All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

If there is only one show it is usually 7:30 or 7:45 p.m.

On our 10 nighter....there were two nights with only 1 show and it was at 1030PM. Dinner seatings were at 600 and 830, so a 730 or 745 solo show would not cut it. The twin shows were at 715 for late seating and 900 for early seating.

Edited by SNJCruisers

Do they offer drink deals on the EOS. Thanks

They have the drink of the day. there is also a bucket of beer for 28.00. We are gold and ther was a coupon book for each of us buy one get one free and 10percent off. Also a 25 percent off specialty coffee and one for a milkshake at johnny rockets

Is there a map of the ship or some type of guidebook in the staterooms helping newbies get around the ship and find stuff on the Explorer?

Thanks

Yes. When you get off the elevators there is a directory. It looks like a ship and shows what is on that deck. The RC website has the deck plans and you could try to print them and study them before your cruise.

Have a great cruise.

Welcome to Part 2 of All Things Explorer of the Seas.

This new thread was created to ensure continued enjoyment of your cruise conversations :D.

Don’t forget to subscribe to this thread to receive notifications. Click on: Thread Tools > Choose: Subscribe to this Thread

:D New thread.....Does anyone have the new menu for the EOS? Been on her 2X before and was a little disappointed. We sail 1/13/13 from Bayonne.

Thanks Sammy

No the pages are legal and when I scanned it cut off day 1/3. Let me reverse it and try again. This was something we were looking for before our trip.

OK -here we go. Keep in mind these are the "major" activities - there is always something going on every day in the lounges/bingo/activities that are in the more detailed compasses.

page 1.pdf

page1.pdf

We're sailing on Explorer in March and have a couple of questions. Forgive me as I become that person asking ridiculously specific questions!

1. We are in a GS (woo!) for the first time ever and really looking forward to experiencing the "suite" life - at least this once! I understand the GS has a coffee maker - does anyone know what kind it is? I'm hoping it's a single cup maker - preferably Keurig so we can bring our favorite coffees.

2. The itinerary is FL/Bahamas 7 night - it looks like this might be a new-ish itinerary for the ship. Does anyone know when it begins and when I might start begging for Compasses? Would love to know what the activities for 3 sea days look like.

Any other cool Explorer tips are welcome! We can't wait to cruise from "home"!

I'm going on the EOS on 1/13/13 also. Never been on it before. Why were you disappointed? Was it just the food? I personally can't wait! I've read a lot of good about this ship.

I would say based upon our experience the food was excellent and there were lots of choices for every diet in all restaurants. My wife is a vegetarian and I am a big seafood junkie and there was never an issue in either the MDR or in the Windjammer. We definitely preferred the MDR for lunch and breakfast - it was not so much the food in the Windjammer but the people. Folks - its a buffet but its not like you are never going to eat again! Too many people who were downright rude to the servers, line cutters and folks with 4-5 plates. Geez....

I'm going on the EOS on 1/13/13 also. Never been on it before. Why were you disappointed? Was it just the food? I personally can't wait! I've read a lot of good about this ship.

we are also on that cruise come on over to roll calls find our cruise and also sign up for meet & mingle

OK -here we go. Keep in mind these are the "major" activities - there is always something going on every day in the lounges/bingo/activities that are in the more detailed compasses.

Thank you that was very nice of you to go to all that trouble to re-post.

We're sailing on Explorer in March and have a couple of questions. Forgive me as I become that person asking ridiculously specific questions!

1. We are in a GS (woo!) for the first time ever and really looking forward to experiencing the "suite" life - at least this once! I understand the GS has a coffee maker - does anyone know what kind it is? I'm hoping it's a single cup maker - preferably Keurig so we can bring our favorite coffees.

2. The itinerary is FL/Bahamas 7 night - it looks like this might be a new-ish itinerary for the ship. Does anyone know when it begins and when I might start begging for Compasses? Would love to know what the activities for 3 sea days look like.

Any other cool Explorer tips are welcome! We can't wait to cruise from "home"!

Been on the EOS 3 times, each in a GS...4th one booked......the coffee maker is nothing to get excited about...it is the same type found in most hotel rooms...

The Concierge lounge has good coffee, but no fresh milk or creme...

We always book a room near the forward elevators, so it is a quick run down the stairs to the Promenade cafe directly below us for that quick morning coffee. Also like being one deck below the solarium and fitness center....no need to wait for the elevator.

We are from NJ, that's why we choose the EOS or Baltimore. For Bayonne, it is a quick 40 minute drive up the turnpike..gotta love it. No airport hassles, or luggage issues...for that I will gladly pay the parking fees to be so close to the ship.

Edited by B-52

I know what you mean. People with plates piled high then leave half of it on the plate. What a waste. You can eat all day, why act like that? If people want to be ignorant & cut ahead of me, go ahead. There's plenty of food & plenty of time. I planned on eating breakfast & lunch in the Windjammer & not have to worry about dress codes for the MDR but definitely do dinner in the MDR. We'll see what happens when we get there. Of course I'll have to check with my sister & nieces who will be with me.

I am British and have a British passport, I am travelling on EoS as a first time cruiser next May and I am having trouble trying to get a straight answer on whether I will be asked to hand my passport over on embarkation :confused: - I definitely don't need a visa for Bermuda I know that much. but I want to be extra careful leaving the USA on the cruise as if its not done properly they don't know I have left and it will be a pain in the you-know-what in the future.

Does anyone have any advice, tips etc??

Thanks in advance :)