Riedel's Wine Glass Comparative Workshop

Gibbs1984

No arguments here!

I booked it myself this morning for my cruise in 2 weeks, interested to see how this pans out.

Regards

Knights

Oh good. Please remember to come back and let us know. My cruise isn't until November and since DH doesn't drink, I will probably cancel if the glasses aren't included. I booked two packages figuring I could invite someone to join me for the tasting itself, so that I could get two sets of the stemware..

Not a rumor. I reported what I was told directly by a rep in the Cruise Enhancement Dept. She may turn out to be wrong -- altho I can't imagine X giving away four Riedel glasses for $17.25 -- but it is not a rumor that I was told this.

I understand what you are saying, and please know, I'm not calling you a liar. BUT...you're a stranger posting basically anonymously on the internet. People say all the time, on this board and others, that they know something for a fact, or were told something, without any actual proof. Without information, e.g., "I spoke to Barbara at the captains club, her ext. is 0000 and she is the representative in charge of all Riedel events. Here is her email response with headers." than to myself, it's still a rumor.

How can anyone sincerely get mad over the fact that they may not get the glasses for this price? You know the glasses are worth way more than this right?

Yes I know that, they are worth way more. However Celebrity has made a pricing and also provided information of glasses including the price. If that is their mistake then they just have to suffer it as business owners. Giving glasses isn't going to be big financial issue to them - but selling something and then not giving glasses - that can come much more expensive to them imagewise. Who can trust company which doesn't keep their promises and provides such a wrong information?

And it can happen that it isn't actually a mistake. Since they aren't giving cheaper price to all cruises - that can be also some kind of promotional act with Riedel.

Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop

Conducted by highly-trained Celebrity sommeliers, this seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. The wines are transferred into each glass to illustrate how the aromas and flavors of the wine change from glass to glass. Participants receive a set of Riedel stemware to take or ship home (shipping not included).

*Starting from: 82.00 USD Per Package

This is what I get when I check the website....

Yes, that's what is says on the website, but when you go into order them it says $15.:eek:

I just got off the phone with Captain's Club who redirected me to Cruise Enhancements, who got hold of a supervisor who stated: at the $15 price "No Glasses"

Since I'm cruising in less than 3 weeks, I wanted to get in on the deal and yes I can buy the "package" for $15 pp but I know misinformation when I see it. I've done the workshop in the past. Loved it, got convinced, and bought the glasses at home.

I just got off the phone with Captain's Club who redirected me to Cruise Enhancements, who got hold of a supervisor who stated: at the $15 price "No Glasses"

Since I'm cruising in less than 3 weeks, I wanted to get in on the deal and yes I can buy the "package" for $15 pp but I know misinformation when I see it. I've done the workshop in the past. Loved it, got convinced, and bought the glasses at home.

They know this, some are just going to force the issue to get FREE glasses because someone made an honest mistake within the website. When you place an order for 15.00 it does say.... prices start at $15.00. It does not list the different packages that are available.

See, I consider being able to order this prior to cruising as a perk, no standing in long lines, things and excursions can be ordered prior to boarding. Things like this keep happening, that perk might be taken away. Also, the company can also start charging the fuel surcharge at any time that they want because oil is above 65 a barrel and has been for awhile. I am thankful that so far, no cruise lines has done this. But mark my words, if one line does, the rest will follow suit.

IMO, it says a lot about our world.

Edited by Crusing Nut

Well they better fix the site if they don't want to give glasses with the $15 dollar fee. I'm going with my conformation letter that states I will be getting 4 glasses.:D

I understand what you are saying, and please know, I'm not calling you a liar. BUT...you're a stranger posting basically anonymously on the internet. People say all the time, on this board and others, that they know something for a fact, or were told something, without any actual proof. Without information, e.g., "I spoke to Barbara at the captains club, her ext. is 0000 and she is the representative in charge of all Riedel events. Here is her email response with headers." than to myself, it's still a rumor.

Fine. Believe what you will. You are calling me a liar if you say I don't believe you when you say I talked to Cruise Enhancements and they said this (too good to be true) price point is just a "tasting only" price.

