"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

>SNIP< We are thinking of booking the Allure for a future cruise....will u be doing a video on you tube of the central park, promenade area etc and also is there a coach bag shop onboard or is that on the oasis. I do hope you will b e doing a video but if not I have to say I have very much enjoyed your review. You and Trainman between the 2 of you keep my cruise fix going until my next vacation. Thanks again from accross the pond in the good old UK.........Karen

Yes, I have alot more pics to post, and I will be making another Video. . .It may take a little while though. Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Great review. I have ejoyed reading your live reports before and after returning from work.

Also someone mentioned that you post video on You Tube. Is that correct and if it is do you have a link that we can view them at?

Enjoy your last day sea day and thanks again for taking all of us on your cruise.

All I can say is that I HOPE my couple weeks on Oasis in January don't go as fast as this week seemed to have gone for you Radio!! Thanks so much

I haven't been to Cozumel in years either and can't believe all the changes. Sooo excited to figure things out for excursions and what not.

Thanks again for the time and energy you have put forward to getting this all on here so we can "travel" along with you.

Safe travels home!!

Radio:

Great trip report. I have read one or two of your reports before & have always found them to be very informative.

The pictures are just beautiful. The ones off the balcony & the sunrise shots, make me smile (as early morning is my favorite time on a cruise or land vacation) & I will be looking forward to cruising Allure very soon. Oh...thanks for the explanations on posting pics & camera info. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.:)

Q: What would you say is your favorite spot on the Allure & why?

Allure of the Seas is greeted by a morning sunrise. . .

SA4.JPG

PURE PERFECTION.. SIGH

Did you encounter any large crowds/lines or was there a nice flow? I've heard how crowded the WJ gets even though there are many other eateries to choose from. I'll be sorry to see my virtual cruise come to an end tomorrow but I look forward to your Allure video. Have smooth sails for the rest of the day and into tomorrow AM and PLEASE let us know when we can cruise with you again.

Good Morning, Radio!!

I keep thinking about those "Wine Dispensers". Personally, I dont like the idea. I want someone to pour my drink for sure!

Did you see them being used frequently?

I will find out more details on them. . .

Radio

;);)

I have been off the CC boards for a few years and when I log back in what is the first thing I find? That Radio is still going strong!

I still have the thread Theron put together years ago booked marked with the links to your 'Live Posting's'

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=399419

We are sailing the FOS in Sept, do you have a 'Live from the FOS' the wifester can watch an read?

Wonderful LIVE thread, Radio! Can't believe I'm just finding it today!

Would you mind if I used a few of your Labadee photos for my family website if I credit you? We have two family cruises planned for next year (Allure and Liberty) stopping in Labadee and only my husband and myself have been. I thought it would be a treat if they could "preview" the island through your eyes. :)

Thanks again for all you do for our Cruise Critic community!!! LOVE your reviews!

If I were you, I would keep the Aquatheater suite. You can have an Owner's Suite in any ship, but only on the Oasis class you'll be able to experience the Aquatheater Suite.

Thank you Titissa. I never thought of it that way. You are so right! We have sailed in Royal suite, Presidential suite and Owner suite. This class of ship will be the only chance we get to sail in the Aquatheater suite. We will just keep the suite. We chose deck 9 over deck 8 thinking that being a little bit higher up will be less noisy. Am I wrong?

Thanks again for your imput!

Hi Radio,

I can't believe 7 days went by so fast! Every morning I checked in to see your new photos and live report with my coffee. I can't wait to see your video for Allure and all the photos that you will be posting. Have a safe trip back home!

Hello everyone. . .Today has been a busy day. . . I have been non stop all day. Now is the time to stop, sit down, and enjoy a Grande Pike’s Place Roast. I went to the Captains Corner in the AquaTheater, a Backstage tour in the Allure Theater, a Galley Tour in the Adagio MDR (Deck 3), and I just returned from Giovanni’s Table for lunch.

