Current Captains Con't

Currently on Anthem. Talked with an upper management individual and was told that Captain Claus is currently on vacation.

As to his returning here, I believe he will, but IMHO, the dust has to settle before that happens.

Thanks Patti, hope the cruise is going well!

Thanks Patti, hope the cruise is going well!

You're welcome.

Going very well. We had a little weather disturbance after we left Cape Liberty with some rain, wind and some swells, but didn't really feel it. Today is it finally warming up with blue skies and calm seas and the outdoor pool area is very busy,

Thank you, Libby. Since you quoted me, I presume you think I called someone a liar, which is not true. I said that I hoped we had not been lied to. I probably should have used better phrasing, such as "inadvertently misrepresented the facts." Is that more acceptable?

I wrote Michael Bayley directly although I knew it would probably be someone from his office that responded. Did you get the same "canned" response that I and many others got from a lady in Executive Guest Relations? If in fact, Captain Claus is gone, we were definitely lied to. We have two conflicting reports from two different ladies here on CC who I respect very much.

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. It is my pleasure to respond on behalf of Mr. Bayley.

Mr. Bayley cannot thank you enough for sharing your kind words regarding Captain Claus. He has the utmost respect for the Captain and his decades of experience serving our brand. Captain Claus is currently assisting us in Miami with our investigation and will be returning to the Anthem of the Seas shortly.

Mr. Bayley greatly appreciates you taking the time to write to him. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support for your brand.

Best regards,

Edited by ryano

Thanks Karen...now who is Capt Shawn replacing on AD?? OK I just figured it out...Capt Toni Calne. So where is Capt Toni moving to??? LOL (it never ends)

So where has Captain Toni Calne gone?

As there are two Tonis, I got confused on the way, but I saw his name missing from the list. So where did he go?

So where has Captain Toni Calne gone?

As there are two Tonis, I got confused on the way, but I saw his name missing from the list. So where did he go?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking...what ship will Capt Calne be assigned to? (Empress maybe????)

Well, I took a look at his Fb page and he comments in current profile photo to somebody that he will be on FR in April, and then somebody asks about Freedom's current location. Could 'FR' mean freedom?

Yes, FR is Royal's abbreviation for Freedom.

Captain Toni Calne is Freedom bound.

Oh cool! We'll be on Freedom May 8th so I'll get to meet him! Now where is Capt Ron Holmes going? LOL I had Capt Espen leaving May 8th for vacation for Capt Espen must be doing a shorter rotation?

Edited by wolfcathorse

Oh cool! We'll be on Freedom May 8th so I'll get to meet him! Now where is Capt Ron Holmes going? LOL I had Capt Espen leaving May 8th for vacation for Capt Espen must be doing a shorter rotation?

I think Captain Been began his rotation on Freedom 2/28. That would be about 10 weeks, if he goes home May 8.

I think Captain Been began his rotation on Freedom 2/28. That would be about 10 weeks, if he goes home May 8.

But Capt Espen will be going home earlier than 10 weeks if Capt Toni shows up in April. Early last year Capt Espen worked a longer rotation so maybe this time he's only working an 8 week rotation.

But Capt Espen will be going home earlier than 10 weeks if Capt Toni shows up in April. Early last year Capt Espen worked a longer rotation so maybe this time he's only working an 8 week rotation.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

I wonder if they will have an overlapping week so that Captain Toni can learn FR's ropes from a captain who has commanded her.

We bumbed into Captain Calne this morning while doing our weekend weggies&fruits shopping at Turku market hall. He confirmed going to Freedom, said he'll be joining Freedom on the 17th of April. I did not ask about whom he will be replacing or about overlapping time.

We bumbed into Captain Calne this morning while doing our weekend weggies&fruits shopping at Turku market hall. He confirmed going to Freedom, said he'll be joining Freedom on the 17th of April. I did not ask about whom he will be replacing or about overlapping time.

thank you for the info. He will overlap with Capt Been April 17 then on April 24 Capt Been will go on vacation and Capt Toni will be running the show by himself. Looking forward to meeting him on my May 8th FR cruise!