And I suppose Xellent a few comments above is just a rumor monger too (or a liar) when he/she reports on getting the very same information from Celebrity today....:rolleyes:

Actually, I love this option. I always wanted to go to one of these workshops, but didn't want to commit to the dollars needed to purchase the glasses, so this is the option I have been waiting for. I can go to the workshop at what I think is a reasonable rate (that also includes the wine samples) and then decide.

What I can't understand is that the Cruise Enhancements department has been told about the mistake at least twice according to this thread and has not corrected the misinformation.

I know that mistakes on airline sites disappear sometime within a minute of someone taking advantage of it.

Why aren't they correcting it?

Cynthia

Wow, didn't mean to start so much drama..... The wine tasting for $15 is still a good deal. But I find Celebrity's website and phone customer service horrible. Seems like no one talks to each other. We shall see what happens in the next few weeks.

They know this, some are just going to force the issue to get FREE glasses because someone made an honest mistake within the website. When you place an order for 15.00 it does say.... prices start at $15.00. It does not list the different packages that are available.

Forgive my critique, but how is expecting a company worth approximately $7 billion to have their stuff together before updating their website wrong?

I picked Celebrity in part because I wanted to do the Riedel class. I booked online like I've planned to all along. I booked for $15.00 because that was the only price given; I would have booked for a higher amount to get the glasses if the website had given any options.

Neither myself, nor anyone here, are trying to cheat Celebrity out of anything. They've heard about this issue through customer support. There have been indications that they have staff reading these boards. And yet, it's been over a month since people started reporting the $15 price change with absolutely no word from Celebrity. For all we know (and apparently for all the phone reps know, since no consistent story line has come out), this might be a special deal from Riedel themselves clearing inventory for a new product line.

Darn right I'll be upset if I don't get the glasses I might not have been given the option to get included in my class because a $7 billion company can't get their crap together.

Forgive my critique, but how is expecting a company worth approximately $7 billion to have their stuff together before updating their website wrong?

I agree, the onus is not on a customer to confirm that if they see a good price, that that is the actual price and not a glitch.

It looks as if the website has been fixed. It now says "starts at $82"; then, when I go to book it the price is $87 per person. I clicked on DH and me and it added it up to $174.

Connie

For us it is still showing 12,08€. So not being fixed yet least for our cruise.

It looks as if the website has been fixed. It now says "starts at $82"; then, when I go to book it the price is $87 per person. I clicked on DH and me and it added it up to $174.

Connie

That's what I have been saying for about a week now. I think it may be related to when you are cruising.

I picked Celebrity in part because I wanted to do the Riedel class. I booked online like I've planned to all along. I booked for $15.00 because that was the only price given; I would have booked for a higher amount to get the glasses if the website had given any options.

Neither myself, nor anyone here, are trying to cheat Celebrity out of anything. They've heard about this issue through customer support. There have been indications that they have staff reading these boards. And yet, it's been over a month since people started reporting the $15 price change with absolutely no word from Celebrity. For all we know (and apparently for all the phone reps know, since no consistent story line has come out), this might be a special deal from Riedel themselves clearing inventory for a new product line.

Darn right I'll be upset if I don't get the glasses I might not have been given the option to get included in my class because a $7 billion company can't get their crap together.

People have called Celebrity and have posted what was told to them. Do you not think it is strange that at one place on their web site that it states prices STARTING at $15.00? You KNOW that the price of the glasses are higher than $15.00 if purchased but yet you insist that the company MIGHT be giving a special deal or since someone screwed up, Celebrity better give me those glasses for the sum of 15.00, because if not, it will ruin their reputation.

People here are well aware of the original price of the workshop which includes glasses, was/is $82.00pp but hey someone made a mistake, tough luck Celebrity.

Whatever......................

People have called Celebrity and have posted what was told to them. Do you not think it is strange that at one place on their web site that it states prices STARTING at $15.00? You KNOW that the price of the glasses are higher than $15.00 if purchased but yet you insist that the company MIGHT be giving a special deal or since someone screwed up, Celebrity better give me those glasses for the sum of 15.00, because if not, it will ruin their reputation.

People here are well aware of the original price of the workshop which includes glasses, was/is $82.00pp but hey someone made a mistake, tough luck Celebrity.

Whatever......................

