HAL-CC Hawaiian Cruise In Planning

RevNeal

Okay ... fellow CCers ... now that the HAL CCer Caribbean Cruise appears to be settled on 10/29/06, I want to throw out an alternative.

For all of you who couldn't make that date and/or would rather cruise in the Pacific, why don't you join at least two other CCers -- RevNeal and VictheParrot -- for the October 7, 2006 Zaandam cruise to Hawaii.

If you would like to join us, let us know on this thread. If the numbers reach "group" size, we'll work through LauraS to get a group rate. Otherwise, if it's just a small handful, we'll make it an official "unofficial" cruise.

:)

So, if you want to join us, post below!

For all of you who couldn't make that date and/or would rather cruise in the Pacific, why don't you join at least two other CCers -- RevNeal and VictheParrot -- for the October 7, 2006 Zaandam cruise to Hawaii.

Oh, Rev, how I would love to. But it's just too many days ... too much money. I won't have enough of either by October of 2006.

But, I have an idea! If you love Hawaii so much, why not go all out? The January 6th, 2006 voyage to Hawaii and the South Pacific on the Amsterdam. I'm already booked on that one and it's for a glorious 30 days!

Just think of all the mischief we could get into with 30 days on our hands!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Oh, how I'd LOVE to do this.....unfortunately as a teacher, I'll be otherwise engaged with 7th and 8th graders!

If this CC cruise is a go, perhaps there could be a pre-sailway party the evening before--there may be many of us who can't sail who would like to at least meet up with you lucky folks you CAN take this cruise!

The cruise is 15 days in length.

Let's keep collecting names. I don't know how many we need to get a group rate. But, we'll find out. And even if we don't have enough to do that, there's no reason why several of us can't meet on the cruise. Vic is going (it's his Birthday present to himself) and I'm going because I want to go back to Hawaii. Christopher isn't going to go ... he's not interesting in going back to Hawaii again ... I know ... he's weird. Gotta love 'em.

As for the 30 day cruise on the Amsterdam ... I'd love to ... but a full month is difficult to come by that soon after 14 days on the Westerdam in November. :)

Not to mention the money.

As for the 30 day cruise on the Amsterdam ... I'd love to ... but a full month is difficult to come by that soon after 14 days on the Westerdam in November. :)

Not to mention the money.

Money? You're a pastor ... can't you do services onboard in return for your fare? :)

But, believe me ... I understand. Thirty days is a long time. You have not idea the groveling I had to do at work to get that amount of time off. :( And I don't even have to worry about another cruise in the same year.

Blue skies ...

--rita

All right Greg!

Not too early to get the ball rolling on this one.

I have a feeling this Hawaii cruise will be fantastic!

GN and longtimecruiser, it will be great to have you on board!

Since I can't make it to the islands this fall, I'm

definetely doing it in 2006.

And, the more the merrier!

Let's hope we can coax Ruth in going......

Christopher isn't going to go ... he's not interesting in going back to Hawaii again ...

That's the first I've heard ANYONE say that!!

:eek:

I'm with the countless others out there who fell in love with those islands, and vowed to come back. To each his own, I guess.

I've waited 14 years to go back, and won't let this opportunity

slip by me! Can't believe it took that lei 14 years to make it to a Hawaiian beach ......

COUNT ME IN!!!!! I have checked the Hal website and found out it is 15 days. That is great.There will be just me and I'm going to convince Ruth to go. I don't think I'll have to twist her arm too much. Believe it or not, I've never been to Hawaii. Been to Europe and all over but never Hawaii. I have wanted to go since I was ten years old. This sounds like it will be so much fun. What a great way to go to Hawaii for the first time with my CC friends. Let me know any details as soon as you have any. Thanks for suggesting this trip. Looking forward to it but it is sooooooo far away. Adele

MaryAnn the future cruise consultant on the Rotterdam told me that you can combine a mariner discount with a group sailing. The numbers: 15 people or 9 cabins booked together. I also have another resource which cannot be discussed on this board, but we can email.

Have you spoken to Laura yet?

We were looking at B2B in Alaska for summer of 2006, but nothing is in stone, so tentatively plan on us being on this trip. We'll see what evolves.

GN

I just realized that I had inadvertantly ignored you. Are you already booked on the Zaandam? Boy this would be a great trip. S*** disturbers (not anonymous).

Fill me in on your plans. Flying into San diego early? Sailimg solo? Tell me!!!

I think we'd have a great cast of characters, of course we may be PNG with HAL afterwards but......

GN

Perhaps I worded it wrong. If we go to the beginning and read Rev Neal's post he proposed this as an Alternative Cruise. My thoght was that when the dust settles maybe there will be more cruise critic members on the Hawaiian Cruise rather than on the Caribbean Cruise.

Himself

We would be interested, we are looking to plan a special cruise or land trip for our 50th anniversary, although our thoughts were leaning towards Australia. I think weather conditions might favour Hawaii though, at that time of the year.

Greg, you can have as few as 8 cabins and it's a group cruise. So that's a definite possibility for you. Too bad it's in 2006 because another year later we could have afforded and probably would have loved to do this cruise with you. It would be fantastic.

But no fair taking away "my" group!!! I'll cry "foul" on that for sure;) .

Have to say I don't really understand either one of Himself's post. What dust needs to settle? Never mind, it doesn't really matter.

If it works out, we'll have group cruises to the Caribbean, Alaska and Hawaii!!!

I may be interested RevNeal. It's about time I revisit Hawaii. October is a great time to go. I'll keep checking the post and see what you come up with as far as pricing. I'm looking for cruises other than the Carribean for 2006.

Money? You're a pastor ... can't you do services onboard in return for your fare?

The agency that contracts protestant chaplains has a nice long waiting list ... but I'm trying. We'll see what happens. :D

Archived