"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Hi Radio,

Thanks for the pictures of Falmouth, they are great.

I would like to have some informations on the trolley ride. Did you book it

with the ship or not? If not, how much was the ride and did you took it

directly at the pier?

It is inside the Port Authority grounds. . . Just walk about 50yds from the ship, and Purchase your ticket for $10. Bring some cold water with you (The charge $2 for a 14oz bottle) There are signs everywhere. . .

I did not book it with the ship.

Radio

;);)

W21.JPG

Edited by Radio

I will try to get some pics of many cabins. . . but I will be unable to get any until debarkation. . .

Then I run around taking as many pics as I can before they throw me off !

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio! By the way, could you get a picture of the Central Park Room balcony, because it is one of the rooms with the extra large balcony and I would like to see what it looks like, as well as the Junior Suite balcony? Take these pictures only if you can, because I don't want to hear about our beloved Radio being kicked off the ship for trying to wrestle a crew member just to take a photo for a CC member.:D:eek::o:)

Best Quote of the week: From Captain Zini " We're getting ready to leave in just a few minutes. . .I have to find my keys"

LOL, good one!! :D LOVE your photos, Radio! Allure in the background of Falmouth buildings- amazing!

The closest (safe) beach is a 15 min ride from the port.

Radio, can you elaborate?

Do you mean "public beach"? Does "safe" mean from crime or undertow?

I'm really looking forward to visiting Time 'n Place when in Falmouth and my understanding is the complex/beach is only a mile or two from the Falmouth port. The pictures show and the reviews describe a pristine white sand beach and relatively calm waters. Sure, it costs $10 to get in, but if it's only 5 minutes away than it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Do you think the people you were talking to could have overlooked this spot when talking to you about the closest beaches?

Here are just a couple more from today. . . I will have many more to post throughout the week. . .

Best Quote of the week: From Captain Zini " We're getting ready to leave in just a few minutes. . .I have to find my keys"

Radio

Love your review and the great photos, and was pleasantly surprised at how much progress has been made in Falmouth. Admittedly there is much remaining to be done, but even before it is finished it looks to be a much more attractive port area than either Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. Price for bus to the Hip Strip in MoBay didn't seem too much out of line.

Love the Allure and Captain Zini but he needs to get some new material. I have heard that line about finding the keys on my last several cruises with different captains. LOL

Looking forward to more of your posts.

We cruised on the Allure on the 1st May and already on your first few pages of review I found things we never discovered while we were there. It is such an amazing ship that there is just too much to find in one trip. Would dearly love to go back next year. Where was the wine that you could swipe your card to get a glass of wine?? Thanks for the review enabling us to re-live our experience for a little longer. :)

I have read about the famous “Scotchies” Jerk Chicken. . . I am now a fan of their cooking. It was wonderful (only $7-¼ Chicken)

W18.JPG

We were going to drive to Ochi for Scotchies.....it's good to know we can get it at the Port.

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 5 of “LIVE” from Allure of the Seas.

We are currently about 340 nm from our next port, Cozumel, Mexico. We are about 15nm South of Grand Cayman. The forecast for today is sunny and warm (86F) with light winds. Today is our day at sea, before we arrive in Cozumel tomorrow. . .

I was able to watch the “How to Train your Dragon” Ice show last night after dinner, and it was very good. Studio B was packed, but you do not need a reservation for this show. It is a great family show, based on the Dreamworks animated film (of the same title)

I also attended the “Top Tier” Event in the Amber show lounge. It was hosted by the Loyalty Ambassador for all Crown &Anchor Members that have reached Platinum, and above. The drinks were flowing, and the offered Champagne, wine, rum punch, and Margaritas. It seemed that passengers were ordering from the waiters on board because I saw several draft beers, and sodas being served as well. Captain Zini, the Loyalty Ambassador, and Hotel Director. There were over 1000 passengers invited to this event.

We were also entertained by the delightful sounds of “Mosaic” who made a special performance for all of the Platinum, Emerald, D, D+, Pinnacle members on board. They will be the Headliner act for 2 shows tonight. . .

