All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

We love the Explorer and love the crew and have sailed on her many times. Someday we will get back to her as she is just a few hours from us. For now we are busy exploring islands the Explorer used to go to when she did port intensive 12 night cruises.

Special shout out to Jody our restaurant coordinator and Zafer up in Portofinos....Rica from the Phillipines our favorite room attendant...but then again we have some favs that are now on the Adventure of the Seas too....shout out to Augustino!!!

Hi Cris, how you all doing.

All ok here, we have three more Explorer crusies coming up.

Augustino was on the Explorer.

Yes, although I've never gone. I think it's on deck 3.

the theater is VERY disappointing. small room with seating on same level (ie not statiium seating) so you can't see over heads in front of you. Made wrost by the large screen Floor to Ceiling... that means if you are not in the front row, can't see bottom of screen. If you are in the front row you are about 2 ft from this large screen!!... PLUS the quality of the picture is terrible...very grainy...

other than that, a nice place to sleep if no one is around...

Thanks for the info. It's just an option if there's nothing else I feel like doing.

Maybe you can answer a coupe of other questions. When we are at Labadee, is there a cookout for us on the island? What time?

Also, is there a free ice cream machine on board?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info. It's just an option if there's nothing else I feel like doing.

Maybe you can answer a coupe of other questions. When we are at Labadee, is there a cookout for us on the island? What time?

Also, is there a free ice cream machine on board?

Thanks again

as for the theater.. if you do go, take a seat on the aisle so you can see most of the screen..

as for Labadee- they set up Pavillion on each of the 3 beaches to serve lunch. Not sure when they start but runs for maybe 2 hours?? Note- if you are vegaterian, you are out of luck.. no fish, and not a great salad either...

Free Ice Cream machine was on-board and you could always buy premium ice cream at the 24hr Cafe on the Promanade...

We just booked a cabana on Labadee for our upcoming Nov.15 th cruise on Explorer. We have been there many times but this is the first time renting a cabana. I'd love to hear feedback from those who have done the same.

it was awesome...and you will never want to go back to NOT having one...

better buffet...nice comfy seats, ceiling fan...great service....worth every penny!!!

We are cruising on the Explorer for the first time on October 7 trip to Bermuda from NJ. Since we live in NJ and can get to the port at any time, what is the earliest time we can get on the ship? We want to enjoy every minute of our cruise and get on as soon as possible. Thanks

we just got off of the Explorer yesterday. We had a GREAT time. 1st time on RC and best cruise out of 5.

I found the ship to be clean and the staff to be friendly always with smiles.

We loved our dining room duo and looked forward to seeing them each night. Even the bar guy in the dining room was awesome.

Only 2 small things. Our aft JS was FAR but we like to walk and I felt better doing all of that walking as the french frys at the buffet were like crack.

Night-time activites started late. After eating and sunning all day etc we found it impossible to eat dinner at 6 and then wait around till after 10:30pm. I think they should have 1 event earlier. Would have LOVED to check out The Chamber, that place looked so awesome!

5 nights was not enough for me and I can't wait to book a 9 nighter!

We are cruising on the Explorer for the first time on October 7 trip to Bermuda from NJ. Since we live in NJ and can get to the port at any time, what is the earliest time we can get on the ship? We want to enjoy every minute of our cruise and get on as soon as possible. Thanks

You can get on around 11 or 11:15am. We usually arrive at the port around 10:30-10:45am. By the time we drop off our luggage, park, walk over to the terminal, and check it, we are ready to be one of the first people allowed onboard (without having to wait).

Just know that you won't have access to your cabin until 1:30pm. So, you'll have to lug your carryons with you until then. (We check almost all our luggage except for one large tote bag each with essentials in it).

Lunch is served in the Windjammer starting at 11:30 or 11:45am

You can get on around 11 or 11:15am. We usually arrive at the port around 10:30-10:45am. By the time we drop off our luggage, park, walk over to the terminal, and check it, we are ready to be one of the first people allowed onboard (without having to wait).

Just know that you won't have access to your cabin until 1:30pm. So, you'll have to lug your carryons with you until then. (We check almost all our luggage except for one large tote bag each with essentials in it).

First I would like to say THANK YOU! You are such a wonderful help with so many things on CC!

I was wondering... if we decide to take our carry-on luggage (one piece + a backpack each) ourselves (approx 21" from handle to floor) would that create any problem with the shuttles? Do many people take their own luggage rather than check it? We don't want to be those people everyone stares at! :o

That is great news so we will leave about 9:45 fromour home in NJ.

