Riedel's Wine Glass Comparative Workshop

Gibbs1984

I do hope we can get the glasses, we went last year and got two sets, all we could carry in the car and need to get two more sets this year to make up from using for dinners with two to using when another couple is round

I honestly don't like wine much, but I'm interested to see if the glasses really do work differently. If they use nice quality wines in the tasting, I'm also interested to see if they can change my mind. So we're booking at that price as well. If I don't get the glasses...well, haven't decided if I would just cancel or still go for just the tasting.

Seems not to be available now. I just attempted to book it at $34.50 for two, got to the final 'make payment' tab, and the whole thing disappeared when I clicked on it :mad:! Started over, and the same thing happened again. Guess *X* put some sort of block on completing this purchase.

I also think that we were supposed to cruise together next year on RCCL doing the Pacfic. If I remember, you cancelled and booked something else.

We ended up canceling too and rebooked on X doing the Baltics in June. It was to be our first time trying Celebrity but we cheated and booked a cruise for this Nov. to "check out the ship" before we are on the Eclipse for 14 days.

Any excuse for a cruise;)

Maria

True. One of the couples we were cruising with had to cancel due to a change in jobs. He found the Panama Canal cruise next May that ends in San Diego and there is nothing I like better then getting off the ship, turning toward the airport and thumbing my nose at TSA as I drive home with my 2 liters of alcohol. :rolleyes: ;) My signature has the cruise dates.

Seems not to be available now. I just attempted to book it at $34.50 for two, got to the final 'make payment' tab, and the whole thing disappeared when I clicked on it :mad:! Started over, and the same thing happened again. Guess *X* put some sort of block on completing this purchase.

Just tried again and it says $87 per person or $184 for a couple. Not sure where the extra $10 comes from. :confused: Canceled order again and will continue to watch.

Figured I'd give it one more try and it went through this time for $34.50 :rolleyes:! Wonder why it didn't process on the first two tries...:confused:.

Interesting, however they really should have changed their website first as there will be a lot of disappointed people otherwise

Disappointed would be a quite mild word in that situation. Angry would be more proper if I don't get my glasses as promised. :)

Just tried again and it says $87 per person or $184 for a couple. Not sure where the extra $10 comes from. :confused: Canceled order again and will continue to watch.

Yep, think Celebrity have caught up with it, if you try now to book on the US site it states $87 per package and if you book through the UK site it is £50.84 per package:(

Update, just went into the US site again and it stated $87 pp but carried onto the purchase page and it shows total of $34.50, presume $15 x 2 plus 15% gratuity!!!!!

Really confused!!!!

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere
Update

Yep, think Celebrity have caught up with it, if you try now to book on the US site it states $87 per package and if you book through the UK site it is £50.84 per package:(

Update, just went into the US site again and it stated $87 pp but carried onto the purchase page and it shows total of $34.50, presume $15 x 2 plus 15% gratuity!!!!!

Really confused!!!!

Me too. This time I clicked the confirmation button and the price dropped from $184 to $174. I guess that's an improvement, but a far cry from $34.50. :eek:

How can anyone sincerely get mad over the fact that they may not get the glasses for this price? You know the glasses are worth way more than this right?

Prices STARTS at 15.00. Is everyone printing that little line out also?

The starts would be a valid argument if there were tiers available. There are no tiers available, and this is the only option for the workshop. It states that glasses are included. I'm sure there are people booking this without reading CC with the thought that they would be receiving what was being sold. And the only input I have that the the glasses are NOT included is basically internet rumor.

I'm not familiar with with that particular crystal company, we have a full service for 12 we received at our wedding (I think I have literally, 100 boxes in my attic of crystal), so I've never shopped for it. I wouldn't personally place a ton of worth on one set of glasses, therefore. It seems like more of a draw to get people to purchase a full set if they find there is a significant change in the taste of the wine.

I just booked this for my husband and me. $34.50 for the two of us and it does state the following on my confirmation:

An invitation to the Riedel Wine Glass Workshop with the time, date and location will be provided in your stateroom upon arrival, along with a coupon to redeem your Riedel Tasting Set on-line through our Celebrity Vineyards website.

On the Beverages web page:

Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop

Conducted by highly-trained Celebrity sommeliers, this seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. The wines are transferred into each glass to illustrate how the aromas and flavors of the wine change from glass to glass. Participants receive a set of Riedel stemware to take or ship home (shipping not included).

*Starting from: 15.00 USD Per Package

If anything, Celebrity will need to provide an equivalent in stemware. They advertise the stemware IS included, therefore, they need to fulfill their agreement, just as we fullfill our agreement of payment and follow their cancellation policy.

Monica

Hear, hear, you are absolutely correct.

And the only input I have that the the glasses are NOT included is basically internet rumor.

I'm not familiar with with that particular crystal company, we have a full service for 12 we received at our wedding (I think I have literally, 100 boxes in my attic of crystal), so I've never shopped for it. I wouldn't personally place a ton of worth on one set of glasses, therefore. It seems like more of a draw to get people to purchase a full set if they find there is a significant change in the taste of the wine.

Not a rumor. I reported what I was told directly by a rep in the Cruise Enhancement Dept. She may turn out to be wrong -- altho I can't imagine X giving away four Riedel glasses for $17.25 -- but it is not a rumor that I was told this.

I do agree that if the web site says the glasses are provided for $17.25, X should honor that. I have a feeling the web site hasn't caught up with the new pricing structure. Four Riedel glasses are worth a heckuva lot more than 17 bucks...

How can anyone sincerely get mad over the fact that they may not get the glasses for this price? You know the glasses are worth way more than this right?

Have you actually gone in and tried to book it? There is no other option BUT $15.00! They are going to have to stand behind their own error, if it is one. OTOH how many people out of an entire ship even read CC and know about this issue? There may be 10-15 people on any given cruise demanding their glasses, not too many to cope with.

... how many people out of an entire ship even read CC and know about this issue? There may be 10-15 people on any given cruise demanding their glasses, not too many to cope with.

Exactly. I'm sure they have coped with bigger issues. But with me, they are going to have to either come good or make good. Very good. I look at it as an opportunity for Celebrity to really impress me. :p

How do I know what arrangement Celebrity has with Riedel? Yes, at this price getting the glasses included would be a good deal, but good deals happen sometimes.

As for the "Starting from: $15.00 USD Per Package", so what?? If you click through, you can make payment at $15 (plus service charge) per person, and get a confirmation at that price with the note that "a coupon to redeem your Riedel Tasting Set on-line through our Celebrity Vineyards website" will be in your stateroom upon embarkation.

As I said previously, if this pricing is in error (and/or the glasses are not included at this price), then Celebrity really needs to correct their website. Because in that case, they would be taking payment for something that they have advertised, sold, and confirmed but are not planning on delivering -- a very bad business practice!

Well, given that you can buy the set from Celebrity for $89.95, I'd put that at the top price that Celebrity could argue they're worth...

No arguments here!

I booked it myself this morning for my cruise in 2 weeks, interested to see how this pans out.

Regards

Knights

If the site has a pricing error, I am really surprised they have not gone in and made a correction or taken the workshops off sale completely. Either, despite whate everyone says about X reading all of the boards, they actually do not or they are not expecting many people to book and expect all the booking to be honoured