Upgrade question/help

IMO, the OP gave the TA the birthdates in order to book the cruise right?? So, the TA had the info that the 3rd pax was that age. The OP didnt need to make anything clear .. the TA knew by the birthdates and the TA should have checked the deckplans at the time of booking and advised them.

TA's do not ask for birth dates.

RCL asks for an age range. 25-45, 45-55, 55+

The OP may have asked for the least expensive triple cabin and an E1 is it

TA's do not ask for birth dates.

RCL asks for an age range. 25-45, 45-55, 55+

The OP may have asked for the least expensive triple cabin and an E1 is it

I for one have had travel agents ask for dates of birth, not only for a cruise but also when booking an all-inclusive.

My TA asks me about birth date as well and RCI wants to know birth dates when completing the Set Sail pass. I have no problem with the TA asking already and having the information in the system with RCI already.

But the whole point seems irrelevant anyway, as the OP said they told the TA they need a sofa bed.

My TA asks me about birth date as well and RCI wants to know birth dates when completing the Set Sail pass. I have no problem with the TA asking already and having the information in the system with RCI already.

But the whole point seems irrelevant anyway, as the OP said they told the TA they need a sofa bed.

Again, Royal Caribbean does not ask for birth dates and the TA doesn't put them in for you even if they take them from you. You enter them when you do your setsail pass.

Again, Royal Caribbean does not ask for birth dates and the TA doesn't put them in for you even if they take them from you. You enter them when you do your setsail pass.

Whatever, they are in there when I go to complete my SetSail Pass. You can argue this until you get blue, my TA asks for them, it´s OK for me to give it to them, when I go to my SetSail Pass they are there already and most important it has nothing to do with the topic at hand anyway.

If you sleep better, ok TA´s don´t need to ask for birthdates but still many do.:rolleyes:

Call your TA and get mad and have them call rccl and plead your case

The TA screwed up big time and should offer something in return....OBC, free spa or dinner...something....the reason u used the TA was becAuse they were supposed to know more than you!!!

Onlu us cc peeps are obsessed enuf to know what the little symbols mean and obsess over deck plans for the best room:p

Call !!

This post has been interesting, it backs up what I already know, doing your own research on CC is better than a TA. If you had booked this with the cruise line they would own the problem, instead you will have to sleep on a pullman while your TA earns a commission.

For the record, our TA asked for birthdates too. (Is a :p too much here?)

I only HAD to chime in because I find these boards to be "frosty" and "patronizing" too! I come here occasionally for advice when we have a cruise booked and do find good answers from some helpful people and really appreciate that. But, I can't believe how often I read posts like this attacking the OP.

OP, sorry for your situation. Hope you have a wonderful time anyway!

In the UK the TAs have to ask for the birth dates as it is part of the info they must submit. Especially when flights are involved as they need to collect middle names too. It's required over here.

In the UK the TAs have to ask for the birth dates as it is part of the info they must submit. Especially when flights are involved as they need to collect middle names too. It's required over here.

Wouldn't RCCL/TA also need to ask for birthdates to ensure those booking are old enough to actually book the cruise...as in 21yrs old.:D

must be because of where you live

It has nothing to do with where I live.

Example...Allure booking last year...shared room with 3 others...all their birthdates were in our reservation...booking made with US TA...all the others in the room were from the US.

I am using a UK TA and the birthdates are required on the booking form I submit.

RCL asks for age range, not birthdates

0-18

18-25

25-45

45-55

55+

I don't know why some people have to be so patronising on this forum.

Here is a screen shot of my booking through RCCI UK for my upcoming cruise with my mum - note the date of birth fields with our full DOBs (I've covered all but the year but it doesn't change my point).

60b106eb.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, our full names and dates of birth were taken with the original booking.

We didn't ask for the cheapest room for 3, we'd actually upgraded from an inside and my OH now seems to recall the TA confiming with the RCL operator that the room we had chosen had a sofa bed while we were there! So really don't know where this has gone wrong for us!

It's really frustrating and is beginning to ruin the build up to our holiday now.

We're going to go in tomorrow and see what happens.

Baileygirls- I'm so sorry that you are having this problem and unfortunately with a full ship, it doesn't look as though there will be a solution. But try not to let it ruin your vacation. Everyone deserves a nice vacation. I hope you have a great time anyway.

I do not know what is wrong with everyone here lately. Why does everyone have to be so aggressive when the OP obviously has a problem with the booking of their cruise?

So maybe the ship is full. Maybe it is too late to change cabins. But do you have to be so unsympathetic and IMO unpleasant?

I sometimes think that a lot of experienced cruisers here on CC forget what it was like to be new to all this.

We are about to go on our 25th cruise but I still can remember how strange everything was the first time.

RCL asks for age range, not birthdates

0-18

18-25

25-45

45-55

55+

Not on my booking. In fact the TA finally had to go to drop down menus, because people from the US kept filling in the form incorrectly as UK puts the month then the day, then the year, and it kept screwing up their bookings.

Its still worth putting up with the strangeness of a UK TA for me.

I know you might be disappointed by the room set up, but IMO, having the pullman bed and not the sofa bed will be a much better set up. You will have a significant amount of extra room space with the pullman that would be lost by the sofa bed.

I also have heard that that sofa bed can be hit or miss on comfortability, but as someone who has slept in many a pullmans, I have always found them extremely comfortable.

Just look at the bright side...you now have more of an excuse to spend more time outside the room enjoying all the ship has to offer! :D

Archived