"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Radio,

Loved the review. You have me so looking forward to our cruise on the Allure in a month. Just a quick question, my daughter wanted to know if the pools are freshwater or saltwater. My preference is saltwater, but she prefers freshwater. Thanks again for all of the detailed info and great photos.

All Pools and Spas are freshwater on all Oasis Class, and Freedom Class ships. . . Thanks for the nice comments.:)

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I arrived at my hotel a few hours ago, but I was beat and need to take a little snooze.

Allure of the Seas made the 2nd final call for all passengers to head toward the gangwayat about 10:15AM.

I walked down to Deck 5 and found out that there were 120 passengers who were not going to leave today, but would stay on for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. That's something I would like to do one time.

I also found out that after me. . .they were still waiting for 82 more passengers to make their way down to the exit. I like it when I wait to get off of the ship. . .there are fewer lines! The lines inside of the Terminal were not bad. There were 14 Customs lines, that moved quickly.

I had to pay for parking ($19/day), and I wanted to go over to Midport Terminal 25, so I could get 1 last photo of Allure of the Seas.

Here are a few pics from debarkation. Over the next few days, I will re read the whole “LIVE” thread to see if there were any questions that I missed, or any request for pics that I forgot to post. I have 100’s of pics that have not been viewe yet, and after I sort the good and “not so good” pics I will be posting many more.

Radio

I didn’t want to think about Debarkation. . .but I guess it’s time to go.

L51.JPG

I walk down to the Customs / Immigration line

L54.JPG

There were only about 100 passengers in line in front of me.

L57.JPG

Bit there were several agents who processed the line quickly

L56.JPG

There will be 6000 new passengers about to be “Allured”

L60.JPG

Her beauty, charm, and friendly spirit will be enjoyed by many passengers this week !

L62.JPG

Edited by Radio

>SNIP<

Also do you happen to know what excursion is the Chankanaab park? Pondered the ruins, I would LOVE them but my wife and son would enjoy Chankanaab, from the looks of it MUCH better!

There are 3 different Excursions that you can book from the Ship. . .

I just took a cab there and paid the admission. . . It was a big money saver !

Radio

;);)

Thank you so much!!! This is my first "Radio's Live" review! I enjoyed it so much and felt like I was cruising along with you :) :p

Now you'll be a follower like the rest of us :D.

All Pools and Spas are freshwater on all Oasis Class, and Freedom Class ships. . . Thanks for the nice comments.:)

Radio

;);)

Thank you for the quick reply and thanks again for sharing your cruise with us. I can't wait for our turn on the Allure!

You mentioned earlier that Mrs Radio was not on this trip with you. Just curious, does she tune in to Cruise Critic to your LIVE post to see what she is missing?

Welcome home!! Have a safe trip back up North on the train.

You mentioned earlier that Mrs Radio was not on this trip with you. Just curious, does she tune in to Cruise Critic to your LIVE post to see what she is missing?

Welcome home!! Have a safe trip back up North on the train.

Had never thought of that. She can keep track of everything that he is doing!

Thank you again! I did a "live" cruise review on Rhapsody out of Galveston a few years ago. I enjoyed doing the reports and understand the time out of your vacation to do so! THANK YOU for taking every ONE of us along. Maybe I can return the favor again some day!

God bless your rest and return ride home!

Until next cruise!:D

That is so funny about Allen Brooks. We had him on Oasis in November and liked him the least of any CD we have ever had.

Allen Brooks is also my all time favorite CD. I have never heard anyone say they didnt like him. He is supposed to be CD on our June Oasis cruise and Im looking forward. I hope he hasnt changed... :rolleyes::eek::confused:

Thank you again! I did a "live" cruise review on Rhapsody out of Galveston a few years ago. I enjoyed doing the reports and understand the time out of your vacation to do so! THANK YOU for taking every ONE of us along. Maybe I can return the favor again some day!

Great. . .Are you doing a "LIVE" cruise soon ?

Radio

;);)

Sorry I missed your "live" thread. We were on the Rhapsody out of Galveston twice. Both wonderful experiences. Any way to archive these boards to pick it up?

Radio, continue to have safe travels home.

Radio ~ I found this thread at 8am this morning and it is now almost noon and my butt is totally asleep but I could not pull myself away. Outstanding! Oasis class are still a little pricey for our family but in a couple years I sure do hope to sail on both of them. :D:D Keep those pictures coming. Do you have one of the front of the chapel? The one you posted showed the chairs but not the front. I have a daughter who is 22 and mama keeps telling her she has to get married on a cruise ship. ;) Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into doing this for us. I really appreciate it.

E-Beth

There are 3 different Excursions that you can book from the Ship. . .

I just took a cab there and paid the admission. . . It was a big money saver !

Radio

;);).

THANKS for the info!

Did you happen to see HUGE lines at the excursion desk?

We are so ready for this cruise and your thread feed the need this week, but next week we are on the Allure!

THANKS for your taking the time out of your vacation in doing this thread!

Mark thanks for the post of your live cruise. I am glad that Brian and I got to spend time with you on the ship. I had lots of fun on this curise and meet so many nice people. We made it home at 11:30 last night and was in bed by midnight. 20 hours up with 8 hours of that flying time, the bed felt great. Maybe you can do the March 17, 2012 with us. LOL

Hi Radio, Enjoyed reviewing the cruise today after cruising with you this week. Saw you briefly at the M&M. A few of us did a cabin crawl after. I plan to do a mini review on just the highlights for us. Thanks for posting all the pics. Somehow I missed the captains corner but hit most of the other highlights. Look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures.

Mark thanks for the post of your live cruise. I am glad that Brian and I got to spend time with you on the ship. I had lots of fun on this curise and meet so many nice people. We made it home at 11:30 last night and was in bed by midnight. 20 hours up with 8 hours of that flying time, the bed felt great. Maybe you can do the March 17, 2012 with us. LOL

Thanks Chet. . .It was nice to meet you and your son on Allure. It was nice to have dinner with you as well. . .

I just boarded the AutoTrain, and after dinner, I will try to get a few more pics up. . .

I was able to stop today at Kennedy Space Center before going to the Train station. Pics from there will be coming soon. . .

Radio

;);)