"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

I would say so. Did you see the price for a round trip to Ocho Rios...$180.00.:rolleyes:

I did see the price to OR too. Oy!

Im wondering if anyone has ever taken the FREE shuttle to Rose Hall Shoppes and then a 2 mintue taxi to Iberostar? It HAS TO BE cheaper to take a taxi a mile from the shoppes to Iberostar then $40 each way for the four of us to get to Iberostar.

has anyone done this?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=832267309#!/home.php?sk=group_172527479431415

Radio, thank you again so much for taking the time out of your vacation to share your trip with all of us. I was so hesitant to sail on Oasis or Allure because of the size but I have to say seeing the ship through your eyes has me very excited for our upcoming trip. Thank you so much for posting the pictures and information on Falmouth. We were going to stay on the ship but after seeing your pictures we will definitely venture off. Enjoy your relaxing day at sea! Wanda

"What a great idea. Individual Glass of Wine dispenser. . .Just slide your Sea Pass Card."

WHAT?

I hope they don’t add a 15 % tip for self service wine and how do they check for underage drinking if a kid has his mom‘s Sea Pass Card? I don’t see this as a great idea only as a reduced numbers of bar staff.

steve

The sun is coming up over the Caribbean this morning. . .we are is store for another sunny day

TH21.JPG

This is definitely one of your best pictures! I need to find a way to make this the background on desktop and my screen saver...

So, if I understand well, do you use 2 different devices? I use a Garmin GPSmap 60Cx for work. I'm a geographer. I love transforming my trips to kmz. Have you got, by any chance, the Eastern Caribbean cruise in any format? That would be amazing!

Yes, I use the LT40 for my locations and the more detail Garmin for waypoints, and Nav Aids.

Garmin will record all travel to the .kmz format. You can export the gile to Google Earth or Google Maps. You must however, have it on and in place for the whole cruise in order to see a "track" of what your route was. I have done it before, but I now just use it for location.

Radio

;);)

Radio, what software program or picture program do u use to post such large pics? I keep having to shrink mine so they meet cruisecritic's requirements. Thanks. Or do u just download you photos to a website and upload from there?

Never use the Cruise Critic attachment feature. . . Just us any photo editing software (I use MS Office Picture Mgr), and load them to your favorite on line photo gallery. . .Fotki, Webshots, or photobucket. I use my own server.

You should use the Photo Test forum on Cruise Critic to try it out.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

This is how I post all pics to Cruise Critic.

1. All photos are first posted to my Photo Page. (Maximum 800x600. . .if larger -please resize)

2. I then begin a CC Post, and click on -POST REPLY-

3. I click on the Icon at the top of the Dialog Box that

is titled -INSERT IMAGE-

4. I open a photo from my Photo Page, and click on Properties...

5. I copy the properties from the photo and paste them into the

box that appears when you select -Insert Image_

6. I then click on -Submit Reply-

Radio

;);)

The Sports Pool last night was all lit up !

TH1.JPG

Edited by Radio

The self-serve wine dispensers are just outside the main dining room on decks four and five. I can't remember if that area is locked before dinner. During dinner there is always a crew member around, so I doubt anyone under age could get away with much.

I think there was a wine dispenser like that is in Vintages, too. We were there only one time -- so much to see and do. If Vintages is one of your favorite places, it's in Central Park. It was pretty empty, because, like me, I think most people think it's on the Royal Promenade and not search it out. It was a beautiful room, however.

Other than long cabin hallways, Allure doesn't seem much bigger than any other ship. It's laid out so well. And so smooth! You have to look at the ocean to see that you're actually moving (except for the days it was super windy).

Here are a few more pics from last night and this morning. . .

It's time for Starbucks. . . then lunch !

Radio

I was able to check out the Pinnacle Lounge up on Deck 17 (early this morning)

TH3.JPG

Earlier in the week, the Pinnacle Chapel was used for 7 Weddings

TH4.JPG

Diving class was being help in the Aquatheater Pool this morning

TH46.JPG

The Jogging Track 9AFT) on Deck 5 shows how beautiful the seas are today

TH48.JPG

Coming back to my cabin this morning was nice. . . Here was my view

TH50.JPG

With blue skies, and blue seas. . .we are pleasured with this voyage on Allure of the Seas

TH51.JPG

Edited by Radio

The beach is Barefoot Beach. . .Columbus Cove beach is very similar.

Radio

;);)

Thank you! Columbus Cove it is (for now- I am a lowly platinum;)).

