All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Hello Explorer friends! We are sailing August 30th- wondering if you can answer a question i've not been able to find an answer to! Are there bathrobes available for use in the cabins? We really enjoyed that on the Carnival Miracle last year so I'm hoping...

Thanks for the info!

Hello Explorer friends! We are sailing August 30th- wondering if you can answer a question i've not been able to find an answer to! Are there bathrobes available for use in the cabins? We really enjoyed that on the Carnival Miracle last year so I'm hoping...

Thanks for the info!

in junior suite and above cabins, or platinum c&a status and above

I totally agree with my esteemd colleague. Especially since we shared the cabana. And would do it again in a New York second, if we are invited to of course.

With regards to the cabana....how many people can it comfortably hold? How many lounge chairs are there and how many tickets to the upgraded buffet do you get? Thanks.

The show times are different based on formal night or not....

Maybe 7:30 & 9:30 ish and then 9:30 & 10:30....ish.

I was often able to make the early show if we ate at 6...

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

Before they started MTD, the shows were geared to first and second sitting. More than 1/2 show times will be switched around meaning...if you are 2nd/late sitting, most the shows will start at 7-7:30 with the rest at their regular time around 10:15 or 10:30. Formal nights will start a little later since people are taking photos around the ship and tend to linger longer at dinner.

RCL tends to flip flop the show times meaning first seating will go after dinner and second sitting will go before dinner.

With MTD, you can go at anytime.

MARAPRINCE

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the loyalty ambassador located on the explorer? I have searched through all the deck plans and cannot find it anywhere!!

Aft elevators deck 6shows as blank space on deck plan

Edited by red devil

We were on EOS in January and loved it, looking to book for Jan 2014, but read somewhere that it was scheduled for a dry dock. Is there somewhere to confirm if this is true and what they would be doing. Just curious.

Also, have never booked directly with RCCL and wondered if there is an advantage in doing so.

Thanks for your help, Terri

we just sailed in a junior suite and there were no robes.

But the walk in closet that we used as a chaging room was awesome!!

We just got off the 5 night to Bermuda in a JS and had 2 bathrobes which were great. I suspect they were forgotten in your room as they are supposed to be there. I do not normally use one but found this great - especially with the balcony. The walk in closet was amazing. We have always had a Promenade Stateroom so this was a real step up.

In terms of timing as someone was asking. We arrived around 10:20, waited in the lounge until 11:15 or so and then we were the first ones on the ship. There was a wedding party but they went straight to the chapel so we were actually the first ones in the Windjammer and the first ones by the pool in the Solarium. I would aim to arrive around 10:30 as that would mean being processed before the first shuttles go. This was our second trip this year on EOS and we loved it.

Bob

I was just wondering what the shops on the explorer are like? Im going on it 9/23 to Bermuda....and Since I have many female relatives celebrating bdays in October, I was wondering if there were alot of options for purchasing upscale makeup, costume jewelry, perfume? I know the Princess had some nice stores for that and the prices were decent. So anyone have info on the selection and pricing? Thanks

I was just wondering what the shops on the explorer are like? Im going on it 9/23 to Bermuda....and Since I have many female relatives celebrating bdays in October, I was wondering if there were alot of options for purchasing upscale makeup, costume jewelry, perfume? I know the Princess had some nice stores for that and the prices were decent. So anyone have info on the selection and pricing? Thanks

There is a fashion boutique, a perfume shop, and a few others that you might find interesting. All of the shops are located on deck five on the promenade. Here are the deck plans for that deck, so you can see the names of the shops themselves: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=05&shipCode=EX&shipProfile=1429&sailDate=1120909&hasNavigation=false

I agree lovetocruiserccl! I to will miss EOS! Great ship and staff!

Especially since no on knows much about the Sunshine class ship....could be a good thing, could be unpopular to some....

We love the size ans space of the Explorer, with it's limited whistles and bells....

From what i understand...Princess has an in house buying dept whereas royal (and CCL) basically get their stuff.from the same outside company.

Having worked in retail over 20 years...i would say that royal has opportunities to improve their merchandise selection fleetwide.....

That said....people buy stuff but it isnt that exciting...

Not knocking them at all...however..IMO when i started cruising 8 years ago there was a better variety of items in the shops...

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

Hi everyone, great to see so much love for Explorer. We're from the UK and looking at doing Explorer next year. Just wondering how close teh statue of Liberty/ Manhattan skyline is when you sail and if so on what side. Thanks