radisson at port canaveral shuttle change

lprime60

Just to let anyone interested to know its no longer free to take the shuttle to the port at radisson for any room, its 30 dollars per car unless you get the more expensive cruise package. I booked 2 rooms for Oct. way back in Feb. and on the reciept it says complimentry shuttle to port now they are saying as of May 1 they charge. I think they should honer it since i booked before it went into effect. What do all you think?

Just to let anyone interested to know its no longer free to take the shuttle to the port at radisson for any room, its 30 dollars per car unless you get the more expensive cruise package. I booked 2 rooms for Oct. way back in Feb. and on the reciept it says complimentry shuttle to port now they are saying as of May 1 they charge. I think they should honer it since i booked before it went into effect. What do all you think?

I read on another post that they will honor all the ones booked before they announced it. I think it was a thread asking about what hotel to stay in.

thanks i will definitly keep trying. but i just got off the phone with the hotel and they said no. maybe that person wasnt informed

Go to the Florida Departures board and look up the "new I work inPort Canaveral" thread. SNelsonBrown has listed her conversations and emails with the Radisson's manager regarding the new shuttle policy. They're trying to compete with the new ParknCruise lot across the causeway. I thought the $30 charge was for just parking the car. But wasn't paying a lot of attention as we're using the new lot come June.

if you stay there without the cruise package and you want to take the shuttle to the port they charge you $30 per car thats parked there, we have 2 rooms booked so we will have 2 vehicles there. they allow 4 people per vehicle to go on the shuttle

Shirley posted this on the Port canaveral thread. Hope it helps you.

I just received this email about the update at the Radisson - sorreeeeeeee but it appears it is coming to an end in May.

Hello Shirley

I want to update you on what the Radisson Resort at the Port is doing effective May 1 2011. Because of new charges (from the Canaveral Port Authority) for commercial passenger vehicles entering the cruise terminals and continued raising operating costs, Radisson will no longer be offering free shuttle and parking to all guests. Free shuttle and parking will still be available as part of our Park and Cruise packages. For guests that choose another rate, there will an option (at a charge) to add parking and shuttle once they arrive at the Resort. Any reservations that have been made prior to May 1, 2011 will be given free parking and shuttle to the Port per our current marketing message – regardless of arrival date.

Also

Beginning Monday April 18, 2011 the Radisson will be selling non hotel guest parking and shuttle to the Port. The cost of this will be $6.99 Daily. We believe this will be a great alternative to the Ports charge of $15 per day, for the folks that live locally and are cruising.

JOE PANACKIA

Bill

Shirley posted this on the Port canaveral thread. Hope it helps you.

I just received this email about the update at the Radisson - sorreeeeeeee but it appears it is coming to an end in May.

Hello Shirley

I want to update you on what the Radisson Resort at the Port is doing effective May 1 2011. Because of new charges (from the Canaveral Port Authority) for commercial passenger vehicles entering the cruise terminals and continued raising operating costs, Radisson will no longer be offering free shuttle and parking to all guests. Free shuttle and parking will still be available as part of our Park and Cruise packages. For guests that choose another rate, there will an option (at a charge) to add parking and shuttle once they arrive at the Resort. Any reservations that have been made prior to May 1, 2011 will be given free parking and shuttle to the Port per our current marketing message – regardless of arrival date.

Also

Beginning Monday April 18, 2011 the Radisson will be selling non hotel guest parking and shuttle to the Port. The cost of this will be $6.99 Daily. We believe this will be a great alternative to the Ports charge of $15 per day, for the folks that live locally and are cruising.

JOE PANACKIA

Bill

yes it does thank you

Go to the Florida Departures board and look up the "new I work inPort Canaveral" thread. SNelsonBrown has listed her conversations and emails with the Radisson's manager regarding the new shuttle policy. They're trying to compete with the new ParknCruise lot across the causeway. I thought the $30 charge was for just parking the car. But wasn't paying a lot of attention as we're using the new lot come June.

thanks for your help

Thanks for the heads up. I just called and am OK since I made the reservation for our May cruise a while ago. We generally stay closer to the beach, but made this reservation for the parking and transportation. I imagine I’ll stay elsewhere for our August cruise.

M

Thanks for the heads up. I just called and am OK since I made the reservation for our May cruise a while ago. We generally stay closer to the beach, but made this reservation for the parking and transportation. I imagine I’ll stay elsewhere for our August cruise.

M

I am glad everything is OK for you. We are going to be checking too. We made our reservation a while ago and we are not going until November. We want to make sure we don't have to pay either. .

Sharon

I am glad everything is OK for you. We are going to be checking too. We made our reservation a while ago and we are not going until November. We want to make sure we don't have to pay either. .

Sharon

We made our resv before May 1st, so I have printed off Shirley's e-mail from the Manager at the Radisson and will take it with me to check-in. With that in hand I don't anticipate a problem......

Happy Sailing Everybody!!!!

They will honor it. Anything booked before (March or April 1st)will be honored. I called and that is what they told me...

They will honor it. Anything booked before (March or April 1st)will be honored. I called and that is what they told me...;);)

Archived