"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Radio, did you find that the Solarium pool was just as crowded this day, or did you not happen to check?

Hmmm. . . I will get to my pics, and check.

Radio

;);)

Here are a few pics of my Cabin on Deck 6 (FWD/STB) 6568

Radio

Standard Balcony Cabin

C1.JPG

They changed the item on Allure of the Seas with the outlet under the table. . .

C3.JPG

To a double outlet on top of the desk. . . very smart !

C4.JPG

The bathroom was nice, though a little smaller than Voyager or Freedom Class ships.

C7.JPG

The shower was spacious

C9.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The sink was a little shallow. . .but very usable. . .

C10.JPG

I really loved the Balcony

C14.JPG

The large table was very nice. . .

C15.JPG

All Emerald, Diamond, D+ receive a Snack Basket at Embarkation in the Cabin

C29.JPG

Here is what was included

C30.JPG

Overall. . I thought the cabin was very nice !

C12.JPG

Great "Live from" as usual. Can't wait for my turn on July 3.

Did the ship remain on EDT the whole cruise?

Alan

Yes, EDT was "Ship" Time for the entire sailing. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio, did you find that the Solarium pool was just as crowded this day, or did you not happen to check?

I did not visit the Solarium on that hot day (Thursday), but I am sure it was similar. . . .

Radio

Here was Adventure Beach Pool on Thursday (Very crowded)

TR8.JPG

This picture was taken at the same pool on Monday (Much better)

C71.JPG

Vanessa - we must have been at the pool at different times ;) On sea days I found it difficult to find a chair by the pool so I could watch the kids while they swam. I guess our first sea day wasn't as bad as it was still kinda cold, but as we warmed up the pools were crazy busy!

I was shocked, too, by these photos. We sailed in March and never saw that many people in the pools. However, we could never get seats in the Solarium or around the beach pool. Wasn't a problem because we preferred to be up on the top deck (or on the sundeck on deck 14) away from the crowds.

This picture was taken at the same pool on Monday (Much better)

C71.JPG

BabyBerger, I was at the pool every sea day and never saw it more crowded than this picture above. Maybe I just had vacation brain and saw everything through rose colored glasses, but I don't think so! Perhaps it had to do with the pools we were hanging out by and the times of day?

Isn't that a bit much ? a picture of pizza toppings.

Totally agree. That's why I referred to the requests as unreasonable, unnecessary and unhealthy.

No need to sugarcoat it.

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

>>>>>

C30.JPG

There is a huge rise of people of all ages becoming allergic to nuts. They should probably modify this basket!

Looks yummy tho.

There are also a huge number of people allergic to dairy and gluten. I guess they should get rid of the cheese and crackers too. And lets not forget sulfites, so get rid of the dried fruit and the bottles of wine (for D+). What would be left to give? Oh, I guess it would be back to the pleather picture frame we all loved so much.

There are also a huge number of people allergic to dairy and gluten. I guess they should get rid of the cheese and crackers too. And lets not forget sulfites, so get rid of the dried fruit and the bottles of wine (for D+). What would be left to give? Oh, I guess it would be back to the pleather picture frame we all loved so much.

Yup, this is true, but the CDC reports a much larger increase of nut allergy, cant compare to dairy/gluten etc.

But people who are allergic to gluten aren't at risk of dying if they're just in the same room as gluten are they?

I like peanuts and other nuts as much as the next guy, but I can only imagine how difficult it is for someone who is allergic to nuts since they are everywhere, and some people have reactions so strong that just not eating or touching the food isn't enough to keep them safe. Just being in a room where there are nuts can be enough to send them into anaphylactic shock.

The nuts are in a plastic bag, so as long as it is not opened, there is no risk to someone with a severe allergy. My point is that there will be many people who can't eat some component of the gift package, no matter what they should decide to put in it.

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

C29.JPG

C30.JPG

wow that's nice for late nite snacks (for those of us who aren't allergic, of course)....all my favorites!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Free Rose Hall shuttles on the left, and Taxis on the right

W28.JPG

That's my husband and I walking in front of you. :-) I agree that Falmouth is going to be very nice once it is complete.

Great review, Radio! It was fun to read about the same cruise from a different perspective. Cruising with a 6 month old baby makes for a very different cruise experience. :-)

Here are a few more pics from Falmouth, Jamaica. . .

Radio

There were signs everywhere. . .

C42.jpg

The Allure of the Seas was definately the highest structure in Falmouth

C70.jpg

More Taxi Prices

C48.jpg

We had a nice exterior view of the Aquatheater Balconies. . .

C45.jpg

I should have known that Margaritaville would be in Falmouth, Jamaica

C44.jpg

We start to leave Jamaica, as the clouds come in. . .

C49.jpg

Edited by Radio

Still going strong! Your pictures are great. Do you have a link to all of your pictures, or are you just going to post the ones that you want?

I will be posting all albums. . . But it will take me a couple more days.

I have been working everyday since the cruise. . . I will be off on Mon- Tues, and hope to get it done by then ! Woo Hoo :)

Radio

;);)

Radio: Thank you again for taking the time to take the pictures, post them, get lots of information together for all the great CC folks. Also finally, THANK YOU for taking all the time once you return to organize all your pictures and give us the links so we can all check them out! (Especially when you have to go back to work! :eek:) Hopefully,one of these days, we will get to cruise along with you on the ship, rather than just "live" on CC!

I have had the honor of cruising with Trainman a couple years ago. You guys are so great to all us CC folks! WE LOVE YOU! :D :D

Edited by debshomespun

I have found that most ports on Oasis & Allure have long walkways to get off the dock. It does not look like this is true in Falmouth. Can you confirm. Thanks

Yes, that is correct. The shops will all ne -ON- the pier, so it wont be much of a walk. . .

Radio

;);)

Falmouth, Jamaica Pier

F2.jpg

Radio: Thank you again for taking the time to take the pictures, post them, get lots of information together for all the great CC folks. Also finally, THANK YOU for taking all the time once you return to organize all your pictures and give us the links so we can all check them out! (Especially when you have to go back to work! ) Hopefully,one of these days, we will get to cruise along with you on the ship, rather than just "live" on CC!

I have had the honor of cruising with Trainman a couple years ago. You guys are so great to all us CC folks! WE LOVE YOU!

Wow! Thank you, Thank You !

I am editing photos and captions daily (after work). . .and you should see most albums completed by Tuesday. . .(maybe Wednesday)

I literally have over 1800 pics, but will try to limit each Album to under 150. . .

Thanks again. . . Oh yeah, and then next weekend Iwill start on my Allureof the Seas 2011 Video !

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio