All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

This will be our first time on EOS, re: the email posted earlier, do we have to request our 6pm dining time through the RCCL email address or could we do something online through Royal Caribbean via our existing reservation? I thought I saw something a while back that had areas to click on for things such as soda package, dinner time, etc? We have until June so when do you suggest we make our reservations?

You should also e-mail them to put in your request--in addition to doing it on your Pre-Cruise Planner. Earlier is always better, but if you haven't gotten confirmation within four weeks of your sailing, you should send a follow-up e-mail.

You should also e-mail them to put in your request--in addition to doing it on your Pre-Cruise Planner. Earlier is always better, but if you haven't gotten confirmation within four weeks of your sailing, you should send a follow-up e-mail.

I wasn't sure if it was too early, I will do that today then, thank you so much!

Now I just have to figure out if we should eat on the ship or in BDA on our first and only night on the island. Any opinion?:confused:

I just emailed/requested 6PM Traditional Dining Time, we had this on one other cruise (my inlaws booked for everyone)

and it seemed to work well because we were able to make all the show times. Hope it works out with this cruise too.

Edited by luvfamvaca
adding more comments

Beach towels are signed out on the pool deck. You can take them off shore with you any time. You can then exchange them on the pool deck for clean ones when you get back or just sign them back in. They track the towels with your seapass card. If you don't return all that you sign out, there is a $25 charge for each towel. You can always tell the passengers at the beach because everyone's towel matches.

Has anyone done a B2B on the EX? Where do you meet for the staff to take you to customs and will they transfer the baggage from one stateroom to another? Thanks.

YES!!! Several...

you will get a letter telling you what to do...i think we met in the champagne bar but that varied..

yes, they will move your stuff...just pack folded things....and "stuff" ...anything on hangers will be moved just like that.....

make sure your reservations are linked through the b2b desk and let your cabin attendant know....

We're new to RCL and the Explorer and I have a question about the Formal nights on the Explorer.

For a Man, is a Dress shirt, Dress pants and Tie good to go, or do I need a Jacket also? (I'm trying not to pack too much)

Thanks

We're new to RCL and the Explorer and I have a question about the Formal nights on the Explorer.

For a Man, is a Dress shirt, Dress pants and Tie good to go, or do I need a Jacket also? (I'm trying not to pack too much)

Thanks

Yes,

You can wear just about anything.

I will be leaving on Explorer this Sunday. Could some one tell me what time the show is on the last night? I want to make a reservation for Portifino's, and

from what I can remember, there was only one show that night.

Are all the other production shows still shown twice each night?

I will be leaving on Explorer this Sunday. Could some one tell me what time the show is on the last night? I want to make a reservation for Portifino's, and

Just returned from the Explorer. The showtime was at 9pm on the last night( only 1). All the other production shows are on twice.

Another Question from a First Timer about Boarding at Bayonne:

What Paperwork is needed and how many I.D.'s are needed for Boarding at Bayonne? Will a Passport and Drivers License be good?

Thanks

You need either a passport OR a driver's license and birth certificate. If you mamage to book under a residency rate keep in mind that your passport will not show your State of residency so make sure you also have something like a driver's license to show your address.

You need either a passport OR a driver's license and birth certificate. If you mamage to book under a residency rate keep in mind that your passport will not show your State of residency so make sure you also have something like a driver's license to show your address.

Thanks...We'll just use our Passports then...Simple enough...

Anything else I need to get on board.

What time does embarkation begin?

I think boarding began around 11:30 a.m. when we went. Anytime between 11 and 12 is fair game though.

Thanks

People drastically differ over what is appropriate attire on formal night. A lot of people do dress down even on that night, and you probably will not feel out of place not wearing a jacket. However, the "suggested" attire for that night is either jackets and ties or a tux for men.

On the seven-nighter, I think the last show was 7:30 p.m. It doesn't make sense that it would be 9 p.m. if there is only one, since that would conflict with second seating. If there is only one show it is usually 7:30 or 7:45 p.m.