Majesty of the Seas to leave the fleet in November?

OOH ... a weekend getaway with a balcony!!

As much as I like the Majesty, I would love to see her replaced with a Vision Class ship. I love weekend cruise getaways and it would be nice if RCI's ship had balconies and a Solarium.

That would be great. Balconies, solarium, bigger rooms, nicer dining room and possibly a specialty restaurant....bring it on! I'm a big fan of the MOS too, but would prefer a Vision or Radiance Class ship in her place.

The stretched Enchantment has the biggest wow factor of all the six Vision ships and since many people use the 3/4 day cruises as a test balloon to see if they like cruising, it would be a great marketing tool to sell the fleet.

We went on it in Sept 2005 out of Boston up to Canada to celebrate DW's retirement from being the "school ogre" right after the stretch and loved it. Pity the stretch had significant cost overruns and RCI never stretched the Grandeur.

The stretched Enchantment has the biggest wow factor of all the six Vision ships and since many people use the 3/4 day cruises as a test balloon to see if they like cruising, it would be a great marketing tool to sell the fleet.

We went on it in Sept 2005 out of Boston up to Canada to celebrate DW's retirement from being the "school ogre" right after the stretch and loved it. Pity the stretch had significant cost overruns and RCI never stretched the Grandeur.

I don't know how SECRET the seller is when they put the picture of the Majesty in the paper!! I hope it's not any ship really. Our last visit to the Monarch was a couple of months ago. I think I noted this in a prior post but the Hotel Director indicated the Monarch would go to Asia. I thought it would be with RCI but apparently NOT..:mad:.

If they did replace one of the M&M boats with a Vision class ship, I wonder what pressure would be placed on the fares. The biggest Vision class, (Enchantment) holds about 2400, while the M&M ships hold over 2700 in those spacious walk in closets with a bed! All the other Vision class are closer to 2000 berths. Many times a year you can find some pretty cheap fares on the M&M sisters, with a lower capacity ship they may not be able to go so low. Just a thought.

The Grandeur and Legend itineraries haven't been released yet, maybe it could be one of them.

Why wouldn't they get rid of the Legend ahead of Majesty, it's smaller.

Ship Facts s.gif

• Maiden Voyage: May 16, 1995
  • Passenger Capacity: 1,804 double occupancy; 2,074 maximum
  • Godmother: Cindy Pritzker
  • Gross Tonnage: 69,130
  • Length: 867'
  • Beam: 105'
  • Draft: 24.5'
  • Cruising Speed: 22 knots

Well I am not sure it will be the Monarch. The Monarch is due to go to dry dock sometime this month. Also you can book Monarch cruises all the way to April 2012.

Also on my previouse Freedom Cruise during the Platinum and Emerald event we had question and answer with the captain and hotel director and I asked that question about the Monach possible retirement. Both of them thought the retirement of the Monarch would happen when the Sunshine Class of ships comes out.

If they did replace one of the M&M boats with a Vision class ship, I wonder what pressure would be placed on the fares. The biggest Vision class, (Enchantment) holds about 2400, while the M&M ships hold over 2700 in those spacious walk in closets with a bed! All the other Vision class are closer to 2000 berths. Many times a year you can find some pretty cheap fares on the M&M sisters, with a lower capacity ship they may not be able to go so low. Just a thought.

According to Adam's Blog recently, the Monarch and Majesty do 500,000 passengers a year. That equates to a full ship. I would assume they would replace them with ships with equal or greater capacity. Otherwise they will take a loss. Whatever ships replace them, it must happen by 2012 based on new emissions requirements which M&M cannot meet.

After spending 4 days on the Navigator I would love to see one of the Voyager class do a Bahamas run :)

I would take a Voyager class ship about anywhere :D

I would miss either one. I still miss the Sovereign :eek:

It hasn't been easy getting info out of Royal Caribbean today, but Michele Nadeem, the company's VP of Global Corporate Communications just told me it's NOT Majesty. FWIW, she says that Royal is not selling, leasing or chartering that ship.

I've now asked her to check on the other two ships.

Come on, Royal Caribbean. Don't continue to allow bookings for a ship after it is supposed to leave the fleet! That's just plain wrong. They still have cruises for both Monarch and Majesty after November up on their website.

Very sad to hear that one of them will be leaving the fleet.

It hasn't been easy getting info out of Royal Caribbean today, but Michele Nadeem, the company's VP of Global Corporate Communications just told me it's NOT Majesty. FWIW, she says that Royal is not selling, leasing or chartering that ship.

I've now asked her to check on the other two ships.

I was reading this thread for the first time, and feeling very

crying-kids04.jpg

but now that you are telling me that it's not the Majesty, I am feeling very

Happy%20Cat.jpeg

Archived