All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between Adventure & Explorer? Just curious... :rolleyes:

I love reading everyone's posts…I cannot wait to go!:D

No real difference some minor cosmetic stuff on the inside, i believe the aquarium bar is gone and replaced with boleros which sets it apart from it's sister ships but if you have been on Explorer you will be right at home on Adventure... the difference comes when you go on the Navigator and Mariner, the last two of the sisters.

But still all very similar.

No real difference some minor cosmetic stuff on the inside, i believe the aquarium bar is gone and replaced with boleros which sets it apart from it's sister ships but if you have been on Explorer you will be right at home on Adventure... the difference comes when you go on the Navigator and Mariner, the last two of the sisters.

Thank you, that's what I was thinking only simple differences. We actually sailed Adventure already, looking forward to Explorer! Can't wait!

Go to cruise documentation on your cruise account and there is Arab to order luggage tags. I just ordered mine today. 32 days should be plenty of time.

I never was able to find the link to order luggage tags on our 5 day to Bermuda but read on other threads that RCI has been experimenting on some sailings with print your own and such. We are in Canada so as far as I could tell they did not make them available outside the US, though I was never able to get a firm answer from anyone.

In the end our package arrived from the travel agent which included printed luggage tags and plastic holders for them. I gather other lines have been experimenting with print your own and RCI seems to be doing it on select cruises. These tags are sort of a hybrid between the regular ones and the one printed straight onto paper. I will see how they work. There is also only one each - now just my wife and I and 5 days so we were one bag each anyway but we are on FOS back to back in January 2013 with 2 kids so we will need more than one each I suspect.

Bob

I never was able to find the link to order luggage tags on our 5 day to Bermuda but read on other threads that RCI has been experimenting on some sailings with print your own and such. We are in Canada so as far as I could tell they did not make them available outside the US, though I was never able to get a firm answer from anyone.

In the end our package arrived from the travel agent which included printed luggage tags and plastic holders for them. I gather other lines have been experimenting with print your own and RCI seems to be doing it on select cruises. These tags are sort of a hybrid between the regular ones and the one printed straight onto paper. I will see how they work. There is also only one each - now just my wife and I and 5 days so we were one bag each anyway but we are on FOS back to back in January 2013 with 2 kids so we will need more than one each I suspect.

Bob

I am also from Canada and will be sailing on Explorer at the end of August...I was able to send the request for luggage tags and I did receive them in the mail so I am not sure why you cannot unless they have disabled it for certain sailings?

Aww...I thought the Aquarium Bar looked pretty cool from the pictures I saw. Boleros has always been a popular spot on my previous cruises. Not surprised they added this to Explorer.

Sorry if wrong area. I have tried this 2 other times in other sections. Just became Diamond and going on explorer of the seas in Sept. If i wanted to order a "virgin" ie: pina colada drink while in diamond event/area, is that free, or do i just get 25% off (no liquor in it)? Thanks so much

All of them? Is there a kiddie pool?

Adventure Beach is on the back of the Explorer. It is very nice. It has a different size slides one of which is 2 story tube slide. There are 23 photos on the attached link. Just click on the Blue Explorer bar on the lower middle section of the screen. Also, there is a lot of other info on this site.

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/publicspaces/12_youth-advbeach/gallery.html

I have actually heard more good things about Explorer and her and crew than any other ship in the fleet, including Oasis and Allure.

It seems that the people that love the Explorer, really love her. And that there's a lot of people that feel this way :)

Makes me really excited for my trip!! :D

We love the Explorer and love the crew and have sailed on her many times. Someday we will get back to her as she is just a few hours from us. For now we are busy exploring islands the Explorer used to go to when she did port intensive 12 night cruises.

Special shout out to Jody our restaurant coordinator and Zafer up in Portofinos....Rica from the Phillipines our favorite room attendant...but then again we have some favs that are now on the Adventure of the Seas too....shout out to Augustino!!!

We love the Explorer and love the crew and have sailed on her many times. Someday we will get back to her as she is just a few hours from us. For now we are busy exploring islands the Explorer used to go to when she did port intensive 12 night cruises.

Special shout out to Jody our restaurant coordinator and Zafer up in Portofinos....Rica from the Phillipines our favorite room attendant...but then again we have some favs that are now on the Adventure of the Seas too....shout out to Augustino!!!

People love the Explorer because they truly have the best crew in the fleet. I think it is due in large part to the number of repeat passengers from the tri state area. The crew really remember you by name and welcome you back.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by celebrity