All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Thanks for the feedback. This is interesting, and I wonder if it will be fleetwide soon. Some ships (Monarch, Serenade, Rhapsody) have iced tea and lemonade available 24 hours. Other ships (Voyager, Freedom, Oasis class) seem reluctant to provide these drinks 24 hours. I'll occasionally see iced tea in Cafe Promenade on a sailing or two, but more often than not, Cafe Promenade has only coffee, hot tea, and water.

As long as they provide a tea bag and a glass of ice, you can make your own!

MARAPRINCE

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the Explorer with Wife, and 3 kids 9.5 & 3. Looking for any reviews info about the ship, weather, being in the Atlantic that time of year, So on...

We have cruise on DCL, RCL, Celebrity before out of southern ports Florida and Puerto Rico and never had a problem, just wondering what I am in store for during the first few day and last days at sea.

I will be on the Explorer with Wife, and 3 kids 9.5 & 3. Looking for any reviews info about the ship, weather, being in the Atlantic that time of year, So on...

We have cruise on DCL, RCL, Celebrity before out of southern ports Florida and Puerto Rico and never had a problem, just wondering what I am in store for during the first few day and last days at sea.

We had nice weather (50s) even on the first sea day from NJ in late December. You should be by the pool by the second full day onboard (day 3) if not day 2. I'd also recommend using the hot tubs--those are nice even when it is colder out.

We are scheduled (!?) to leave Bayonne on Sunday for Bermuda. Someone on our roll call wondered if the parking lot at the pier would flood if there is a lot of rain and/or storm surge? I can't picture how far above the water line the parking lot is, but my gut feeling is that it's not far. Any input from the Bayonne experts?

We are scheduled (!?) to leave Bayonne on Sunday for Bermuda. Someone on our roll call wondered if the parking lot at the pier would flood if there is a lot of rain and/or storm surge? I can't picture how far above the water line the parking lot is, but my gut feeling is that it's not far. Any input from the Bayonne experts?

Not sure if it can happen where you park, but I have seen it flooded on the entry road. May be more drainage, run off issues.

You would need a direct hit by a major storm...and even then, you are well inside the harbor, not exposed to the open sea. On the leeward side.

High winds throwing debris would be more of a concern to me.

Edited by B-52

Not sure if it can happen where you park, but I have seen it flooded on the entry road. May be more drainage, run off issues.

You would need a direct hit by a major storm...and even then, you are well inside the harbor, not exposed to the open sea. On the leeward side.

High winds throwing debris would be more of a concern to me.

Thanks for the quick response. I think we're going to just forget about driving ourselves and take the TransBridge bus. It'll be enough to worry about my house while we're gone....don't want to have to worry about the car as well! It's actually cheaper to take the bus, anyway. :D

Thanks for the quick response. I think we're going to just forget about driving ourselves and take the TransBridge bus. It'll be enough to worry about my house while we're gone....don't want to have to worry about the car as well! It's actually cheaper to take the bus, anyway. :D

Is there a Trans Bridge bus that goes to the RCI pier? Where can I find information about it?

I live right on the Jersey Coast, about 50 miles south of Bayonne, and the approaching storm (Sandy) is starting to get a lot of attention.

Can be a big one for the area if it follows one of the computer projections.

Will know more this weekend.

Is there a Trans Bridge bus that goes to the RCI pier? Where can I find information about it?

Here's a link: http://www.transbridgelines.com/pier.htm

Whenever I visit my sister in Maine I take the bus to Newark and fly to Portland. The parking is VERY cheap....the first three days are free and then it's $5 per day afterwards. One week of parking comes to $25. This is assuming you park at the Industrial Park bus terminal in Bethlehem. It's almost that much PER DAY at the pier!

We will be on the Explorer in alittle over a month and I was wondering what that game is called that has the married people and they ask them questions. Is it the Newlywed game? We always want to go but always miss it. This time around I want to make sure I find it on the Compass but I want to know the name of the show or game and where it's usually held. Anybody know?:)

We will be on the Explorer in alittle over a month and I was wondering what that game is called that has the married people and they ask them questions. Is it the Newlywed game? We always want to go but always miss it. This time around I want to make sure I find it on the Compass but I want to know the name of the show or game and where it's usually held. Anybody know?:)

Love & Marriage

• 2 weeks later...

Last week Love & Marriage was in the earlier part of the week...I believe Tuesday night and it was held in the Palace Theatre.

On the next-to-last night they held The Quest which was very fun as well. It was held in Studio B.

Both of them were later in the evening...something like 10:00 or 11:00.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Last week Love & Marriage was in the earlier part of the week...I believe Tuesday night and it was held in the Palace Theatre.

On the next-to-last night they held The Quest which was very fun as well. It was held in Studio B.

Both of them were later in the evening...something like 10:00 or 11:00.

The 'Love & Marriage' on the infamous Hurricane cruise was one of the best I have seen...... The Palace looked like it was fully packed for the show. The following was one of the highlights for those attending... :D

"B52"

The 'Love & Marriage' on the infamous Hurricane cruise was one of the best I have seen...... The Palace looked like it was fully packed for the show. The following was one of the highlights for those attending... :D

"B52"

It was absolutely HILARIOUS!!

"B52"

I was there. LOVED it. She also was at the Halloween party in studio B and Richard Spacy had a great time with her. She was a good sport.

Does anyone know if Pedro dela Llana is still the guitarist on Explorer? If so, does anyone know how long contracts generally are? I've seen him twice -- Liberty in 2008 and Explorer 2011. Hoping to see him again in April.

Hello! :)

Just off Explorer today, and no, he was not the guitarist. The guitarist was Jed Rogue, I believe.

Angel, I thought that was you! Am I mistaken, or didn't you used to be from NJ? Or am I losing my marbles, once again?? lol :p

We personally made it ok through the storm, however our town is demolished. :(

It was nice to get on Explorer on the 4th and escape the craziness around here. It was a perfect vacation! :)

Angel, I thought that was you! Am I mistaken, or didn't you used to be from NJ? Or am I losing my marbles, once again?? lol :p

We personally made it ok through the storm, however our town is demolished. :(

It was nice to get on Explorer on the 4th and escape the craziness around here. It was a perfect vacation! :)

Your marbles are correct. We moved to FL last year! Glad to hear you made it through okay. Devastation was well...devastating.