Majesty of the Seas to leave the fleet in November?

Make that 2 threads that have made an entertaining read this morning. :D

Media uses canned photos all the time. A picture of the Majesty doesn't mean it is the Majesty. Why would they not say the name of the ship, but show a photo of it? I really think it's just a canned cruise ship photo they used. The article that said they were getting a ship from Royal Caribbean probably meant RCCL, not RCI. It could mean Sovereign, and it could mean Century. Who knows?

But if it is Majesty or Monarch, so what? When Sovereign left, the writing was on the wall for the rest of her class. It shouldn't be a surprise.

Totaly agree. Actually, Majesty is used for lots of generic photos advertising certain things, i.e. RCI, Port of Miami, Miami, etc. So that really doesn't mean anything.

Totaly agree. Actually, Majesty is used for lots of generic photos advertising certain things, i.e. RCI, Port of Miami, Miami, etc. So that really doesn't mean anything.

I agree with you. However, the characteristics of the ship in mention matches that of the Sovereign Class, hence the confusion.

I agree with you. However, the characteristics of the ship in mention matches that of the Sovereign Class, hence the confusion.

There would have been no confusion if you had seen the original news article. It stated in print "Ship to be used All That Ship" under a clearly labeled and detailed low starboard bow shot of the Majesty of the Seas at anchor, the name of the ship clearly and cleanly readable.

There would have been no confusion if you had seen the original news article. It stated in print "Ship to be used All That Ship" under a clearly labeled and detailed low starboard bow shot of the Majesty of the Seas at anchor, the name of the ship clearly and cleanly readable.

No, I do not think it is that clear at all.

The aritcle says: "The ship is a secondhand vessel that was operated by an overseas cruise operator, whose identity is protected for legal reasons, Lee said."

I don't think they would say this, then turn around and show a picture of the ship, clearly identified, they intend to purchase. That's why I think they were just showing a canned cruise ship photo, not necessarily of the exact ship in question.

I understand what you mean and no one knows for sure right now, hence the discussion. I think we're just saying that many times they show the Majesty (even with the ships name clear as day) in some type of article or advertisement, but in reality they're not actually discussing the Majesty of the Seas per say.

Who knows...I wish Royal would confirm this already!

No, I do not think it is that clear at all.

The aritcle says: "The ship is a secondhand vessel that was operated by an overseas cruise operator, whose identity is protected for legal reasons, Lee said."

I don't think they would say this, then turn around and show a picture of the ship, clearly identified, they intend to purchase. That's why I think they were just showing a canned cruise ship photo, not necessarily of the exact ship in question.

I found this cached version of the link to the original article. Unfortunately the picture in the link in considerably smaller than that which was shown in the article:

all_that_ship.jpg

Media uses canned photos all the time. A picture of the Majesty doesn't mean it is the Majesty.

Paul,

I wouldn´t have said a thing as I know that media is using whatever photos they get. But check out the links on the All That Cruise website and you´ll find lots of photos of the Majesty and/or Monarch. And the data fits to those two ships only.

steamboats

That article said:

'Hallyu' means 'Korean wave' and refers to the popularity of "Korean Pop Culture" in other countries.

Ummmmm ... What??

Paul,

I wouldn´t have said a thing as I know that media is using whatever photos they get. But check out the links on the All That Cruise website and you´ll find lots of photos of the Majesty and/or Monarch. And the data fits to those two ships only.

steamboats

Like these screen grabs from their website:

cruis1.jpg

cruise35.jpg

cruise2.jpg

Or at least ponder for a moment...

RCI isn't going to make any announcements until the ink is dry and the funds are transferred - as a public company, to do otherwise would be a breach of fiduciary responsibility;

If the deal goes through, there's no way to determine whether the ship sold will be Monarch or Majesty - they're identical enough that if it was Majesty (as the photos suggest), Monarch would simply repo to Miami and take up her routes and the transfer of bookings would be seamless for about 99% of cabins, and an as yet unidentified RCI ship would rotate to PC to pick up the Monarch rotation(otherwise they wouldn't have a Bahamas - TBD on their deployment schedule);

There are at least three RCI ships whose 2012-2013 itineraries are missing, so until they pop up elsewhere, they're all candidates to do the PC Bahamas rotation.

I thyink the only thing that's relatively clear is that whatever transpires, there will be a Soverign class ship sailing out of Miami through spring 2013. The rest of it is a crapshoot:D

Thanks for looking into this, Erica. Please let us know if you find out anything else. I need to know if I need to start making alternative arrangements!