And thank you for sharing your cruise with us. Your pictures have me very excited to try the Oasis class.

Have a great cruise!

Sorry, they did not appear to provide that access and are were no spots available for a wheelchair or scooter. . .

There are other tours that you get get from RCI that are accessible. The Explorations staff will have a list of all accessible excursions.

Radio

;);)

Thank you for the info. Love your photos and review. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Suz

Never use the Cruise Critic attachment feature. . . Just us any photo editing software (I use MS Office Picture Mgr), and load them to your favorite on line photo gallery. . .Fotki, Webshots, or photobucket. I use my own server.

You should use the Photo Test forum on Cruise Critic to try it out.

Radio

;);)

The importance of the bolded section above cannot be overstated... Most of the free public image repositories will work just fine for posting photos here...

However!

One day, when someone buys out that service, and decides to change the name of the web site, your photo links in the posts on those old threads will die, and the photos will no longer work.

That is the advantage, and almost necessity, of using a domain name that you own and control. That is the only way to guarantee that the name and the directory structure you set up to host the photos will never change.

You may not recall, but many of Radio's earliest LIVE threads no longer have photos, because the service he initially used went out of business, and it is simply impossible (even if Cruise Critic would allow it) to go back and edit all those posts to update the image locations.

Something to keep in mind if you wish to post pictures that you hope will stick around for a long time.

Theron

Day 5! Good Grief!!!

I can't believe we only have 2 more days of our cruise-along with Radio.

No we're good. . . Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sunday !:D:D

I have to stretch out my week. . .:o

Radio

;);)

>SNIP<

You may not recall, but many of Radio's earliest LIVE threads no longer have photos, because the service he initially used went out of business, and it is simply impossible (even if Cruise Critic would allow it) to go back and edit all those posts to update the image locations.

Something to keep in mind if you wish to post pictures that you hope will stick around for a long time.

Theron

Yes. . .Theron, I used to use Club Photo as my host, but I woke up one morning, and Poof ! they were put of business. . .Ouch.

I then started to use another company. . .One that would not go out of business. . .Sony ImageStation. . . .After 3 months they suggested that they were no longer going to host images. . .

So. . .I now use my own server, and Fotki (the worlds largest) hosts my albums. . . Hopefully they will stay around.

If not. . .all is good I keep the originals of every image I take on a 2TB Ext Drive.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Hi Radio,

Thanks so much for your review. As with so many of us, I always look forward to your live cruise reviews and appreciate your time, the posts, the pictures, and your opinions, stories, and commentary.

I saw someone mention it the other day, and I had a similar question. I was wondering if you could take a picture of the calypso band by the pool, and if possible, and pictures of any of the other bands on board. I'm curious how the live music is in terms of quantity and quality, as we love listening to the different talented bands throughout the ship when cruising. There's nothing like laying by the pool or walking on deck with the calypso band playing by the pool! If you have any information on the bands on this ship or others, I'd love to hear. Some lines invest in this and it is noticed and appreciated and returned through additional business such as RCCL and NCL, and others which do not invest as much no longer have us and others cruising with them.

Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Hi Radio,

I am glued to my computer reading your wonderful review and looking at your beautiful photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it!

Have you heard of or seen a special breakfast area in the MDR for D+ (and higher I guess) members where they serve specialty coffees for free? I have heard of this on other RCL ships, but have never seen it and don't know if Allure has it.

Thank you in advance, and if you don't find out, don't worry, I know you are very busy!

I love your positive attitude and love of life and crusing that you share with us!

Barbara

Hi Radio,

I am glued to my computer reading your wonderful review and looking at your beautiful photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it!

Have you heard of or seen a special breakfast area in the MDR for D+ (and higher I guess) members where they serve specialty coffees for free? I have heard of this on other RCL ships, but have never seen it and don't know if Allure has it.

Thank you in advance, and if you don't find out, don't worry, I know you are very busy!

I love your positive attitude and love of life and crusing that you share with us!

Barbara

On Allure & Oasis it is served in the CL.

Hi Radio,

Barbara

Barbara - since you are D+ there is a lovely breakfast and a lunch served up in the Concierge Lounge. It is a selective menu, but wonderful. They will serve specialty coffees, juice, etc and at lunch you can even ask for a beer or a glass of wine.:)

Mark..do NOT touch ANY buttons whilst on the bridge tour!!:D:p

AND....we will have to set up a "meeting" in the official meeting place to have a photo tutorial...unless i figure it out by then! lol

Lovely photos as always.....