Riedel's Wine Glass Comparative Workshop

Gibbs1984

I've done the workshop before and it was great--love the glasses. I've signed up (and paid) again at this price for our November TA. I would appreciate any additional information anyone might receive; maybe someone would report back on the reality of the situation after your cruise. I figure there is no reason to call Celebrity; they never seem to agree on answers to my questions.

Just in case they are doing a bait and switch, I have printed the purchase confirmation page from the "manage my reservation" section. It clearly says we get a set of glasses. Celebrity will honor that, I am sure, as to do otherwise would raise too much of a stink on these pages and in the guest services on the ship. Riedel is subsidizing these workshops for sure so the net out of pocket to Celebrity for the glasses is low.

I printed the purchase confirmation from their website ja payment confirmation from my email for just in case. It is clearly said on both documents that glasses are included in the price.

It can be of course their mistake but they still need to provide glasses. They can't change price either because they don't reserve right to it on our confirmation. :)

I just booked the workshop this morning for our upcoming Summit cruise. The price was $34.50 for the 2 of us ($15 pp plus gratuity). I have been considering the workship for awhile but wasn't sure I wanted to spend so much given that we already purchased drink packages. The "new" price is a great deal if we get the glasses. I printed out the confirmation and hoping not to have to do battle to get them.

Nope, but I'm told you won't be getting any glasses for $17.25. Per Celebrity, this is a new "tasting only" option. The package with the glasses is (or will be) $89 and can only be booked on board.

(I am just conveying what I was told. If it turns out to be wrong, well, it wouldn't be the first time.! :))

I am sure that you are correct in the pricing. From what I saw, prices start at $17.25.

I've been following this thread for several weeks. Just checked again and it still says $82.50 and when I click to purchase, the price is $87 per person. :confused:

Has anyone seen this reduced price on cruises for next year, or are they limited, so far, to this year?

Thanks for the heads up. Just got done booking ours for our Nov. Eclipse cruise.

We have done this workshop before thru our local winery. Excellent workshop. We could definately tell the difference.

Looking forward to adding to our glass collection.:)

mpbmark,

Are you in the "manage my reservation" under your "My Celebrity" account? If so, it is under the beverage packages.

Laura

Yep, just checked again. Went into ressy and to Bev Pack, Reidel and tried to purchase. Checked the box for both of us to attend and total was $184. :eek: I'll keep watching and maybe it will come down.

Yep, just checked again. Went into ressy and to Bev Pack, Reidel and tried to purchase. Checked the box for both of us to attend and total was $184. :eek: I'll keep watching and maybe it will come down.

That is odd because I booked it this morning (for 2 of us) and the total was $34.50. Maybe it is pricing out differently for 2011 vs 2012 cruises?

That is odd because I booked it this morning (for 2 of us) and the total was $34.50. Maybe it is pricing out differently for 2011 vs 2012 cruises?

That's what I'm thinking. I'll keep checking as I still, unfortunately :(, have a long time to go.

I just tried to "book" this for our 6/12 cruise and it doesn't even show prices:eek:

I had no problems booking it for our 11/11 cruise.

I think you are correct about next year's cruises. As a matter of fact, it didn't show any prices for any of the bev options.

Maria

I also think that we were supposed to cruise together next year on RCCL doing the Pacfic. If I remember, you cancelled and booked something else.

We ended up canceling too and rebooked on X doing the Baltics in June. It was to be our first time trying Celebrity but we cheated and booked a cruise for this Nov. to "check out the ship" before we are on the Eclipse for 14 days.

Any excuse for a cruise;)

Maria

The other day I checked for the Reidel package to sign up, as my husband sells Reidel and wanted me to go to a seminar. I was ready to pay the $82, but the "Purchase Now" toggle did not appear on Manage My Reservation for our 8/28 sailing. I called Celebrity and even the customer service rep was not able to make the reservation. She said I should reserve upon boarding.

After reading this thread I just went to Manage My Reservation and the Purchase Now toggle now appears for $15/PP!!...:eek: So I booked it. Will be interesting to see what happens b/c I'm not even sure how you do a decent wine tasting for$15, much less give away stemware.

Have read on our Roll Call thread the reason the price is now $15/£10.70 is because Reidel have a problem with their production and Celebrity cannot get the glasses so the price has been adjusted accordingly to exclude the glasses which are normally given out in the seminar.

I just booked this for my husband and me. $34.50 for the two of us and it does state the following on my confirmation:

An invitation to the Riedel Wine Glass Workshop with the time, date and location will be provided in your stateroom upon arrival, along with a coupon to redeem your Riedel Tasting Set on-line through our Celebrity Vineyards website.

On the Beverages web page:

Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop

Conducted by highly-trained Celebrity sommeliers, this seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. The wines are transferred into each glass to illustrate how the aromas and flavors of the wine change from glass to glass. Participants receive a set of Riedel stemware to take or ship home (shipping not included).

*Starting from: 15.00 USD Per Package

If anything, Celebrity will need to provide an equivalent in stemware. They advertise the stemware IS included, therefore, they need to fulfill their agreement, just as we fullfill our agreement of payment and follow their cancellation policy.

Monica

I believe that people are really missing the

*pricing starts at $17.00

All of Celebrity's beverage package options state "starting at ..." For the Riedel workshop on My Reservations section, it states: *Starting from: 15.00 USD Per Package. When I went to book it, it only gave me one option, the $15 pp workshop. There are no "tiers" or options for with or without glasses, so I am not sure what I am missing. Could you elaborate?

All of Celebrity's beverage package options state "starting at ..." For the Riedel workshop on My Reservations section, it states: *Starting from: 15.00 USD Per Package. When I went to book it, it only gave me one option, the $15 pp workshop. There are no "tiers" or options for with or without glasses, so I am not sure what I am missing. Could you elaborate?

Nope, there are no "tiers" just the one price.