I still plan on viewing Blue Planet, and the Flash Mob Dance at 5:30. I would also like to see the “Nightcap Special” at Jazz on 4 tonight, and the Smooth Sailing Duo in the Viking Crown Lounge. . .phew. . . I hope I can stay up for that.

I think I need to be on a back to back Cruise on Allure just to see the things I want to see. . .Hmmm. . . No, maybe next time.

The sun was out all day, and we had a cool breeze. The temps got up to about 88F, so it was pretty warm up on the top decks.

I think that in order to become a Crew Member on Allure, you must first graduate from the “Smile and be Friendly” University. Yes that’s right. . .everyone smiles, and everyone is friendly. . . . Someone must get unhappy at times, but I don’t see it. Maybe the crew thinks that if they are nice to passengers, and are always smiling will make the cruise for them will be a better cruise.

Hmmm . . .that just makes really good sense. Well I am here to say that the crew of the Allure of the Seas may just be the most courteous, and happy crew that I have experienced in a while.

Here are some pics from this afternoon. . .I still plan on posting tonight, and I still plan on getting as many pics as I can from other cabins tomorrow morning (before they start yelling my name!)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

I was up on the public balcony above the AquaTheater Suites watching Captains Corner.

SA27.JPG

They answered many passengers questions about the what, why, and how of Allure of the Seas.

SA28.JPG

It’s not the highest level of the ship, but it offers some great views.

SA26.JPG

About 80 D+ Members were invited to a Back stage tour in the Allure Theater.

SA31.JPG

Members from the Cast of “Chicago”, and “Blue Planet” talked about performing their roles, and answered a lot of questions.

SA32.JPG

The Boardwalk was a very sunny place this afternoon.

SA41.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more pics from today. . .I will try to get a few more tonight. I still have a few minutes from my Internet package. . . .

Radio

The Adagio Restaurant (Deck 3)

SA40.JPG

The Master Pastry Chef was explaining how a Culinary Federation of America onboard testing many of their crew who have been training for weeks to get Certified.

SA35.JPG

These desserts were being prepared for tonight’s Dinner ! Mmm. . .It looks tasty.

SA36.JPG

We were told how 100% of the Pastry items, are prepared on board.

SA37.JPG

OK. . .these are almost all done. . .I would like to try one ? The Pastry Chef said we can all try one. . .Tonight at dinner.

SA38.JPG

I have dined here all week. I enjoyed every meal. . .

SA39.JPG

Edited by Radio

Enyoyed followering along with you on this cruise. Thanks for posting and taking the time out of your vacation to keep us all up to date and posting pics. Have a safe trip home.

Edited by setsail

Here are a few more. . . More pics this afternoon!

Here is our Current Location. . .

SAMAP2.jpg

Radio - Do you have a special set of maps with Street Atlas to get the oceans or is that standard?

Thanks....Have really enjoyed your pictures.

Radio - Do you have a special set of maps with Street Atlas to get the oceans or is that standard?

Thanks....Have really enjoyed your pictures.

No, this is the standard Street Atlas package. . .You can get better software but is is very pricey !

Radio

;);)

Thank you Titissa. I never thought of it that way. You are so right! We have sailed in Royal suite, Presidential suite and Owner suite. This class of ship will be the only chance we get to sail in the Aquatheater suite. We will just keep the suite. We chose deck 9 over deck 8 thinking that being a little bit higher up will be less noisy. Am I wrong?

Good for you! I'm sure you'll enjoy your suite life ;). Have a wonderful cruise!

We have deck 8 booked for this year and deck 9 booked for next year. I think deck 8 will have a little more noise from the rock climbing and I guess a little easier for people to look up or over to. There are 5 of us (3 adults, 2 children) sailing this year so we opted for a bit more room, but then decided for next year to go up a deck to 9 since there are only 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children), we thought about deck 10 but decided against it because deck 11 is public and anyone could be looking over to our deck :eek: LOL!