Platinum requirements changing

Where did you read that? Link please.

There's been talk for months and months about Plat perks being ugraded.

Hasn't happened yet. They keep saying "soon".

yea someone else posted this as if it was a fact and I asked for back up to it .. of course they never posted any back up .. just rumor posted as fact.

PS to me they have been talking about this for years and years, not months... its been speculated on forever.

JH has teases at better perks for Platinum but nothing definite. But is it the perks that are changing or the requirements to become Platinum like the title of this thread suggests?

I think both, but not just Platinum. My guess is they will still keep the 10 cruises, but maybe add additional ways (like cruise days). Maybe introduce new levels and/or rename the levels.

I think both, but not just Platinum. My guess is they will still keep the 10 cruises, but maybe add additional ways (like cruise days). Maybe introduce new levels and/or rename the levels.

Hopefully they will add something new like platinum cocktail party or lunch with the officers.

I'd like to see a proposal for cruise days to make Platinum. We don't live near a port (5 hours away) so we take longer cruises. If I lived in Miami or Long Beach where the 3 day cruises leave from, I'd been Platinum in a year.

With the low rates they charge for sailing , coupled with they model they have for gently adding for products/ services ( wings, better steaks on non steakhouse ships)

my guess would be the changes will not be that great on the benefit side

But will transistion on the requirement side

More points for spending habits.

Think Hal something like that

When airlines change their rewards ( not thru acqusition) it usually takes 2 or 3 hrs of well placed marketing and hyperbole , then they pull the trigger

Just my guess

I'd like to see a proposal for cruise days to make Platinum. We don't live near a port (5 hours away) so we take longer cruises. If I lived in Miami or Long Beach where the 3 day cruises leave from, I'd been Platinum in a year.

thats what RCL did, which made it harder, not easier to reach levels for most people.

they added a bonus of 3 days to everyone during the conversion to stop the complaining ..somewhat.

when you need 10 seven day cruises instead of whichever length, people who live in florida complained as they had gotten up the ladder on short little cruises.

The Platinum level isn't very exclusive these days - I don't see those perks changing much, if any. On some cruises, there can be hundreds of platinum cruisers.

What is funny to me is the peasants line at guest services is sometimes shorter than the Platinum line, and typically moves faster, yet some people will stay in the Platinum line at all costs.

This was a reply on John Heald's blog to a woman who felt it was beneath her to sit with 1st time cruisers, since she is Milestone.

John says:

Hello Anne Roper,

Well please allow me to start by addressing your final point and that is that absolutely we do appreciate the loyalty of our past guests and most definitely we acknowledge those who have cruised with us 25 time or more and are therefore holders of the Milestone card. People here are bored with me saying this and somewhat frustrated as well but there will be a new loyalty program introduced early next year and there will be changes that I know everyone will appreciate, especially those like yourself whose loyalty has been outstanding.

That's where the source came from.

Credibility in this case, owing to empty words/promises for the last couple of years, is GONE. Can you say "CRYING WOLF"?!

I don't care what John or anyone says: WORDS ARE CHEAP...:(

I will believe it when I SEE IT!! Sadly, even then, they will screw up its implementation by, once again, not properly informing or training their people down the line...

End of story.

Tom

Personally, I can not see them ever changing completely to the number of days.

(matters neither way to us...since we have plenty of both)

but there are just to many years (20+) where Carnival has no records for.

People are having a hard enough time getting old cruises added...much less how many days they were.

I just got my brother-in-law's 7 cruises from 1982-1990 added....but that was only because he cruised with my husband we had all the documentation. If it wasn't for us....he would have had no proof since he did not keep up with stuff like that.

I DO see Carnival changing the way they handle cruises longer than 13 days....I see them making those worth 2 credits...but I see that as being FUTURE cruises and not grandfathered in.

Credibility in this case, owing to empty words/promises for the last couple of years, is GONE. Can you say "CRYING WOLF"?!

I will believe it when I SEE IT!! Sadly, even then, they will screw up its implementation by, once again, not properly informing or training their people down the line...

End of story.

Tom

Yes, as much as I love the Carnival product....consistancy is NOT their strong suit.....

We have had to get on more than one ship without our Milestone card....the lady in Mobile did not even know what a Milestone was and could not find our name on the VIP list. She accused us of photoshopping the VIP onto our Fun Pass. At this time, all 3 of our family members had over 35 cruises with Carnival each.

Personally, I can not see them ever changing completely to the number of days.

It wouldnt matter if they did it like RCL and gave people credit for 7 day cruises during the changeover, it was only new cruises that the length counted.

Some had some 9 day cruises, so they got gipped by 2 days, so no one is always going to be happy no matter how its done. RCL already gave double credit for 12 days and up, so now its just days.

I wish I had credit for my 3 missing carnival cruises... but dont have any proof. i need someone like you who has my proof.

My guess is they will add some milestone perks, since there are none now other than the one time OBC.

or other levels.

Carnival has the worst milestone program on the 7 seas. Your 25th cruise and your 50th cruise. OBC to give back. They are more interested in the blue cards.

End of story.

Tom

Kind of pessimistic aren't you?

Kind of pessimistic aren't you?

Actually there are quite a few people in guest services who do not know the current platinum benefits. For example some do not know platinums get priority tendering.

With some changes will get worse before it gets better.

It is in the works, but the problem they are having is getting a program written and interfaced with all of the main programs Carnival uses. They need to build the program to work with what they have and then find a way to bridge the gap with the old and new. The two system have to work together to convert the info into the new Platiunum program and hope to hell it works!!!!!!!

I would like them to make it the number of days. I don't know if they would do it retroactively, or a "This day forward" approach. The problem is Carnival has so many passengers that are Platinum. Many are people who live near port and can do four or five three day or four day cruises in one year. It is still possible for someone who lives in Florida to get to Platinum status in under two years by simply going on three and four day weekend getaways to the Bahamas. I wouldn't bother with the three and four day as I spend most of the waking part of a day travelling to Florida, so wouldn't go on anything less than a six day.

I wouldn't be suprised that we will still be talking about this topic ths time next year. I know enough from where I work that if they say six months they really means 12-18 months because they will encounter interface and compatibility problems, and more!

Archived