It was a nice event, and I am sure that every passenger was pleased with event.

I walked around the ship this morning as I always do, and I am able to see things that maybe I miss during the events of the day. I always try to have by camera ready, because you never know when you may come across something that you might want to take a photo of. . .I have dozens of pics form early morning walks this week, and I will be able to post some here and there, and probably even after debarkation on Sunday.

I have a Bridge Tour today at 3, and will provide photos of that this afternoon. Here are a few pics from last night and this morning. I will have more pics to post later this morning.

Thanks for the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The Rising Tide Bar area in the Royal Promenade early this morning

TH18.JPG

How to Train your Dragon Show in Studio B last night.

W72.JPG

The story, sound and scenery was very good. . .I recommend this!

W73.JPG

The Amber Theater was filling up for the Crown and Anchor “Top Tier Event”

W74.JPG

Mosaic performed for the C&A members last night

W77.JPG

The sun is coming up over the Caribbean this morning. . .we are is store for another sunny day

TH21.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here is our location. . . (I use Delorme Street Atlas Software, with a Delorme LT30 GPS tethered to my Laptop, and a Garmin GPSmap 76CSx)

Radio

;);)

Our current Location

TH2A.jpg

Edited by Radio

Hi Radio,

Loving your review and photos, can you tell me if the trolley is Handicap accessible?

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Suz

Sorry, they did not appear to provide that access and are were no spots available for a wheelchair or scooter. . .

There are other tours that you get get from RCI that are accessible. The Explorations staff will have a list of all accessible excursions.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

wow !!! Luvin' this, Radio, thanks so much! A big hug to you, and a kiss to your cheek. I'm so glad you are my friend. Maybe, one day, I will have the pleasure of meeting you in person. On board I hope. Thanks !!!!!!!

xxx

Thanks donamae. . .There is much more to come !

Radio

;);)

Great information on Falmouth, thanks!! Sounds like 24 shops will be open when we stop there in June.

You are right Mark, the prices for the JUTA Taxi cabs is high. I wish Iberostar was a short walk from Rose Hall shops, instead of paying $80 for transportation.

Great pics, excellent review! :);)

I would say so. Did you see the price for a round trip to Ocho Rios...$180.00.:rolleyes:

Love your review and the great photos, and was pleasantly surprised at how much progress has been made in Falmouth. Admittedly there is much remaining to be done, but even before it is finished it looks to be a much more attractive port area than either Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. Price for bus to the Hip Strip in MoBay didn't seem too much out of line.

Love the Allure and Captain Zini but he needs to get some new material. I have heard that line about finding the keys on my last several cruises with different captains. LOL

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Maybe the captains have started taking classes with the cruise directors.

Ken Rush is the CD at this time but not sure when he leaves. He is not my favorite, would have rather had Allen Brooks! Although Ken gave us a shout out on his Morning Rush show on our 30th Anniversary, thanks to our daughters!!!

Who do you talk to get an anniversary shout out? I want to do that for my parents 50th anniversary

I use Delorme Street Atlas Software, with a Delorme LT30 GPS tethered to my Laptop, and a Garmin GPSmap 76CSx.

So, if I understand well, do you use 2 different devices? I use a Garmin GPSmap 60Cx for work. I'm a geographer. I love transforming my trips to kmz. Have you got, by any chance, the Eastern Caribbean cruise in any format? That would be amazing!

Radio, what software program or picture program do u use to post such large pics? I keep having to shrink mine so they meet cruisecritic's requirements. Thanks. Or do u just download you photos to a website and upload from there?

Radio, what software program or picture program do u use to post such large pics? I keep having to shrink mine so they meet cruisecritic's requirements. Thanks. Or do u just download you photos to a website and upload from there?

Radio uses MS office Picture manager. Easiest to reduce size, offline.

==============================

And, Good Morning, Mark!!! I can NOT beleive it is already DAY 5.

My FAVORITE view to wake up to!!

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 5 of “LIVE” from Allure of the Seas.>>>>>

TH21.jpg

I can stare at this all day. :)

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