I love how some, who seem to believe Celebrity can do no wrong, are ignoring the fact that Celebrity is selling something at a price that they may or may not be planning on fullfilling. I really don't understand what a splash screen note about starting prices has to do with it at all?? :confused:

Okay, their starting price is $15. Guess what, they told me that my final price was $15. And they told me it included glasses at that price!

Is that quote wrong? I'm willing to believe that it quite possibly is. But if it is, then Celebrity bears the responsibility of correcting it. How can anyone not agree with that?? :confused: If they've screwed up, then they should be dealing with it proactively. And if they're not planning on including the glasses to people purchasing at $15, then they have screwed up. They are currently confirming that service at that price. The important item is not the intro screen (why would that absolve them of any responsibility??), we're talking confirmed orders with specifics.

Why is the mistake my responsibility and not Celebrity's? If it is a mistake, they made it, not me. What do I expect? I expect that either they honor what they sold me, or they have at least enough of a clue that they figure out an error was made and contact me ahead of time to discuss how I would like to handle a correction. If you're not selling what you said you were, explain the mistake to me and then we can work out how to proceed that's fair to everyone. I'm sorry, but you seem to think that Celebrity should be able to just let people show up and then provide a different service than what they sold! :eek:

Connie

Did yours say $15 before?

I love how some, who seem to believe Celebrity can do no wrong, are ignoring the fact that Celebrity is selling something at a price that they may or may not be planning on fullfilling. I really don't understand what a splash screen note about starting prices has to do with it at all?? :confused:

Okay, their starting price is $15. Guess what, they told me that my final price was $15. And they told me it included glasses at that price!

Is that quote wrong? I'm willing to believe that it quite possibly is. But if it is, then Celebrity bears the responsibility of correcting it. How can anyone not agree with that?? :confused: If they've screwed up, then they should be dealing with it proactively. And if they're not planning on including the glasses to people purchasing at $15, then they have screwed up. They are currently confirming that service at that price. The important item is not the intro screen (why would that absolve them of any responsibility??), we're talking confirmed orders with specifics.

Why is the mistake my responsibility and not Celebrity's? If it is a mistake, they made it, not me. What do I expect? I expect that either they honor what they sold me, or they have at least enough of a clue that they figure out an error was made and contact me ahead of time to discuss how I would like to handle a correction. If you're not selling what you said you were, explain the mistake to me and then we can work out how to proceed that's fair to everyone. I'm sorry, but you seem to think that Celebrity should be able to just let people show up and then provide a different service than what they sold! :eek:

BBM

Man are you wayyyyyyyyy off base with that statement when it concerns me. This is my first Celebrity sailing.

And if Celebrity tells you that the $15.00 dollar price is only for the wine tasting, what will you do? Bring out the little paper that states that glasses on included, when you just admitted that you know that the glasses are much more than the $15.00? How about a call to Celebrity from you asking what the $15.00 will get you so there are no surprises when you get on the ship? And you don't believe that you are taking advantage of a mistake that some poor HUMAN made on part of a web site?

I told my husband about what is going on and about the workshop since he is a wine lover. He told me to check with Celebrity as to the pricing since there are CONFLICTING pricing posted. He wants to know what the $15.00 package offers and what the $82.00 package offers.

Did yours say $15 before?

My web page still has two different prices. When just looking at the site, you see prices starting at $82.00. When you go to order, it states pricing starts at $15.00. I have no completed an order in full since I want to know what we will receive when we get on the ship.

Did this on Solstice last August. Very eloquent Romanian female sommelier made us feel our taste buds as we alternated glasses and poured the wines from one to the other. It really taught me that the glass does matter.

Edited by Fighterone

My web page still has two different prices. When just looking at the site, you see prices starting at $82.00. When you go to order, it states pricing starts at $15.00. I have no completed an order in full since I want to know what we will receive when we get on the ship.

Thanks, but I was actually wondering about the lady that says the website has been fixed. Obviously not if mine and yours still states $15, unless of course that is correct for certain sailings.

Mine said $15 before and says $15 now. The funny thing is on my Reservations Summary page it shows 0 packages purchased, where a couple of days ago it showed 2. When you click on the Beverages Packages Summary it shows the 2 purchased Riedel Workshops being purchased, and the information still says you get the glasses.

One thing that you will notice here is that Celebrity's customer service reps frequently give you wrong information, so it's not at all a good idea to take their word as gospel.