"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

I have been off the CC boards for a few years and when I log back in what is the first thing I find? That Radio is still going strong!

I still have the thread Theron put together years ago booked marked with the links to your 'Live Posting's'

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=399419

We are sailing the FOS in Sept, do you have a 'Live from the FOS' the wifester can watch an read?

Radio has one from 2009. Click on Albums in his signature and then Live from at the top. Also, Trainman-2 has a similar thread from two weeks ago

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1410254

Radio, you and another CC member mention that Seafood Shack may be changed to Rita's Catina on the Oasis. Do you have any idea when this may happen? Will they wait until Oasis is in drydock, and, if so, when will that be?

Radio, you and another CC member mention that Seafood Shack may be changed to Rita's Catina on the Oasis. Do you have any idea when this may happen? Will they wait until Oasis is in drydock, and, if so, when will that be?

I heard that it was being discussed, and may happen soon. Dry dock would not be for a while.

Radio

;);)

Radio, as many others have said, we have really enjoyed your LIVE report.

Sad to see it come to an end for you.

Radio, I enjoyed your video, what editing software do you use?

Were you solo or did Mrs Radio come along this time?

Have a wonderful journey back home on the auto train, after all the entertaining of us here on CC it maybe a good time to get some rest!!

Radio, Radio, Radio---found your LIVE posting on your last night and you were probably writing your posting above as I was reading your week. WOW! Bleary eyed but excited to see the Allure in October on the same Western Itinerary. THANKS!!!

Radio, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your vacation with us. I'm one year out this week and it has really helped boost my anticipation and get me and my family excited about our upcoming sailing!

Thank You again….SOOOOO very Much!!!

Radio, I am SO glad to hear you liked the food in the MDR, did you try breakfast? Also are there large windows with tables in the MDR?

LOVED every pic and post, we are 7 days out until our trip, missed you by 2 weeks.......................

Next time and THANKS!

Also do you happen to know what excursion is the Chankanaab park? Pondered the ruins, I would LOVE them but my wife and son would enjoy Chankanaab, from the looks of it MUCH better!

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Here it is, your last day on Allure and I made it to the "awake state" before you. Just getting ready to go to work and had to give you one last on-board holler.

My friend, you have done one of the best jobs ever at what you do best, taking us all with you on a cruise. Hope to be with you soon and share a cigar, real or bubble gum.

Ken

Good Morning Radio, I watched Allure come into the channel on the Port Canaveral web cam. Happy Trails and thanks for the webpost this week. It was fun reading everyday.

Cheers

I love to visit the Solarium in the morning. . .

It is so peaceful, and very serene

I absolutely love going to the solarium early in the morning after I have picked up a cup of coffee from the Cafe Promenade. It is my most peaceful part of the day aboard ship.

I heard that it was being discussed, and may happen soon. Dry dock would not be for a while.

Radio

;);)

I hope they change the Seafood Shack to Rita's Cantina since I didn't like the Shack at all...

Good morning everyone. . . We are in Fort Lauderdale ! We actually arrived at about 5AM, and the first passenger started Express Debarkation 1t about 6AM.

I didn’t realize that Café Promenade. And Starbucks would not be open today. . .Oh my goodness. . .what is one to do. I walked up to the CL on Deck 11 to get my java, and hopped up to the Windjammer on Deck 16.

I was there early, and we were already docked….but the WJ was very quiet. I am sure it will be jam packed in an hour.

I will try to get some pics of different cabins that are on my list, and I will begin debarkation between 10:15 and 10:30.

I have lots and lots of pics to post, and Compasses to scan and post. The scanning will not begin until Wednesday, but I will try to post a few more pics when I get to my Hotel tonight.

Well, I am not sure who the author is. . .But the quote fits. . .

“As guests must go, I guess I shall”

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Here are a few pics of our arrival.

Radio

Seeing the Debarkation portal makes me feel a little sad. . .

SU2.JPG

But I start to smile again when I see this.

SU3.JPG

We enter Port Everglades slowly, as we pass the 17th St Bridge

SU4.JPG

We see Terminal 18, and she will be waking up soon.

SU5.JPG

Shhhh. . .It is very quiet on my last day in the Windjammer.

SU9.JPG

The sun is coming up. . . I guess I should start packing now !

SU10.JPG

Radio - Thanks so much for taking all the time and effort of posting such an amazing review and awesome photos for everyone to enjoy while onboard the Allure. Can't wait for our cruise in October!! :D

I have really enjoyed your posts this week (especially Falmouth). I am glad I stumbled across your website. Have been on the Oasis and loved it. Only one minor complaint. The Windjammer does not seem to have the seating capacity for a ship this size.

"I didn’t realize that Café Promenade. And Starbucks would not be open today. . .Oh my goodness. . .what is one to do. I walked up to the CL on Deck 11 to get my java, and hopped up to the Windjammer on Deck 16."

I wonder if this means that Park Cafe is closed also on departure day. I was planning on getting my coffee there.....

"I didn’t realize that Café Promenade. And Starbucks would not be open today. . .Oh my goodness. . .what is one to do. I walked up to the CL on Deck 11 to get my java, and hopped up to the Windjammer on Deck 16."

I wonder if this means that Park Cafe is closed also on departure day. I was planning on getting my coffee there.....

Park Cafe is open. :)

I believe the venues on the promenade are closed in order to keep congestion to a minimum.

Park Cafe is open. :)

I believe the venues on the promenade are closed in order to keep congestion to a minimum.

Thanks Michele! Our cabin in on Deck 8 midship so we plan on going to there most days for breakfast and the last day is the most important to avoid crowds.....

Leaving for the port shortly.....:D