All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

We are celebrating our anniversary and were going to try and book a couples massage. tried last night and it seems like they are already booked for our Sept 23 sailing!! Do you really have to book everything so far in advance of your cruise? I don't want to plan our entire week before we even leave...
and is it really $269 per person for a couples massage??

[quote name='2ndtime20yrslater']We are celebrating our anniversary and were going to try and book a couples massage. tried last night and it seems like they are already booked for our Sept 23 sailing!! Do you really have to book everything so far in advance of your cruise? I don't want to plan our entire week before we even leave...
and is it really $269 per person for a couples massage??[/QUOTE]

They only let so many be booked online - they need to save things for people to book onboard so just book it as soon as you board. I'm sure there's openings.

They do the same thing with restaurants.............they can't let them sell out with online bookings because not everyone even has a computer or knows to book them ahead of time.

Patty

[quote name='DonnaK']We thought the pool band "One Love" was fabulous!

It's nice to see them bringing back live music to the pool area.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean about bringing back live music to the pool area. Whenever we sailed RCCL, there's always been live music in the pool area.......:confused:

We are celebrating our anniversary and were going to try and book a couples massage. tried last night and it seems like they are already booked for our Sept 23 sailing!! Do you really have to book everything so far in advance of your cruise? I don't want to plan our entire week before we even leave...

That's probably total for an hour.

Not sure what you mean about bringing back live music to the pool area. Whenever we sailed RCCL, there's always been live music in the pool area.......:confused:

Well, to us, it seems that on our cruises over the last 5-7 years, the pool area mostly had piped in recorded music, and the live music was only for a few hours and not even every day. Live music seemed to be a cutback.

But, on our last Explorer cruise, the band was out there almost all day, every day...and they were a wonderful band.

Well, to us, it seems that on our cruises over the last 5-7 years, the pool area mostly had piped in recorded music, and the live music was only for a few hours and not even every day. Live music seemed to be a cutback.

But, on our last Explorer cruise, the band was out there almost all day, every day...and they were a wonderful band.

Really, no live music every day? I don't know about port days but every sea day whenever we were on a RCL ship, there was a caribbean steel drum band out by the pool. But I certainly believe you.

This past November we were on Celebrity Silhouette and there was piped in music...........we hated it!! A couple days they had a guitar player for an hour and then just ONE steel drum guy for an hour and another time a acapella group. We were very disappointed in the fact that there was no steel drum band while sailing the Caribbean..........LOL It just felt like something was missing because we were so used to RCL's bands at the pool.

Does anyone know if they have iced tea in the Windjammer?

Yes, unsweetened.

They also have the no-cal flavored water...Strawberry Kiwi and Tropical Mango. But they don't have both at every beverage station, so if you have a preference, you may have to walk around the WJ to find the flavor you want.

We loved them too. Wish I could remember the name of the band.

Don't worry. You can certainly book your spa treatments onboard. I would head up to the spa on embarkation day.

No....the 269 should be for the two of you and it will be about 50 minutes in length. I would check and see what port specials they have on board if you're adamant about doing it on the ship. Another option is to do some research about spas in bermuda...they will of course be a bit pricey. Here's a link for you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147261-d1913009-Reviews-Three_Graces_Day_Spa_Serenity-Southampton_Bermuda.html

No....the 269 should be for the two of you and it will be about 50 minutes in length. I would check and see what port specials they have on board if you're adamant about doing it on the ship. Another option is to do some research about spas in bermuda...they will of course be a bit pricey. Here's a link for you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147261-d1913009-Reviews-Three_Graces_Day_Spa_Serenity-Southampton_Bermuda.html

There are also different kinds of couples massages... in one you and your partner get to give each other a mud rubdown as part of the process.. I was told it was very romantic...

Also do not pas over the hot stone massage... amazing experience, more so if you are already familiar with massage and can relax yourself well...

Yes, unsweetened.

They also have the no-cal flavored water...Strawberry Kiwi and Tropical Mango. But they don't have both at every beverage station, so if you have a preference, you may have to walk around the WJ to find the flavor you want.

Thanks for the info Donna. The flavored water sounds interesting as well. How was it?

That's what I thought, but when I was chatting online with RCCL, the rep told me it was $269/person! I live in Jersey, and I'm used to high prices, but I thought that was ridiculous for a 50 minute massage! Thanks for the info and the link.. we'll keep that in mind!

One other question, does anyone one know what night they may serve lobster in the main dining? and which would be a good night to have dinner at Portifinos?

That's what I thought, but when I was chatting online with RCCL, the rep told me it was $269/person! I live in Jersey, and I'm used to high prices, but I thought that was ridiculous for a 50 minute massage! Thanks for the info and the link.. we'll keep that in mind!

One other question, does anyone one know what night they may serve lobster in the main dining? and which would be a good night to have dinner at Portifinos?

The second formal night, called Chef's Dinner has a Fisherman's Plate, which consists of a broiled lobster tail, garlicky shrimp and broccoli florets. On the first formal night, the Captain's Gala, lobster bisque is served. The best night to have dinner at Portofino's is totally subjective depending on your personal likes and dislikes. I can tell you though that my personal worst meal is called Marco Polo, it was listed as night 7 on the 9 night menu list I saw on CC.

Does anyone know if they have iced tea in the Windjammer?

There is iced tea available in the Windjammer in the afternoon and evening. It was very had to come by for breakfast. I did have two days where someone got it for me, but otherwise I was out of luck. You can also get it from room service anytime.

There is iced tea available in the Windjammer in the afternoon and evening. It was very had to come by for breakfast. I did have two days where someone got it for me, but otherwise I was out of luck. You can also get it from room service anytime.

The simple solution to that is to go and get three glasses, fill two of them with ice and pour hot water and a tea bag in the third, after seeping for a few minutes, pour the hot tea into the two ice filled glasses and you have two glasses of homemade unsweetened tea.

AAAHH!! My DH is trying to book us stuff and the website is VERY frustrating! Does anyone else have issues with trying to book stuff online? Its seems crazy that there aren't any decent time slots left.. And we have to pay for everything before we even go?? seems a bit presumptuous!

Just off a 9 night on Explorer, Lobster night was the sea day after labadee

The simple solution to that is to go and get three glasses, fill two of them with ice and pour hot water and a tea bag in the third, after seeping for a few minutes, pour the hot tea into the two ice filled glasses and you have two glasses of homemade unsweetened tea.

I actually did do that a couple of mornings. Made hot tea in a cup with 2 tea bags so it was a little stronger for when it was poured over the ice.

Just off a 9 night on Explorer, Lobster night was the sea day after labadee

I will be going on a 7 night to Bermuda in September and a 9 night in May. I have already been on the 5 night to Bermuda. What are the added shows on the 9 nighter? Thanks