"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Radio - Thank you so much for the excellent report and the pictures! Can't wait to go to the Allure later on this year, your report and the pictures gave me an excellent ideas what should not be missed when cruising with the Allure. ;) Thank you again! :)

Thanks very much Radio! Did you happen to notice if there were any cabins available for upgrade at pier (or if there was a sign stating no upgrades?)

Also, did you spot the Pier Coordinator's office at Port Everglades?

Just found the very informative thread about paid pier upgrades. Thanks for that, too!

I know it is unlikely that Suites would be available but perhaps an OV balcony to a better OV balcony (hump or not on top of Boleros...:/ ) might be possible. It would be worth $100 for that.

Radio:

FANTASTIC as always!!! hank you for giving us sooooo much! and thanks for letting us in on the cost for this special treat. Maybe one day I will do it.

Mark -

We did a B2B on the Allure 5/15 and 5/22 and want to clarify the dining room schedules.

The Eastern leg has the following

Sun FL

Mon Nassau

Tues at sea

Wed STT

Thurs SXM

Fri at sea (formal) (lobster night)

Sat at sea

Sun FL

Hi The Big Booper: what nite was the first formal nite? thx.

Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent. I've been hesitant to try this class of ship but you may have convinced me. How did you find the crowds?

I noticed your signature is no longer showing Freedom this summer. I was so looking forward to following your live posts. I see you are on the Enchantment tho. Will you be visiting my fair city?

Also, thanks again for your info about the Auto Train. It was a stress free time saver. Will definitely do it again next winter.

Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent. I've been hesitant to try this class of ship but you may have convinced me. How did you find the crowds?

I noticed your signature is no longer showing Freedom this summer. I was so looking forward to following your live posts. I see you are on the Enchantment tho. Will you be visiting my fair city?

Also, thanks again for your info about the Auto Train. It was a stress free time saver. Will definitely do it again next winter.

Thanks cruzlover for the nice comments. . . . It turned out that Freedom was a no - go, so I will be going on a 9 Night Cruise from my favorite port. . . Baltimore (Because I live on 15 min away) :)

We will be going to Saint John, and I can't wait to go there. My Mom and Dad will also be sailing !

The crowds are where you will find them on any ship. . .Elevators before dinner or after a show, the Windjammer on Embarkation Day and late breakfast, and sunny days on the pool deck.

RCI does a great job with crowd control though. . .I was very pleased.

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Sorry if you mentioned this elsewhere - and I've looked, but what deck were you on?

-germ

I was on Deck 6 FWD (6568)

Radio

;);)

Thanks very much Radio! Did you happen to notice if there were any cabins available for upgrade at pier (or if there was a sign stating no upgrades?)

Also, did you spot the Pier Coordinator's office at Port Everglades?

Just found the very informative thread about paid pier upgrades. Thanks for that, too!

I know it is unlikely that Suites would be available but perhaps an OV balcony to a better OV balcony (hump or not on top of Boleros...:/ ) might be possible. It would be worth $100 for that.

There was a sign ince on board, bu there were -some- upgrades available.

I checked with the PC, and was told there were a few Central Park, and Oceanview Balconies available ( but no suites)

The Pier Coordinator is between the right and left side of the check in stations.

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Great job of conveying the joys of your cruise experience. It was a great read and I believe you could consider photo journalism. Since you have done both big ships as well as both

eastern and western trips, who gets the nod. OASIS/ALLURE

Hello everyone. . . I made it home today.

The AutoTrain arrived in Lorton at abot 9:45AM today, and I had my car and was on the road by 10:45AM.

I made it home by noon, and after a bit of a nap, I need to unpack, email, store, etc. . .

I will be scanning and posting throughout the week, but here are a few random oics that never made it to my On Board "LIVE" from the Allure of the Seas. . . (If I already posted them. . .sorry. . .)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

This sculpture was at the entrance of the Solarium up on DECK 16

They looked like pillows, but were made of stone. . .

SA8.JPG

Sorrento's Pizza on thr Royale Promenade on DECK 5

T14.JPG

The RisinG Tide Bar took passengers from Deck 5 up to Central Park

TH18.JPG

On the forward end of the Royale Promenade, steps took you down to Blaze, Jazz on 4, The Comendy Club. and Studio B

T3.JPG

I was never able to go to Dazzle to her the music. I heard it was good (DECK 8-9)

TH34.JPG

I saw this for sale up in Izumi "For the perfect Glass of Wine, every time"

TH22.JPG

Edited by Radio

Mark -

Nice to have finally met you on the Allure at the M & M. We saw you at times moving around to take pictures during the week. >SNIP<

Thanks BigBooper, It was vey nice to meet you in Dazzles, I would have like to spoken with you over a cup of Starbucks. . . You seem to have a passion for cruising as well !:)

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio, did you like Deck 6? Did you use the Diamond Lounge on Deck 6 or went to the Concierge Lounge?

I went to the Diamond Lounge ou tove convenience. . .it was right around the corner. . . (but they had no Half & Half :( @#$%^&*)

I didn't go up to the CL much. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Great job of conveying the joys of your cruise experience. It was a great read and I believe you could consider photo journalism. Since you have done both big ships as well as both

eastern and western trips, who gets the nod. OASIS/ALLURE

Hmmm. . .Thats a tough decision. . . though it appears (from what I've read) that Oasis will soon be "Allure-icized" with upgrades.

For Now I will stick with Allure of the Seas, with Oasis at a very close 2nd place !

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

I went to the Diamond Lounge ou tove convenience. . .it was right around the corner. . . (but they had no Half & Half :( @#$%^&*)

I didn't go up to the CL much. . .

Radio

;);)

NO HALF & HALF ... I'll start mutiny :D. Did you like the Allure better than the Oasis? Why?

Great job as always....are you still en route??? I saw that you hit KSC again too!

I made it home by noon, and now am ready for the rack !

I had to finalize my Enchantment Cruise in August !

Radio

;);)

Thanks cruzlover for the nice comments. . . . It turned out that Freedom was a no - go, so I will be going on a 9 Night Cruise from my favorite port. . . Baltimore (Because I live on 15 min away) :)

We will be going to Saint John, and I can't wait to go there. My Mom and Dad will also be sailing !

The crowds are where you will find them on any ship. . .Elevators before dinner or after a show, the Windjammer on Embarkation Day and late breakfast, and sunny days on the pool deck.

RCI does a great job with crowd control though. . .I was very pleased.

Radio

;);)

Welcome home Radio!

Just 15 min from any port would be awesome.....just a hours or so drive to any port.....I wouldn't be able to stand it!!! :D :eek:

Will be watching for your LIVE report.

Radio,

Thank you for the AWESOME pictures, you truly captured the beauty Allure! Your review was wonderful and would make anyone want to cruise! I enjoyed reliving a great week aboard the breathtaking Allure of the Seas!!! I'm sure I'll be revisiting your thread often to look at the pics. :)

Looking forward to my next cruise adventure!