All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Hi,

We are going to bermuda this month and have trad dining for 6pm we requested a table for two.Does anyone know if they are good at fullfilling table request?We have never been on rccl before,so just wondering.

generally yes.....however, if it is not correct, head to the maitre d as soon as they are available to see if it can be changed.....the times will be in the cruise compass you get as you board...should be on deck 3 or 4......

there is an email address you can use, but i can't recall what it is.. i THINK it is rcldining@royalcaribbean.com but for some reason, i can't recall if it is correct..might be an underscore someplace...

Hi,

We are going to bermuda this month and have trad dining for 6pm we requested a table for two.Does anyone know if they are good at fullfilling table request?We have never been on rccl before,so just wondering.

We have always been accommodated after e-mailing that e-mail address, so I would highly recommend it even though you have already "requested" a two-top.

We have always been accommodated after e-mailing that e-mail address, so I would highly recommend it even though you have already "requested" a two-top.

We are on the October 7th voyage and when I went to MTD, nothing was left on 4days but 7:45 and that time may make it impossible to see the show. Thanks for e-mail address, I am going to write and see if they can help us change our time to between 6:30 and 7:15. We are happy dining with others at a Table for 10 so that is not a problem, only times were terrible. I will let you know if they respond to my request.

The email address is rcldining@rccl.com

Thanks for posting the e-mail address. I wrote and requested 6:30 dining for every night which I could not get online for my husband and I and 2 of our friends at a table for 10 and within an hour of my e-mail, Marlene Prieto

Administrator, Restaurant Operations wrote back that she had made our reservations for 6:30 everynight and we just have to arrive together. I feel much better about it as I didn't look forward to standing in a line when we boarded trying to change our reservations.

Bravo, RCI! We are really looking forward to our cruise on October 7th.

Thank you I emailed them and they said they confirmed us for a table for two.

Apparently the pilot that was to take the Explorer out had to go over to the Star when she broke loose so they had to wait for the pilot that normally would have taken the Star.

That or the Bermuda Government shutdown the 3:45 PM ferry service to Dockyard because the wind/waves so maybe the ship waited in case any passengers were stuck in Hamilton?

“The local Branch Pilot Anthony Robinson assigned to Pilot the Explorer of the Seas was enroute to Dockyard on the Tender Bermudian and he was transferred to the Norwegian Star to assist with the operation."

Makes perfect sense, after reading the more complete details in the Royal Gazette the next day. Wow - quite the flooding the island had there from that storm front too! Sounds like the Explorer's fine - DW & I are on the 10/14 sailing & didn't want to hear the ship was damaged... we're really looking forward to a Bermuda visit before we settle in for another Alaska winter.

I have read that I have to take a bus to get on the Explorer, can anyone explain this to me.

Should I arrive earlier to allow for the bus ride??

Thanks

Shirtee

You don't have to really allow time for the ride. It is just a short shuttle. The terminal was not designed for cruise ships. The building is a very short shuttle ride from the ship.

I have read that I have to take a bus to get on the Explorer, can anyone explain this to me.

Thanks

Shirtee

Actually, it is close enough to walk to the ship, but because of the trucks coming, going, loading and unloading, if you walked, you would become a road pizza.

The bus ride is probably about 2 minutes.

Thanks

Shirtee

Here is a picture taken from our balcony cabin.

The terminal that you check into is right past the parked cars.

If you are interested, I have a lot of other pictures in my review, linked in my sig.

lot_DSC0072.jpg?t=1309866581

This will be our first time on EOS, re: the email posted earlier, do we have to request our 6pm dining time through the RCCL email address or could we do something online through Royal Caribbean via our existing reservation? I thought I saw something a while back that had areas to click on for things such as soda package, dinner time, etc? We have until June so when do you suggest we make our reservations?

This will be our first time on EOS, re: the email posted earlier, do we have to request our 6pm dining time through the RCCL email address or could we do something online through Royal Caribbean via our existing reservation? I thought I saw something a while back that had areas to click on for things such as soda package, dinner time, etc? We have until June so when do you suggest we make our reservations?

Go into your reservation. Scroll to the bottom where you see "Preferences and Requests" Click the modify button and you should see a place to specify the dining time that you want.