Pizza Delivery Room Service now $5 ?

bryanjaync

Except this isn't an internal document. It's accessible to you, me and everyone else through a link on NCL's web site, and was clearly written for passengers and potential passengers.

I don't think that matters. Having it available for all passengers puts everyone on notice as to the "worst-case scenario" for dining fees. Once you're on the ship, if the fee happens not to be charged, the passenger ends up feeling like he's gotten a bargain or a break.

It's no different than changes in the specialty restaurant fees - sometimes reduced, sometimes 2-for-1, etc. The discounts are not advertised because they don't occur on all ships on all sailings. But when they do occur, the pax feel like they've been given a special deal.

I don't think that matters. Having it available for all passengers puts everyone on notice as to the "worst-case scenario" for dining fees. Once you're on the ship, if the fee happens not to be charged, the passenger ends up feeling like he's gotten a bargain or a break.

It's no different than changes in the specialty restaurant fees - sometimes reduced, sometimes 2-for-1, etc. The discounts are not advertised because they don't occur on all ships on all sailings. But when they do occur, the pax feel like they've been given a special deal.

Except in this case, the "discount" (free room service after midnight) applies to all ships, and the "discount" for pizza delivery appies to all ships but the Epic. It's not as if this is an example of one ship offering a special. I suspect when the thing was put together NCL was talking about charging for these services, but the plans changed or were postponed.

My nephew might be at fault LOL.....when he was 20 (6 years ago) we took him on the Star with us. During the 7 day cruise he ordered a total of 22 pizzas from room service. But I assure you, he ate every bite!:eek:

I love it!

My nephew is 21 and could eat all day and still be a rail.

Enjoy it while they can.

Pastry is free at coffee bar? Never knew this as they looked so much more yummier than some of the mdr desserts offered!:)

Pastries, salads and other items in the Atrium Cafe display were free on the Epic, as was self-serve coffee. Specialty coffee drinks (Latte's, etc.) were extra.

We never ordered pizza or room service on the Epic. We were on 14 right under the Garden Cafe where we had easy access and a much better breakfast selection, and for late night eats the noodle bar or O'Sheehans were far better than room service grub (or that pizza)

comments on the java charge? if that is free i will be one happy camper though may not be sleeping too well!! lol

I saw the same thing you are talking about. I was like... YESSS Free specialty coffees! Hallelujah there is a higher power on my cruise and he is named free java! Then I read further and it says free regular coffee and pastries, and specialty coffees have a charge. I am new to NCL and I hated the coffee on Celebrity last year. I guess if this NCL coffee bar has real brewed coffee it will be a step ahead of Celebrity's (IMHO)

Less than 12 days to Bermuda on the GEM!

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

The new dining guide was posted to our website a bit early before we had a chance to announce these new Food & Beverage enhancements.

We are in the process of rolling out Norwegian Epic's popular Pizza 24/7 to all ships fleetwide. It should be implemented on all ships (except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Sun in Europe) in July. We are also in the process of rolling out a new room service menu fleetwide which will complimentary except from midnight to 5 a.m. when an overnight surcharge of $3.95 will be charged.

In addition, pastries and regular coffee in the Java Cafes fleetwide remain complimentary. Specialty coffees such as cappucinos, lattes, etc are available at a charge.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

The new dining guide was posted to our website a bit early before we had a chance to announce these new Food & Beverage enhancements.

We are in the process of rolling out Norwegian Epic's popular Pizza 24/7 to all ships fleetwide. It should be implemented on all ships (except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Sun in Europe) in July. We are also in the process of rolling out a new room service menu fleetwide which will complimentary except from midnight to 5 a.m. when an overnight surcharge of $3.95 will be charged.

In addition, pastries and regular coffee in the Java Cafes fleetwide remain complimentary. Specialty coffees such as cappucinos, lattes, etc are available at a charge.

Best,

As always, NCL, thanks for providing clarification!

