All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Can anyone tell me what kind of sandwiches they serve on the Promenade? Haven't been on Explorer since 2004 and I just can't recall what they had there, other than the coffee and iced tea. Do they still serve pizza from the Promenade cafe or is it elsewhere?

Can't wait to sail Explorer this December!

Thanks!

Sharon

Can anyone tell me what kind of sandwiches they serve on the Promenade? Haven't been on Explorer since 2004 and I just can't recall what they had there, other than the coffee and iced tea. Do they still serve pizza from the Promenade cafe or is it elsewhere?

Thanks!

Sharon

Small sandwiches such as egg salad, salami, ham on croissant, vegetarian. I'm forgettting some. The selection varies day to day. Pizza is also available at the Cafe Promenade.

Sharon Lacey - Cruised EOS 3/20/11. Appreciated all the work you did for the Cruise Critic meet. Fabulous gifts, one won by my DH. Loved the cruise. Cruising EOS again 11/04/2012 for 11 nights. Can't wait. Will miss cruising with yoiu on EOS by 2 cruises. Were cruising 3/5/12. Would have been nice to cruise again with you. Have a great time. Hope to cruise some day with you again.

fireflygal = Marion

Small sandwiches such as egg salad, salami, ham on croissant, vegetarian. I'm forgettting some. The selection varies day to day. Pizza is also available at the Cafe Promenade.

Little sandwiches were nice. We had a salami and cheese on poppy seeded roll and a ham and cheese on a croissant. The pizza reminded me of Tony's frozen pizza though. One bite was enough.

Will be on Explorer Christmas week. Trying to figure out what is included in price and what they charge for:

In MDR, WJ & Promenade - what drinks (i.e., lemonaide, juice, ice tea) are included bkfst, lunch, dinner?

Is there a charge for any food on promenade?

Is there a charge for ice skates, roller blades, rock climbing? Any other activities that have a charge?

Thanks all!!

Will be on Explorer Christmas week. Trying to figure out what is included in price and what they charge for:

In MDR, WJ & Promenade - what drinks (i.e., lemonaide, juice, ice tea) are included bkfst, lunch, dinner? Yes, those drinks are free, but juice is only available at breakfast.

Is there a charge for any food on promenade? Only for Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Is there a charge for ice skates, roller blades, rock climbing? Any other activities that have a charge? No charge for these activities. If there still is a golf simulator, then there's a charge for that. There's also a charge for arcade games.

Thanks all!!

See answers in RED.

Thanks!

Sharon

The ones that I recall were ham and cheese, tuna and my favorite which was Brie and sundried tomato on a small roll with pumpkin seeds. Yum!

In MDR, WJ & Promenade - what drinks (i.e., lemonaide, juice, ice tea) are included bkfst, lunch, dinner? Yes, those drinks are free, but juice is only available at breakfast.

Just to let everyone know on my Explorer cruise 9/23/12, they charged me $2.25 for ice tea, when I ordered it for breakfast from room service. This is the first time it's happened in 3 cruises. There is also no ice tea anywhere on the ship before lunch. I thought this was crazy and when I questioned the charge at Customer Service, they said it was a new policy. I like to drink something cold in the morning, and can't drink juice due to some GI problems. I ended up going up to the WJ at night to bring a glass of ice tea to my cabin and adding ice in the morning. You could also make your own from hot tea and ice, but it was easier to just get a glass or two at night for the morning.

They also serve great cookies, small pieces of cake, yummy granola bars and fruit at the Cafe. I know they had tea, hot cocoa, and cofee not sure about cold drinks. Well at least they did last Feb, Any changes since????? Leaving on Sunday cafe is a great place for a snack lite lunch and people watching. Last cruise it was so crowded at the Windjammer boarding day, we ate lunch at the cafe.

Just to let everyone know on my Explorer cruise 9/23/12, they charged me $2.25 for ice tea, when I ordered it for breakfast from room service. This is the first time it's happened in 3 cruises. There is also no ice tea anywhere on the ship before lunch. I thought this was crazy and when I questioned the charge at Customer Service, they said it was a new policy.

