Transfer booking from one TA to another TA?

mondsd

Hi, I would just like to know if you can tranfer a booking from one TA to another TA?

TIA

The way I understand it, is that if it is already in the hands of an agent, THE AGENT OWNS THE BOOKING... You would have to cancel with that agent if THEY will not the transfer booking for you..

Some agents do charge a booking/cancellation fee, so you may have to pay them off when you cancel...

P

Hi, I would just like to know if you can tranfer a booking from one TA to another TA?

TIA

As the TA owns your booking, they need to release the booking first before it can be done and usually it would be unlikely for them to simply release it, as they would loose their money.

As the TA owns your booking, they need to release the booking first before it can be done and usually it would be unlikely for them to simply release it, as they would loose their money.

I did it but the original TA went out of business!

TIA

Why do you want to transfer it? Bad service? Or for perks? If bad service then likely they will not let it go unless you cancel and there could be a cancellation fee.

If you are past final payment then you can't transfer it no matter what.

If you are looking for perks, have an honest talk with the current TA to see if they can sweeten the pot but they are under no obligation too and they have to give permission for any transfer.

We have done it. The original TA didn't like it but they did it and the OP is correct in that RCL has a form that we completed for the original TA to fax in - that's all they had to do. I waited while he did it. The new TA then has to actually 'accept' the booking. In our case she accepted before the release was recieved by RCL and that didn't connect for a while.

We changed agents beacuse of unsatisfactory service and we wanted to consolidate our business with our daughter who travels extensively for her work. The new agent is excellent and we couldn't be happier.

So it is possible but they don't make it easy.

Thanks so much for your help everyone, the reason for wanting to tranfer it is because I wanted my sister who owns a TA to get the comisson.

Sorry, but that is not a nice thing to do to the original TA if it is not an issue of bad service. He/she did all the work on the booking and then gets nada, zip, zilch. Why didn't you book with your sister in the first place?

How would you like it if in your job you did the all the work and paid someone else for your efforts??? So many people on these boards seem so willing to screw the low paid TA's out of commissions.

I have seen bookings transfered after final payment. But as soon as the payment is made the commission is generated to the original booking agency. So, doubtful you could find an agent to accept the booking with no prospects of getting any commission, unless they charge a service fee.

Sorry, but that is not a nice thing to do to the original TA if it is not an issue of bad service. He/she did all the work on the booking and then gets nada, zip, zilch. Why didn't you book with your sister in the first place?

How would you like it if in your job you did the all the work and paid someone else for your efforts??? So many people on these boards seem so willing to screw the low paid TA's out of commissions.

I have seen bookings transfered after final payment. But as soon as the payment is made the commission is generated to the original booking agency. So, doubtful you could find an agent to accept the booking with no prospects of getting any commission, unless they charge a service fee.

I have to agree here. Just think it was your sister who did all the work on a booking and then the client wants to leave just to give the business and money they earned to someone else.

Shouldn´t your sister know the hoops to get the booking transferred?:confused:

Thanks so much for your help everyone, the reason for wanting to tranfer it is because I wanted my sister who owns a TA to get the comisson.

So why didn't you just book with your sister in the first place :confused::confused:

Your current TA did the work so why pass it over now ...next time use your sister

I do the legwork then book with my sister or another TA that gives me perks but I would never switch after booking

Seriously? Why should your sister get paid if someone else did all the work? I get paid only by commission and I would not be happy if I did a job for someone and then at the last minute, my client fired me and had someone else get paid for doing nothing. Do you really think that's fair?:rolleyes:

You need to check with the cruise line and it also depends where you are in the process.

If you have made your final payment you will likely not be able to transfer the booking.

And some cruise lines reduce the commission to the receiving agent if you book.

So bottom line, ask the cruise line how this will work for you.

Keith

Actually I didnt want to use with this TA in the first place. and she did not do any work, Royal caribbean did the work, not her. she said, in order to use my future cruise certificate i have to tranfer my reservation from Royal to her first so she could apply the discount. (Royal caribbean sent the future cruise certificate to her office because she was the TA on file used for the cruise when i got the certificate). . Is this true???

Do I understand correctly? She was your TA for previous cruise/cruises, she, not RCI booked this cruise? And now your sister and you want to give this over to your sister? All of the work is done, RCI hasn't done anything I can see. If your sister takes this over, she should compensate the original TA.

Archived