a photo of it? I really think it's just a canned cruise ship photo they used. The article that said they were getting a ship from Royal Caribbean probably meant RCCL, not RCI. It could mean Sovereign, and it could mean Century. Who knows?

But if it is Majesty or Monarch, so what? When Sovereign left, the writing was on the wall for the rest of her class. It shouldn't be a surprise.

The photos on the All That Cruise website are the Majesty.

The weight and size descriptions make it a Sovereign class ship.

The site says it was built in 1993, which none of them were.

As said earlier, the really sad thing is that a Royal Caribbean ship seems to be leaving the area, and no matter what ship it is, RCI has all 22 of their current ships available for booking past the October/November 2011 date.

Actually, not sad, pathetic on RCI's part. There are many people planning and booking the holiday cruises now.

Value????????????

It also seems that the company purchasing the ship does not have their financing in order.

From the articl: All That Cruise’s website clearly shows pictures of a Sovereign-class vessel, but, it wouldn’t be the first time a project has “launched,” seeking financing.

If that's the case then RCI is not going to cancel cruises before they have a firm buyer. Why should they? The financing can fall through and then RCI would be sitting there with a ship and no passengers. It seems to me that someone on the other side opened a can of worms by announcing this.

It also seems that the company purchasing the ship does not have their financing in order.

From the articl: All That Cruise’s website clearly shows pictures of a Sovereign-class vessel, but, it wouldn’t be the first time a project has “launched,” seeking financing.

If that's the case then RCI is not going to cancel cruises before they have a firm buyer. Why should they? The financing can fall through and then RCI would be sitting there with a ship and no passengers. It seems to me that someone on the other side opened a can of worms by announcing this.

That's the way we felt when we posted our message:

"Somewhere I read where the Korean cruise line is still seeking investors. How financially stable are they? How reliable can the information from Korea be?"

The whole deal could very soon fall apart if sufficient funds aren't available.

R&D

Archived