What time of the morning did you place the order? There is a room service charge between certain hours. I don't remember the hours exactly as I never use room service. That may have been what the charge was for and not for the iced tea.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Just to let everyone know on my Explorer cruise 9/23/12, they charged me $2.25 for ice tea, when I ordered it for breakfast from room service. This is the first time it's happened in 3 cruises. There is also no ice tea anywhere on the ship before lunch. I thought this was crazy and when I questioned the charge at Customer Service, they said it was a new policy. I like to drink something cold in the morning, and can't drink juice due to some GI problems. I ended up going up to the WJ at night to bring a glass of ice tea to my cabin and adding ice in the morning. You could also make your own from hot tea and ice, but it was easier to just get a glass or two at night for the morning.

What time of the morning did you place the order? There is a room service charge between certain hours. I don't remember the hours exactly as I never use room service. That may have been what the charge was for and not for the iced tea.

First time I've heard of a charge for iced tea. The room service charge is $3.95 per order for orders between midnight and 5am, so the $2.25 doesn't make sense as the room service charge. Odd.

Is Portofino's the only restaurant on Explorer? Besides the buffet or MDR? Also still wondering if anyone saw adults using the slides and stuff in the Adventure Beach section :D

Eating places on Explorer include the MDR, Windjammer, Portofino's, Johnny Rocket's, and the Cafe Promenade. Of course, room service is available too.

The slide is really small as is the pool and is intended for small kids. I've never seen an adult use it.

Eating places on Explorer include the MDR, Windjammer, Portofino's, Johnny Rocket's, and the Cafe Promenade. Of course, room service is available too.

The slide is really small as is the pool and is intended for small kids. I've never seen an adult use it.

I'm used to having a Chops onboard but I've never tried Portofino's so that's good. Damn about the slide...:mad::p

First time I've heard of a charge for iced tea. The room service charge is $3.95 per order for orders between midnight and 5am, so the $2.25 doesn't make sense as the room service charge. Odd.

No, it wasn't a room service charge. I had ordered breakfast for delivery at 9 am. I received a call to tell me there would be a charge of $2.25 for the ice tea about 8:30. They said they were starting to charge for it in the morning, because it wasn't a drink that is normally available in the mornings. I spoke to the manager in the WJ one night and he said they were starting to charge for it, I also went to guest relations and they said the same thing. The charge is only in the morning, before it is available ship wide at lunch time.

No, it wasn't a room service charge. I had ordered breakfast for delivery at 9 am. I received a call to tell me there would be a charge of $2.25 for the ice tea about 8:30. They said they were starting to charge for it in the morning, because it wasn't a drink that is normally available in the mornings. I spoke to the manager in the WJ one night and he said they were starting to charge for it, I also went to guest relations and they said the same thing. The charge is only in the morning, before it is available ship wide at lunch time.

Thanks for the feedback. This is interesting, and I wonder if it will be fleetwide soon. Some ships (Monarch, Serenade, Rhapsody) have iced tea and lemonade available 24 hours. Other ships (Voyager, Freedom, Oasis class) seem reluctant to provide these drinks 24 hours. I'll occasionally see iced tea in Cafe Promenade on a sailing or two, but more often than not, Cafe Promenade has only coffee, hot tea, and water.

Bowlnmama, I will be in that cabin on Sunday, October 14. I will get photos and give a full report upon my return. : ) I'm very excited to have such a great hump cabin! :D

awsome, thank you !! i have always wanted a hump cabin too and I am just as excited !! We love the cabins on the aft of the ship too. We are sailing on 12/13 ..... I will look for your pics :cool:

thanks again

awsome, thank you !! i have always wanted a hump cabin too and I am just as excited !! We love the cabins on the aft of the ship too. We are sailing on 12/13 ..... I will look for your pics :cool:

thanks again

not that cabin but i have a zillion pix of Ex - click the link in my siggie for Explorer