Question about flight times

nickiefriend

Our flight arrives at Orlando at 11:50 and then we take the shuttle to the port and our cruise leaves at 4pm. Is that enough time? That is the earliest flight available that morning. I keep freaking out that we should have flown in the night before, but we have to work!

Will we be ok? First timer here if you cant tell:p

If there is no serious delays on your flight, and you arrange prompt ground transport, you will make it. You are required to be on board 60 minutes prior to sailing for the life boat drill, and, depending on the cruiseline, up to 120 minutes prior to sailing to meet TSA requirements. It is a 45-60 minute drive from the airport.

We are cruising Carnival so I am hoping they are only requiring the one hour!

Whats your backup plan if:

a) your flight is delayed

b) there's a traffic jam

My Opinion Only

If someone asked BEFORE they already bought the tickets, never in a million years would I have recommended your flight arrival time.

You really need to have a backup plan in place and pray you won't need it. Travel insurance most likely will not offer reimbursement if you miss the ship with this tight of a schedule.

How about a flight the night before, after work?

I actually just told my husband that I am problably gonna call Southwest tomorrow and see if I can change my reservation. I would have to leave work about an hour early in order to make the flight, but at this point I dont care!

Any suggestions on hotels? I have already paid for the transfer from airport to terminal, so how does that work if you fly in the night before? Do you stay in Orlando and then use the transfer the next day, or do they transfer you that night to a hotel in the Port Canaveral area?

Our flight arrives at Orlando at 11:50 and then we take the shuttle to the port and our cruise leaves at 4pm. Is that enough time? That is the earliest flight available that morning. I keep freaking out that we should have flown in the night before, but we have to work!

Will we be ok? First timer here if you cant tell:p

IF the flight gets in on time and IF you get your luggage promptly, the earliest you are out of the airport is 12:30. You probably have to be on board at 2:30, (3:00 at the latest) for a 4:00 departure.

That gives you a 2 to 2 1/2 hour window in case you have any problems.

Lots of luck and be sure to have clothes for a few days in your carry on.

DON

I actually just told my husband that I am problably gonna call Southwest tomorrow and see if I can change my reservation. I would have to leave work about an hour early in order to make the flight, but at this point I dont care!

Any suggestions on hotels? I have already paid for the transfer from airport to terminal, so how does that work if you fly in the night before? Do you stay in Orlando and then use the transfer the next day, or do they transfer you that night to a hotel in the Port Canaveral area?

MCO has a hotel inside the airport. Just google "hotel at MCO"

There is almost every major hotel chain located near the Orlando airport. Most have free shuttle services.

To catch the Carnival bus to the ship you will find cruise line reps in the baggage claim area as well as secure areas of the airport, which of course you cannot access without a boarding pass. The reps are usually dressed in "nautical" attire and will carry signs.

Take a hotel shuttle back to the airport and go to Baggage Claim and someone will guide you to the bus. It's painless and a heck of a lot better than missing the cruise because you didn't know the necessity of avoiding same day travel.

You should be able to catch the bus around 10 a.m. and get to the ship in time to relax and have a nice lunch.

Just stay at the Hyatt in the terminal. That way in the morning you can just take the elevator down to meet your shuttle. No need to triple schlep luggage.

It's about an hour ride from the airport to the cruise terminal.

If you fly in the night before, there are a lot of motels in the area. You may want to consider just getting a rental car with a one way drop and take yourself to the port, easy and direct. I've always gotten pretty cheap car rental rates.

Presumably you have paid for the cruiseline shuttle service, which provides transportation from the airport to the port, the day of embarkation. It is not a private car service that you can schedule to go wherever whenever, so no, the cruiseline shuttle is not going to transfer you from airport to hotel a day before. Use the hotel shuttle of whatever hotel you booked, and then take that same hotel shuttle back to the airport the next day, and meet the cruiseline shuttle to the port.

Just SOOOO risky flying in the day of.....worrying if you have enough time. Even on a non stop early flight, so much today can happen...why start out the day worrying....if you can fly the day before, you won't be sorry!!!

The good news is you are flying Southwest, so you can change without a fee. Don't be afraid of connecting flights if that's the only thing that works. While non-stops are ideal, they aren't manditory.

If you want to stay overnight near the Orlando Airport, you can almost always get a pretty decent place for quite cheap via Priceline or Hotwire.

Ok, so I changed my flight. We are now flying in the night before. Leaving at 6:55, arriving at 9 something and now all we have to do is find a motel for the night, but that should not be a problem.

Any suggestions on a good, close to the airport with shuttle service motel in Orlando?

Archived