One other question, ours is the 7 night cruise to Bermuda, does anyone know what time the shows are on this one? We can make MTD reservations ahead of time. Not sure what times to pick. We prefer to see the show first if there is an early one before going to dinner. Otherwise, after a huge dinner, we tend to fall asleep in the show. LOL, showing our age!

Only 2 small things. Our aft JS was FAR but we like to walk and I felt better doing all of that walking as the french frys at the buffet were like crack.

I ditto that - we had 1394 on our previous cruise and we sure did a lot of walking but it was worth it - the french fries were good and I also liked some of the snacks - scones w/some chocolate syrup drizzled on top:D

Pat

I ditto that - we had 1394 on our previous cruise and we sure did a lot of walking but it was worth it - the french fries were good and I also liked some of the snacks - scones w/some chocolate syrup drizzled on top:D

Pat

Yes, I forgot to mention the FRIES! Our last cruise was years ago and when we booked the cruise this time, the first thing that was blurted out was everyones cravings for those fries! They are addicting I must admit! :D

That is great news so we will leave about 9:45 fromour home in NJ.

One other question, ours is the 7 night cruise to Bermuda, does anyone know what time the shows are on this one? We can make MTD reservations ahead of time. Not sure what times to pick. We prefer to see the show first if there is an early one before going to dinner. Otherwise, after a huge dinner, we tend to fall asleep in the show. LOL, showing our age!

The show times are different based on formal night or not....

Maybe 7:30 & 9:30 ish and then 9:30 & 10:30....ish.

I was often able to make the early show if we ate at 6...

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

First I would like to say THANK YOU! You are such a wonderful help with so many things on CC!

I was wondering... if we decide to take our carry-on luggage (one piece + a backpack each) ourselves (approx 21" from handle to floor) would that create any problem with the shuttles? Do many people take their own luggage rather than check it? We don't want to be those people everyone stares at! :o

Most people take a carry-on, whether it be a rolling bag or just a backpack. Very few people actually carry on their luggage, although I guess it wouldn't be the worst idea if you were coming late enough so that cabins would be available.

Pat

Most people take a carry-on, whether it be a rolling bag or just a backpack. Very few people actually carry on their luggage, although I guess it wouldn't be the worst idea if you were coming late enough so that cabins would be available.

We are attempting to fit everything into our wheeling carry-ons, they are about 21" from handle to floor, and then take a tote each as well. I hope they fit through the x-ray machine? We checked them last time because we flew and just took our totes on the plane so I really don't know if the size ok?

We are attempting to fit everything into our wheeling carry-ons, they are about 21" from handle to floor, and then take a tote each as well. I hope they fit through the x-ray machine? We checked them last time because we flew and just took our totes on the plane so I really don't know if the size ok?

I think it has more to do with width than length, since a long but think piece of luggage can slide through the machine. I would call RCI to check if you are concerned, but 21 inches doesn't seem that big, and worst case scenario you just have to check them.

I think it has more to do with width than length, since a long but think piece of luggage can slide through the machine. I would call RCI to check if you are concerned, but 21 inches doesn't seem that big, and worst case scenario you just have to check them.

Will do, Thanks :)

Since you're driving to the port, why do you need to cram everything into a 21" roll on when it's so easy just to check it and then you will not have to lug it onto and off the shuttle bus as well as have it with you at lunch time when you get on? If it's a short cruise out of Florida that you flew to and you don't want to pay extra for checked baggage, I can understand the premise, but if you're driving, why make things more difficult for yourself than it has to be.

Since you're driving to the port, why do you need to cram everything into a 21" roll on when it's so easy just to check it and then you will not have to lug it onto and off the shuttle bus as well as have it with you at lunch time when you get on? If it's a short cruise out of Florida that you flew to and you don't want to pay extra for checked baggage, I can understand the premise, but if you're driving, why make things more difficult for yourself than it has to be.

True, you are right but I guess a I'm being a little paranoid about theft, after reading about luggage missing items and thought maybe it was just less to worry about if we carried it ourselves. :confused:

it was awesome...and you will never want to go back to NOT having one...

better buffet...nice comfy seats, ceiling fan...great service....worth every penny!!!

I totally agree with my esteemd colleague. Especially since we shared the cabana. And would do it again in a New York second, if we are invited to of course.