When asked to confirm that despite the use of photos that are remarkably similar to Royal Caribbean ships, the line was not planning to sell, charter or lease any of the aforementioned vessels, Royal Caribbean spokesman Harrison Liu responded, "Yes, we are not a party to this." At press time, we were unable to reach anyone at Pullmantur.

When asked to confirm that despite the use of photos that are remarkably similar to Royal Caribbean ships, the line was not planning to sell, charter or lease any of the aforementioned vessels, Royal Caribbean spokesman Harrison Liu responded, "Yes, we are not a party to this." At press time, we were unable to reach anyone at Pullmantur.

Not just remarkably similar to Royal Caribbean ships, it is a Royal Caribbean ship, namely the Majesty of the Seas. You can see the name, it's docked in Miami, and the interior and exterior pictures of the ships are used all over the Korean cruise operator website. Seems like if is was not a pending sale/charter/lease/whatever RCI could put a 'cease and desist' order on them?

Yikes!!

I am pre-paid in full for my New Year's Eve cruise on the Monarch 12/30/11. So what do they do with that?? :eek:

Ok...so put me in a suite to make up for it on the replacement ship!! ;) :D

It is really just not the cute little ship I am so attached to .....but the fantastic crew that is really the best in the fleet. Just point me to where they are going and I will follow!

Jump to Navigator before they raise prices again.

That's the way we felt when we posted our message:

"Somewhere I read where the Korean cruise line is still seeking investors. How financially stable are they? How reliable can the information from Korea be?"

The whole deal could very soon fall apart if sufficient funds aren't available.

R&D

*I* sure as hell am not buying their stock! ;)

Assuming you all know by now that it's Monarch that's being sold? Sorry, I couldn't get past the 2nd page of this thread due to the extreme slowness of this website. If you already know, sorry for the duplication.

Heard it last night from a friend who works on Majesty.

Assuming you all know by now that it's Monarch that's being sold? Sorry, I couldn't get past the 2nd page of this thread due to the extreme slowness of this website. If you already know, sorry for the duplication.

Figured...thanks :)

Jump to Navigator before they raise prices again.

eh....thanks for the advise...but I think since RCI has my full payment, they will probably have to do something with that money. Not a deal breaker if I can't do the the New Year's Eve cruise. Just need to have credit for another cruise! :)

I have an Alaska cruise set up for next year....would be happy if they transferred funds to that cruise! ;)

I will just have to sit at home and fall asleep to the "watching the ball drop" as usual....snore....;)

Thanks for the re-confirmation. Lots of verbal verifications from recent RCI guests who have heard this as well despite the picture of the MJ. Now we just have to see what MN replacement is? If MN is going into the yards now for a minor upkeep and plumbing repair maybe its like a used car owner making sure everything under the hood is working before putting it up for sale?

That's the way we felt when we posted our message:

"Somewhere I read where the Korean cruise line is still seeking investors. How financially stable are they? How reliable can the information from Korea be?"

The whole deal could very soon fall apart if sufficient funds aren't available.

R&D

This from the press release:

As for financing the acquisition of the vessel, Lee said that the majority of the funds are raised through Korea Ship Finance, but the company plans to repay the financer in full to take ownership of the vessel in seven years.

“Seventy-five percent of the funds will be raised from Korea Ship Finance, and the remainder will be raised by selling memberships,” Lee said. According to Lee, the price of memberships starts at 350 million won ($328,000) and goes up to 1.1 billion won.

“Memberships for 25 percent of the cabins are being sold similarly to condominium memberships. The memberships do not give ownership of the cabins but are sold as bonds on the vessel.”

Thanks for the re-confirmation. Lots of verbal verifications from recent RCI guests who have heard this as well despite the picture of the MJ. Now we just have to see what MN replacement is? If MN is going into the yards now for a minor upkeep and plumbing repair maybe its like a used car owner making sure everything under the hood is working before putting it up for sale?

I though doing a refurb on it before selling it wasn't a good use of money.

But...

I read a press release that said (if my Korean translation is any good:eek:) that they are paying around $275,000,000 for the ship.

If that's the case, whether it's the Monarch or the Majesty, for that price, I guess RCI could throw in a new coat of paint.

Maybe that's Fain's first step in being less of a value. That's a lot of won... 300 billion +/-

All That Cruise is currently designing their online booking system. Maybe for $275,000,000 RCI could throw in their new one for free.:D

Archived