HAL-CC Hawaiian Cruise In Planning

RevNeal

DFD1 ... fantastic!
We would LOVE to have you!
Right now everybody is contingent upon what kind of a deal we can find. I hope to start that process this week ... though I'm now coming down with a bad cold, and that may slow me up a bit.

But your on the list. :) Hope things work out and you can join us! It's a wonderful cruise.

[font=Arial][size=3][color=black]Get Well Soon RevNeal! I'm also hoping and praying for your cruise to be a big sucess like ours will be :) I too wish we were going on this cruise! We all would have a blast with our blenders and skeet shooters!!!!![/color][/size][/font] ;)

I've done a little research with a couple of online TAs. The following is based upon the quotes I got from them. IF we get a group rate, I would hope we can get a little lower than this ... or, perhaps, a few perks on top.

Again, these are averaged from among several online TAs. They are lower than HAL's website quotes. And, they are per-person based on Double Occupancy and include taxes and port fees.

J-Category Inside: $1,783.78
E-Category Outside: $2,088.28
B-Category Verandah: $2,871.28
S-Category Suite: $6,272.98

Again, those are per-person rates in double-occupancy.

With the single supplement each is rather more, but not TOO much more in the peon Categories (in which I usually cruise):

J-Category Inside: $2549.38
E-Category Outside: $3001.78
B-Category Verandah: $5202.88
S-Category Suite: $11,666.97

In other words, if you're going alone get an inside or, perhaps, an outside. If you want a B or an S, bring someone with you ... you might as well, because you're paying for 'em even if you don't.

I would expect that some of these prices will drop some over the next many months, and I would also hope that if we go for a group rate we can manage better than the above. However, I'm pleased with these rates even as they are. So ... I'm going! :D

[quote name='revneal']Sillyjilly, hope things will work out that you'll be able to join us in 06! And welcome![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope I can join you all too. I've enjoyed reading these boards. You all seem so friendly. :)

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Nice price quotes, Rev Neal. Just over $1000 less than HAL website for the S cabin! I'd say that is fantastic! Definitely going be part of this group cruise! Just let us know the details for booking & down payment!:D [/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]Kris[/color][/font][/b]

Once I have a little bit better idea how many are interested with ball-park figures like these, we'll know if we can get a group rate.

I'm also in the process of looking for more quotes. I've been given a couple more TA leads to look into for possible rate quotes -- and even possible tentative Group quotes. So ... as I said, these figures are not tacked down. They're reflective of what I've been able to find for individual bookings.

Those who are Definite:

RevNeal (1)
Vic The Parrot (1)
longtimecruiser (1)
WindyCity (3)

An others?

Paul and Debbi are quite serious about making this our 2006 annual cruise. We have not been there since our honeymoon in 1978... it's time to return!

Please consider us as serious participants....

The prices look pretty good! Thanks Rev Neal for doing all the work so far.

[quote name='revneal']Those who are Definite:

RevNeal (1)
Vic The Parrot (1)
longtimecruiser (1)
WindyCity (3)

An others?[/QUOTE]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]RuthC (1)---assuming she's alive and breathing![/color][/size][/font]

We are still considering this. I just have to convince my hubby. The rate looks good, but if we can get a better rate as a group, it will be that much easier to convince him. :)
We'll be married 20 years Sept. 20, 2006. That would be a wonderful way to celebrate!

I've been asked to give an update on where we stand right now. So, here's the list of those who have expressed at least an interest in this cruise:

RevNeal (1)
Vic The Parrot (1)
longtimecruiser (1)
grannynurse (2)
cuttle (2)
boards (2)
iluvcruzin (2)
2forTravelin (2)
getaway101 (2)
bobpatj (2)
RuthC (1)
BCEagle78 (2)
WindyCity (3)
Sillyjilly (2)
DFD1 (2)
TexasDH (2)

Have I missed anyone who has expressed an interest? In addition to those listed here, I've had 3 couples contact me in some way (e-mail, etc) expressing an interest but they have not yet posted on this thread. I'll not include them until either they post, or until they actually book with our group. :)

Of the above, some are already definite about going while others are still considering or trying to twist DH/DW/DSO arms. We'll sort that distinction out when we have more news on the issue of Group Rates, etc. As of right now we've got 16 cabins and 29 people (19 cabins and 35 if those other 3 couples sign up). Do any more want to join!?

I have e-mailed LauraS about a CC Group Rate. I've not heard back from her yet, but I only e-mailed her today. I think it's proper for us to give CC first crack at trying to get us a group rate before we look elsewhere. If it turns out we're too small to qualify for a group rate, or if their price is just way out of range (i.e., we can go independently for a LOT cheaper), then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now I'm going to be hopeful and positive that LaruaS can do something good for us.

Keep your eyes on this thread until we know more. IF it turns out that we're going to get a formal CC Group rate, then we'll go full-bore over on the CC-Group area. If not, we'll throw together our small informal group on the Roll Call board.

Nite all!

Greg: Thanks for all your research on this. Your preliminary (sp) rates look quite reasonable. Now, if we can just find a stowaway seat or two from Atlanta to the coast and back...Let me know if you have any ideas.

Although we are still interested, for us, because of health issues, it is difficult to plan something so far ahead. I think I had better count us out for now and if things change closer to the time, we can always book on our own (depending on availability of course) and hopefully the CC Group will let us join the group activities even though we won't be booking with the group.

I'll continue to watch the thread and keep my fingers crossed that we can join you.

Gee, I haven't even told DH we're going yet and I've already picked out a cabin. :eek:

Can I reserve it and then just switch over to the group? Or, should I just calm down and wait?

I'm off to finish packing now. Yahoooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Jill

I had posted the questions below on the main message board and Heather suggested that I might want to post them here. I didn't realize that every group cruise is unique in how they are set up and the 'rules' vary by the cruise. I also now think these questions are pretty premature but, well here goes.

What's different about a group cruise from a regular cruise (other than the great company I'll be keeping)? Since I've only been on one cruise (with a second one this year), I'm a real novice at this. Does signing up for a Group Cruise change how I book the cruise? Can I still pick our cabin? On the last cruise, I discovered that I could get shipboard credit if we signed up for a future cruise and then I could move the booking to my own travel agent (who got us a much better price while I still kept the shipboard credit). Can I still do that? Or does the group rate cancel out the shipboard credit?
Sorry to be so naive.
Thanks -
cindy

Cuttle,

Patience, grasshopper. :)
I would imagine people will be booking, etc., for quite a while. We've got 19 months to go. And, sure, if when you book we don't have any more cabins, you can join us in events! The more the better. At least, I can't see why not!?

I have a feeling this will be a fairly informal group (not in terms of clothing but in terms of events and "rules.")

In short, sit back and relax. No one is asking anyone to book right now ... we've just barely started looking into a group rate with LauraS. I've gotten word back from her that we need to wait until they finish negotiating group rate rules, etc., with HAL. We and the Caribbean Group are in the same ship, so to speak, on this ... so ....

Archived