Best,

As usual, thanks for providing clarification on this issue. I appreciate the time you all take to monitor these boards and provide corporate feedback when appropriate.

I know what it says. I read the document again before I wrote my post, and this isn't the first time I've seen this document. I'm still haven't seen a single report here of someone paying for pizza delivery other than on the Epic (the Epic has had this charge from the first day it sailed), and I haven't read a single report of anyone who was charged for late night room service on any NCL ship. Since people are usually quick to complain about having to pay for something that they used to get for no additional charge, I'm questioning whether NCL has actually implemented these charges. This wouldn't be the first time something posted on NCL's Web site was inaccurate.

I printed out the document several months ago and have it right with me. Back then the only ship it listed the $5 pizza delivery for was the Epic. Their current one has all the ships. It would appear that they have only just taken it fleetwide.

DH ordered one most every night on the Epic. It was very good pizza considering. A fresh one made just like they now have in the buffet, which is better pizza than they had a couple years ago. We ordered it via our butler and were not charged for it. Maybe we were just lucky.

How is charging me for something that used to be free an "enhancement"?:rolleyes:

I'm taking from this that the new room service menu will be more elaborate. Hope that's not just wishful thinking. ;)

How is charging me for something that used to be free an "enhancement"?:rolleyes:

The $5 pizza is new to every ship other than the Epic, it's not the small plate sized pizza that's been on the room service menu - it's a full pizza just like you'd get from the pizza chain at home. We got one once on the Epic when we didn't want to get up and go out to eat. It was ok but not great but worth the $5.

The late night surcharge is a ho-hum for me. If I really want it then I'll pay it, if I don't want it I'll eat earlier or go to Blue Lagoon.

Don't know about you but I have never had the need to order anything from room service between midnight and 5 am. If I am even up at that time' date=' and feeling hungry, a quick stop in Blue Lagoon is a much better option than the limited room service menu.[/color']

PE

Totally agree with you concerning the quick stop in the Blue Lagoon. I can walk my lazy butt to get the pizza rather then paying the $5.00 Pizza delivery charge. Besides chatting and joking with the other non-sleepers at 5am is worth the walk.

OceanDreams

Totally agree with you concerning the quick stop in the Blue Lagoon. I can walk my lazy butt to get the pizza rather then paying the $5.00 Pizza delivery charge. Besides chatting and joking with the other non-sleepers at 5am is worth the walk.

OceanDreams

Yes, indeed. When i was on the Sun last year, I had the worst insomnia and was up every morning from somewhere around 1 or 2 until 3 or 4. Also, the Internet works faster at those hours because there aren't as many people online :)

Totally agree with you concerning the quick stop in the Blue Lagoon...Besides chatting and joking with the other non-sleepers at 5am is worth the walk.

OceanDreams

Yes, indeed. When i was on the Sun last year, I had the worst insomnia and was up every morning from somewhere around 1 or 2 until 3 or 4... :)

Yet we all know the crowd to watch out for is the one walking around searching for food from 4am to 5 am ...! :D

coka

Best,

Please add Gluten Free pizza and some Gluten Free options to your room service menu! NCL has the best GF program at sea, but we would love to see some GF pizza delivered!

--Kim

I'm taking from this that the new room service menu will be more elaborate. Hope that's not just wishful thinking. ;)

I hope they make some major enhancements to the room service, breakfast menu. I'd even be happy to pay for it, if they'd offer an expanded menu.

I hope they make some major enhancements to the room service, breakfast menu. I'd even be happy to pay for it, if they'd offer an expanded menu.

Shhhhh. If they hear you it won't be long til they just start charging all the time for room service. I know the menu is skimpy, but I would hate if they take another free perk from us.

We are in the process of rolling out Norwegian Epic's popular Pizza 24/7 to all ships fleetwide. It should be implemented on all ships (except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Sun in Europe) in July.

:confused::confused::confused:

Archived